Rover or extra OF???

r8dr_rider

So I got a company tourney coming up and they require the 10th D position be a female rover. Would you stick her in RF/RC or behind 2B? Mind you most players are novice, and this rover is mainly a body and not gonna do much.

Country469

I'll never understand how you guys care so much about leagues and tourneys that are clearly for low skilled players and just for freaking fun. There are lots of competitive outlets, but y'all clearly would rather stay with girls and gimps to compensate for a real lack of athletic ability.

Kernsoftball

I'll never understand how you guys care so much about leagues and tourneys that are clearly for low skilled players and just for freaking fun. There are lots of competitive outlets, but y'all clearly would rather stay with girls and gimps to compensate for a real lack of athletic ability.
Umm or you read the original Post its a company tournament he is playing in, my community has 1 League you can get a team full of friends and have fun. As well who are you to decided what everyones leagues looks like through a forum post and people answering his questions. You really should just relax and get off your High Horse you arent Mike Trout of softball

Joker

Put in Right field and put a guy with range in RC we play 10 man all the time around here

Read the last sentence in his post. Just a Body not alot of skill

Sorry about that. I would put her in RCF so that you have good fielders on both sides of her.

Umm or you read the original Post its a company tournament he is playing in, my community has 1 League you can get a team full of friends and have fun. As well who are you to decided what everyones leagues looks like through a forum post and people answering his questions. You really should just relax and get off your High Horse you arent Mike Trout of softball

if you chuckleheads would read, the girl needs to be put in the 10th defensive position. this would be RF. so, it's not a matter of her playing RC or RF. he's wondering where he should position her in the field as the RFer

the correct answer is it's a company tourney not worlds, who gives a ****? let her play the game

roxtc

I'd put her in RF on the line like others have said, and my fastest outfielder at RC playing maybe 5 steps in compared to all other OF. People see a girl at RF and they start hitting all sorts of garbage because they usually can't/don't shoot opposite field. Most rec games, you will just about never have a player who's good enough to paint the line and hit far enough back where the RC cannot cover. They typically hit measly grounders and dinkers into RF at best.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
if you chuckleheads would read, the girl needs to be put in the 10th defensive position. this would be RF. so, it's not a matter of her playing RC or RF. he's wondering where he should position her in the field as the RFer

the correct answer is it's a company tourney not worlds, who gives a ****? let her play the game
He said a rover which means she can play anywhere.

Wheels33

Coach
Crazy idea, but If the level of play is what I'm thinking. RF and 10 feet behind 1st base. She can back up first base for infield plays. Sounds crazy but I seen company games (where 1st base only caught the ball 50% of the time), if they did this, they probably would have won. Too serious? Lol