Richardson

ns09

Addicted to Softballfans

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
He will be a stud in 2 weeks once he gets acclimated. Who the hell is even running the ball for browns now?

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
My team kinda likes this. My Gordon value might have just dropped though. WTF is going to run for Cle? Jack or Squat?

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
He will be a stud in 2 weeks once he gets acclimated. Who the hell is even running the ball for browns now?

Bradshaw. I don't get this move at all for the Browns.

Let's give up the #3 overall pick for a pick that will probably be in the 20's after 1 season.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Bradshaw. I don't get this move at all for the Browns.

Let's give up the #3 overall pick for a pick that will probably be in the 20's after 1 season.

Yeah, he plays for the colts, so....he will be backing up T-Rich

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
rumor is mcgahee will be signed. went through physical today. Does trent play this week. I get stuck with ****ing bradshaw. what a waste.

stork

The team that I have TR on is my worst one. Tokens, however small are always appreciated.

3XC

Big Truss
Theres more to this. I bet behind closed doors a lot of **** went down. Maybe he punched the coach or something.

gregbishere

Shutup just Shutup
that's why you have the racist infraction 3x, always assuming the worst. maybe the browns just realized you don't build a team around a 30 year old qb and a top 10 rb and got 1st rounder whilst they could. getting a first is actually gtg, you never see 1st rounders traded.

3XC

Big Truss
Trading a #3 overall pick for something between 10 and 20 in terms of pick order is stupid. There's underlying issues. No team makes a calculated drop from 3 to 15, thats absurd.

gregbishere

Shutup just Shutup
There could be a hidden issue, we'll find out I'm sure. I don't even know if it's the same gm/coach over there because it's cleveland and who the **** really pays attention to them? TRich was the only relevant thing there and he was in his 18th game.

3XC

Big Truss
They are going to parlay that 1st round pick into 2 4ths and a 7th.

They got less for Richardson than Cincy got for Palmer, who was holding out indefinitely and told the Bengals he was going to retire.

God Cleveland sucks.

stork

A once proud franchise, now a different proud franchise in a different city. I feel bad for Cleveland-ites or whatever they are called.

I am pulling for the Tribe though to make playoffs. God bless Terry Francona.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
There has to be more to this than meets the eye. Who makes this kind of trade in the second game of the season? No one. Either he has injury issues they are hoping the physical doesn't catch, or he asked to be traded (although usually guys his age aren't smart enough to keep it out of the media/social media).

This is a dumb trade, unless he gets injured in the next four games and the Browns dumped him for a first round pick.

This is a win for the Colts though. They effectively got the 1st and 3rd overall picks in last years draft. They now have a franchise QB and RB for years to come if it works out.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Trading a #3 overall pick for something between 10 and 20 in terms of pick order is stupid. There's underlying issues. No team makes a calculated drop from 3 to 15, thats absurd.

That was my initial thought as well.

OTOH, if you look at a lot of the starting RBs around the NFL, there aren't many that were 1st round picks. Basically, using a first for a RB is stupid - you don't have to "pay" that high of a price for a good one. So, if you're the new GM in Cleveland and in looking at the current roster you determine the cupboard is pretty bare, recouping a 1st for the previous regime's poor decision isn't terrible. And if you never liked Richardson or don't think he will be the type of player that will play to the level of a first rounder, no matter where he was taken in the 1st, why not trade him now when you can still get a first? Now, if needed, you'll have 2 firsts to grab a franchise QB in the next draft (b/c Weeden ain't one).

Is there anyone else on the roster they could have got a first for (factoring in age, trouble history and contract)?

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Also, Dion Lewis was having a really nice camp before going on IR. He can, at minimum (or maybe max) play a Sproles role in Norval's offense next year.

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
Trade is a head scratcher for sure, something more is going on then is known. How come Michael Turner is not being mentioned in any talks? He had a decent year in Atlanta last year.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Don't like it.....don't hate it. Colts could end up in the bottom 3rd and this will probably go down as one of the greatest classes ever and now they don't even have to tank their way to top 2....which is where they want to be. Bridgewater and Clowney go 1 and 2