Roller Bag?

bdunn12

Addicted to Softballfans
just picked up a Combat Derby Pro Wheeled Event Bag for $111.96 shipped.

Last edited:

miller32

Addicted to Softballfans
Was thinking of trying the LS 9 series roller bag but can only find it in the Platinum/Grey. Is this the only color they made it

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Im on just my second beast roller in 7 years. First one lasted a solid 5 years with a few nights of league a week and tournaments 3 outta 4 weekends a month. I bought a second one only because the first one faded over that time. Nothing was broken on it, not even a zipper. I bought the exact same bag two years ago and its still as good as new. Definitely the best value for under $100 IMO. Although the black ops bag has always intrigued me, Im not shelling out 2 bills for a roller.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Just picked up a diamond diesel boost bag. Should be coming in in a few days. I'll give a good review of it when to shows. Paid under 100$ for it.

And Im curious about this bag a well. Looking forward to your review.

i recently went back to my Tanel 360 since my boombah superpack **** the bed, i can't say enough good things about it...mine is close to 2 years old and i used it for a majority of those 2 years and it's got minimal wear and tear

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
You roller bag guys switch your stuff to a backpack for league night or just roll that big ***** with you everywhere you go?

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
You roller bag guys switch your stuff to a backpack for league night or just roll that big ***** with you everywhere you go?

I bought a backpack for league to do just this. Switched my stuff for a few weeks and said ta hell with that. I like having all my bats handy at league for when it gets boring and I wanna switch it up.

Plus you never know when someone might want to make a trade :eek:

Seriously though, I might try it again this year.

grebeson

Addicted to Softballfans
roller bag

I have a black ops but only because I won it in a raffle. There is no doubt it is nice but I wouldnt buy one, there really isn't much room. By far the best buy is the Taney Rage. My brother has one and it is awesome.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I bought a backpack for league to do just this. Switched my stuff for a few weeks and said ta hell with that. I like having all my bats handy at league for when it gets boring and I wanna switch it up.

Plus you never know when someone might want to make a trade :eek:

Seriously though, I might try it again this year.

I only take 1-2 bats with me so that's not a concern, but having little stuff like sunglasses, sunscreen, booze, softballs, or my wife's crap on coed night easily accessible is. I need to decide if I'm going to carry my pitching helmet and shin guards or ditch them. I can get away with a small backpack without or it would be nice to have a roller with.

I take my roller bag everywhere. Not really a big issue to me. And I load my bag up with a ton of stuff.

Good to know, you're carrying a bunch of crap either way, might as well embrace it...

I roll it everywhere and use it's weight whenever I need a quick crossfit style workout

This is the open fatty board, comments like this will not be tolerated or understood.

I have a black ops but only because I won it in a raffle. There is no doubt it is nice but I wouldnt buy one, there really isn't much room. By far the best buy is the Taney Rage. My brother has one and it is awesome.

Tanel Rage is the roller I'm looking at, either full retard with the biggest and baddest bag or minimalist with the smallest bag I can get away with.

Other thing is that I finally got a block rocker and will be taking that on Saturdays, maybe weeknights, and definitely on coed nights. Sounds like a pain rolling 2 things but I have to fight back against the yo homie drink paper phat stacks crap and I need Hall & Oates, Mudvayne, Huey Lewis, Fogerty, and Merl to do it.

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
Other thing is that I finally got a block rocker and will be taking that on Saturdays, maybe weeknights, and definitely on coed nights. Sounds like a pain rolling 2 things but I have to fight back against the yo homie drink paper phat stacks crap and I need Hall & Oates, Mudvayne, Huey Lewis, Fogerty, and Merl to do it.

Make your wife roll one problem solved. :thumb:

Hunter09

Addicted to Softballfans
Who's gonna make my sammich?

Chrome if you email Tanel about their blemish bags, they have some RAGE rollers that have minimal defects, like dirt on the bottom, little smaller wheels or a new zipper and the prices are discounted. I got one straight from Tanel for $69 and it works perfect but was used at a single tourney by one of the staff. Just a fyi.

mihklo

And Im curious about this bag a well. Looking forward to your review.

Forgot bout this thread. But got this bag earlier this week. For the price I paid (under 90$) for it, to me it was a good buy. Overall construction seems good. Only time will tell how long it'll last.

Pros
-Pretty good wheels on it. Not fat boy good but better than most roller wheels
-bat storage. Should be able to store plenty of bats in main compt and it also has a slot on 1 side for 2 "game" bats
-seperate sections. One of my biggest pet peeves is bags that have a floating bag for your shoes. When you take your shoes out and everything falls to the bottom. This bag is sectioned off to where that don't haopen. And I easily fit 2 pairs of turf in the shoe compt
-cost
-fence hooks are nice
-bat pack straps if you want to carry that way. I ended up cutting them off as I think they'll just get in the way

Cons
-open bat compt. I prefer having sleeves for my bats. More on this later.
-compt aren't very big. The top and the mid are about the same size. Plenty storage for what I need but not a ton. Maybe around or a little less than the black ops.
-imo it could use another or 2 small compt/pouches. There is 2 pouches and 2 mesh holders in the side pocket. I would like 1 or 2 more.

Overall it seems like it will be good. I ended up removing the bat sleeve compt from my idp and it slid right in this bags bat compt. It will cut down on the amount of bats I can put in it. But im good w that.

Is there any significant difference in a black ops or the IDP besides price?

The black ops is much better constructed and an overall much nicer bag. The idp does have better wheels Imo and more storage in the main compt. Both have that stupid floating bag for the shoes

SDMike

Addicted to Softballfans
Is this a new version of the Sports 55 Bomber bag? Looks very similar in design.

O-H!

Forgot bout this thread. But got this bag earlier this week. For the price I paid (under 90$) for it, to me it was a good buy. Overall construction seems good. Only time will tell how long it'll last.

Pros
-Pretty good wheels on it. Not fat boy good but better than most roller wheels
-bat storage. Should be able to store plenty of bats in main compt and it also has a slot on 1 side for 2 "game" bats
-seperate sections. One of my biggest pet peeves is bags that have a floating bag for your shoes. When you take your shoes out and everything falls to the bottom. This bag is sectioned off to where that don't haopen. And I easily fit 2 pairs of turf in the shoe compt
-cost
-fence hooks are nice
-bat pack straps if you want to carry that way. I ended up cutting them off as I think they'll just get in the way

Cons
-open bat compt. I prefer having sleeves for my bats. More on this later.
-compt aren't very big. The top and the mid are about the same size. Plenty storage for what I need but not a ton. Maybe around or a little less than the black ops.
-imo it could use another or 2 small compt/pouches. There is 2 pouches and 2 mesh holders in the side pocket. I would like 1 or 2 more.

Overall it seems like it will be good. I ended up removing the bat sleeve compt from my idp and it slid right in this bags bat compt. It will cut down on the amount of bats I can put in it. But im good w that.

The black ops is much better constructed and an overall much nicer bag. The idp does have better wheels Imo and more storage in the main compt. Both have that stupid floating bag for the shoes