Rip-It Vision Helmet/Facemask

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
First headgear I've ever gotten and still haven't wore it in a game. The vision is really nice and it's also light and fits good. Never liked the catchers masks or face masks but this seems like it's going work well. However I may look semi retarded....oh well. Waaaaay too many close calls and shaved bats to not wear one I hate it but I'm gonna start.

AsshP1Ml.jpg

CarlsbadDrew

Addicted to Softballfans
It looks like it's gonna be sweaty! At least you can attached a couple beers to the top of it with some mega straws!

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Whoever yaps and says anything about you wearing a helmet needs to step on the mound and have one buzz by their dome without having time to react. That is what it took for me to wear my helmet. I could care less what people say now just put it on and pitch away. I just got mine custom air brushed so it took away from the guys saying it looked stupid to now having guys to see the paint job. lol

MB:bigok:

russmcd

Addicted to Softballfans
Good move...you'll find that you'll get more positive comments and respect walking out with it.

Throw a custom paint job on it and you're GTG!!!

13obby

Addicted to Softballfans
Good move Warpath. At the end of the day, we'd all like to go home to our families in one piece after playing this RECREATIONAl sport.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
Whoever yaps and says anything about you wearing a helmet needs to step on the mound and have one buzz by their dome without having time to react. That is what it took for me to wear my helmet. I could care less what people say now just put it on and pitch away. I just got mine custom air brushed so it took away from the guys saying it looked stupid to now having guys to see the paint job. lol

MB:bigok:

Had this happen last weekend a ball hit my hair on the left side of my head. I've had a ton of close calls bit have always gloved everything at my face. I would've eaten this one. Besides getting hurt don't want to get hit and miss a season :D

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
**** looks perfect for me. I've never seen one of these... I'm going to get one. Perfect for when the suns out...

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
They are actually a pretty solid helmet and mask combo. My daughter has one.

BOOM!

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
**** looks perfect for me. I've never seen one of these... I'm going to get one. Perfect for when the suns out...

That's wat I'm saying I hate not having a bill, that's why I don't like masks. This thing keeps the sun out.

mcdiesel86

Starting Player
The vision is fine, without sawing any bars off, once you get used to it. Goalies for lacrosse have to see a smaller ball being shot at 100 mph from 10-15 yards. They see the ball and react to it...

blakcherry329

Love my cascade BAY pick up I mad past year ($30 shipped)
Yeppers, got my Riddell for $35 shipped.
True but don't they also have wire in your line of vision?
Yeah, that's what I found with most of them.
The vision is fine, without sawing any bars off, once you get used to it. Goalies for lacrosse have to see a smaller ball being shot at 100 mph from 10-15 yards. They see the ball and react to it...

I think that comes down to personal preference. I sawed the bars off of mine and it's perfectly clear vision. Some don't mind the bar there.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
This is obviously better than nothing but I wonder how well this is going to work on a face shot. A bating helmet is designed to take impacts from the side with a batter turned. Every other type of helmet for all other sports that are intended to take a front impact all have contact points on the chin. This is better than nothing but I think getting an actual softball or lacrosse style helmet would be a lot better protection.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
This is obviously better than nothing but I wonder how well this is going to work on a face shot. A bating helmet is designed to take impacts from the side with a batter turned. Every other type of helmet for all other sports that are intended to take a front impact all have contact points on the chin. This is better than nothing but I think getting an actual softball or lacrosse style helmet would be a lot better protection.

The lack of chin support is why I thought this was a joke. Clearly he can't afford to take any more trauma to his head.....but I guess this will be better than just a flat bill. :rolleyes:

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
I hear what you guys are saying I just hate anything inhibiting my vision. Don't like masks or lacrosse helmets. I'm sure I could get used to it I guess. I've pitch in conference tournys with zero protection d c b teams all day idc. This helmet literally doesn't have anything in my direct line of vision and it looks awesome. Plus I'm gonna wear it when I hit lol jkn