Rocket Launcher

HITTS

Eeyore $300
Dirty's were going for $69
The Rocket Launcher cost $231 or does that include shipping?

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
Eeyore $300
Dirty's were going for $69
The Rocket Launcher cost $231 or does that include shipping?

Yes that is shipped. Figured for an extra couple bucks get an exclusive instead of the Flip. Worked out since I bought the Dirty for a team mate.

And just got shipping info today so should have bat in hand in 2-3 days. Hoping the snow is gone by than.

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
Got the bat today. Barrel length is either 12.5 or 13. It is end loaded but not that extreme(at least in 27.5). The knob is smaller than a normal Combat (seems close to Easton size). Comes with the old style grip but I always remove and just use tape. Might be able to get some hits in a couple days. Feels good in my hands. Will give updates when I can.

lx_2nv

Coach
Got the bat today. Barrel length is either 12.5 or 13. It is end loaded but not that extreme(at least in 27.5). The knob is smaller than a normal Combat (seems close to Easton size). Comes with the old style grip but I always remove and just use tape. Might be able to get some hits in a couple days. Feels good in my hands. Will give updates when I can.

Sounds promising! I'd love them to switch to the smaller knob for all their bats.

estirpe

Addicted to Softballfans
In for the review also, how pronounce is the endload?, hows does it compare to dudley? Holding the trigger....

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry been busy with work. I only have gotten to hit it around 25 times (with only 52s) and it will most likely be my gamer. I took it out when it was nice a couple days ago but windy (20-30 mph gusts) blowing in. I hit it off a tee and hit 5 out in that weather. It swings smooth and the end load is there but not massive. It feels super comfortable in my hands and if it is durable than it will live up to the hype. In my opinion it will be a great bat.

Talked to someone who went to a demo with Nifong and was told the Rocket Launcher was there. Said it was used by a ton of people swinging all sorts of balls and close to 500 swings and it was still going with no tracking, cracks or rattles. Of course I wasn't there so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. This may be the bat to buy this year.

I should know more tomorrow as we have BP at the dome scheduled as long as nothing comes up.

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
In for the review also, how pronounce is the endload?, hows does it compare to dudley? Holding the trigger....

I haven't swung the Dudley so can't answer that. But I would say a .5 oz endload. It's there but not over bearing.

jbarrow

Addicted to Softballfans
I have put 500 swings on a proto-type balanced version , that I have had for a month . Hit in 55 to 70 degree weather . Wet balls early etc . Absolutely no cracks etc. to this point . Bat is as hot as my end loaded Big Cat . Just received the "finished" version . It is a 27 EL . Supposed to have made some tweaks to improve performance even more . I will report on the EL performance at the 300 hit mark .

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
I have put 500 swings on a proto-type balanced version , that I have had for a month . Hit in 55 to 70 degree weather . Wet balls early etc . Absolutely no cracks etc. to this point . Bat is as hot as my end loaded Big Cat . Just received the "finished" version . It is a 27 EL . Supposed to have made some tweaks to improve performance even more . I will report on the EL performance at the 300 hit mark .

sounds good boss. cant wait to hear.

HAVOC34

NorCal COMbatant
FWIW I took a swing with one in league. I'm 6'4", 235. Usually swing 28.5 but this was a 27.5. Mis- hit it about 310. Not a fan of the small knob. Reminds me of a Kendrick. I'd like to find a 28.5 with the same frame and a regular size knob if possible.

RSTLNE

Addicted to Softballfans
Small knob like the og virus plague? ...or was it the og gear supremacy that had the smaller knob?

Sbrazel21

BAT W#0RE
I picked one up for "best offer". I figured with a 30 day money back trial, it was worth the 15$ return shipping cost to try it out.
Put about 200 cuts indoors with 44/375s while waiting for the weather to warm up.
Once i got outside with it, i was hitting 1&2 year old .52 Zulus out of a 305' field off a tee with ease.
I got a 26.5, and the end load isnt too bad, feels nice. I love the classic ribbed combat grip, combined with the smaller knob.

I will NOT be asking for my money back at 30 days!!
FWIW: I'll probably end up selling off my Bombardier since this bat has all the stamps and isnt "lc only"

Last edited:

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
This bat is no joke. Finally got out and hit outside this last week. Mine has around 100 hits on it. It has only seen 52s and I would have no problem gaming it. If you are on the fence in ordering one - don't be. This bat feels amazing and the performance is there.