Roster check?

ojs43

Leaving illegal players to become a potential protest is dumb. In tournaments, I’d have no idea who is legal or not on a team prior to the first pitch. That’s not really a feasible solution unless you know the team well.

Saying that, technology and communication can easily take this out of team hands and put the responsibility onto the league/tournament directors. It’s really not that hard to stop illegal players.

huzzdog

retired
in a tournament maybe... and only before the game. in a league game.. who gives a ****...it's a chance to drink a few and get out of the house. you take league night that serious you need a life check up

Country469

It must be ass to play at such a low level as to have to worry about keeping certain individuals out of the game. That does suck.

MaverickAH

I love how many guys here aren't concerned about roster issues....yet the vast majority of you all play at the lowest division possible and brag about winning a tournament, in the rare instances that happens. But I know, you just haven't gotten your shot yet, or a look, or schmoozed with the right people. I get it, you'll play whoever whenever......except in reality.

Play by the rules......and there is no rule saying a team has to protest at a specific time in the game, just during the game. The team with the illegal players is the one doing something wrong, not the team protesting it. Hell IMO it'd funnier if they waiting until the last possible out to do it. Don't like it, don't cheat. And stop bullying the teams who do it right.

I'd take it even further & say that most don't know what it is to show up unknown & compete for an open roster spot on a competitive, tournament level team. Not only do you have to compete to make the team but doing so does not guarantee you any playing time. You then have to earn that as well!

Playing with F&F on a limited rostered team is one thing. Playing only a competitive team with a full 25-man roster where everyone is good & you have to earn every second on the field is a whole 'nother level. it can tell you a lot about who you are as a person & a competitor. It can be both rewarding & humbling. Sometimes at the same time...…….

huzzdog

retired
no conference teams carry 25 man rosters, that would be entirely too expensive. 15 is bout it
we always had 13 or 14. no way we could afford more than that. as it was it cost the sponsors 100k a year

and if it's not a level where somebody else is paying.. why on earth would you want to be on a 25 man roster. you have 2 damn teams. if you are paying your own way to sit.. you must be really bored

Country469

exactly, what does 10 flights look like for a total? 10 flights for guys to have front seats to watch.

r8dr_rider

I love how many guys here aren't concerned about roster issues....yet the vast majority of you all play at the lowest division possible and brag about winning a tournament, in the rare instances that happens. But I know, you just haven't gotten your shot yet, or a look, or schmoozed with the right people. I get it, you'll play whoever whenever......except in reality.

Play by the rules......and there is no rule saying a team has to protest at a specific time in the game, just during the game. The team with the illegal players is the one doing something wrong, not the team protesting it. Hell IMO it'd be funnier if they waited until the last possible out to do it. Don't like it, don't cheat. And stop bullying the teams who do it right.

It’s flipping slow pitch!!!! IDK if your a professional player it’s flipping slow pitch!!!! We drink beers while playing the game