Salomon Speedcross Review

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly I had never even heard of them until I read about them on this board. I am glad I did.

I gave them a month before I posted anything just to see how they would wear. I must say I have been nothing but impressed with them. I was always strictly a Nike wearer but these have turned me around. It seems with the bigger shoe companies that their baseball cleat production is more centered towards the metal cleat lines, and the molded/MCS lines are an afterthought. In the last few years this fact has become quite clear. Especially if you want a good shoe.

Anwyay..... The Speedcross is super light, and super comfortable. The thing I was most worried about was the grip/traction. After wearing these for a month in the infield, the outfield, the batters box in both wet and dry conditions I can say that grip/traction are no longer a worry. They have been great in that aspect. Much better than I expected. Because of the softer feel than regular cleats the stress on the legs/joints seem to be greatly reduced.

I was also concerned about the fact that these only come in lows, and I was accustomed to wearing mids in my Nike cleats. Again no issues with this at all. Although if they did make these in a mid I would definately pick them up.

The one thing I did do to them is a add Tuff Toe to the right shoe. I play modified pitch and I pitch on two of my teams so the right foot drags. No biggie for me because I have done this to all of my cleats since I started pitching.

All in all I have no problem recommending these shoes to anyone that plays ball. There are no issues.

blakcherry329

I will never buy another pair of turfs.
Trail Runners are definitely the way to go.
I got these on sale. these are the Salomon Sense Mantra 2.

Very light, run a little smaller than usual(I ordered a 13, I wear 12s, and it's just a tad bigger than I like). Very comfortable

The tread isn't all that aggressive, so OFs might not want to get these, unless you play on turf. I pitch(slow pitch and modified) and they are fine for me, so far. The toe on these seems to be reinforced, but I don't drag my toe, so they should be fine. I've only worn them for one tournament, so far, but I'm definitely pleased so far.

81q5kLz-qOL._QL100_AC_UL450_SR450,450.jpg

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
They just look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gay. Like only Euro-homo soccer queers would wear them.......Good luck convincing people you don't like the ****.

blakcherry329

They just look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gay. Like only Euro-homo soccer queers would wear them.......Good luck convincing people you don't like the ****.

LMAO

You sound like the cranky old guy in the neighborhood that yells at the kids when they run on his lawn. You probably only wear black molded cleats, no matter what color your uniform is.:biggthumpup:

sjury

The Old Man
I've got a pair of Speedcross 3 and I play outfield. I've worn them all year and they are great. Comfortable and play well on any wetness of grass.

I have one pair of black and gray, that I wear no matter what color the uniform is...BTW. They don't offer lots of color options, it's not Boombah.

blakcherry329

I've got a pair of Speedcross 3 and I play outfield. I've worn them all year and they are great. Comfortable and play well on any wetness of grass.

I have one pair of black and gray, that I wear no matter what color the uniform is...BTW. They don't offer lots of color options, it's not Boombah.

Np. lol

My comment was for the Cranky Old Guy above:p

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Fellraisers for the WIN
They got color
They got Grip
They match my jersey
They got old man farts shoved in the tongue.
GTG

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans
i know theres one particular douche i bet was tripping over himself to get in here thinking this was a thread asking about salomons. instead its of someone actually giving a review so we'll probably not hear a word from him :rofl:

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
Colors aside the shoes are legit. They have great comfort, perform really well and hold up for durability. Would recommend them Speedcross 3's to anyone.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Great shoes: I have 4 pair of the Solomons. (3) Speedcross 3's (1) Fellraisers.

2 of the pair I got from China.. the only difference is the drawstring (to tighten the shoes) does not hold as well as the ones made in the US..

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans

You seem to be up to date and right on top of gay culture. I think that is great. I am not here to judge you. I think it is good that you found out who you are and not afraid to let people know.

Bruce Jenner became Kaitlyn Jenner. I am sure that was inspirational to you. I am hopeful the softball community welcomed you.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
LMAO

You sound like the cranky old guy in the neighborhood that yells at the kids when they run on his lawn. You probably only wear black molded cleats, no matter what color your uniform is.:biggthumpup:

Black molded Spotbilt cleats go with my yello...........Errrr.............Gold pants.

Baller

Addicted to Softballfans
Salomon is a great shoe, I prefer the Fellraiser to the speedcross. Fellraiser is a wider shoe and seems a bit more stable. The nice thing about Salomon is the warranty, I had a small tear is the tread after about 6 months and they sent me a brand new pair by just sending a photo of defect.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
New Speed cross user here. Best shoe I have owned in my 30 years of playing.
Edit, have not been playing for a few years. Played a senior double header and the other team was short and they needed a catcher. I figured I can get that and it gives me a chance to get my eyes used to seeing pitches. So I ended up only sitting down for like 2 innings out of 28. My feet were the only thing NOT hurting

Last edited:

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
I need a wider shoe, If I order 1/2 size up, will it be fine? The Fellraisers I'm talking about.

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
campsaver.com currently has limited sizes and colors on clearance. Just ordered a pair of Fellraisers for $66, free ship

NSideSnoMexican

Addicted to Softballfans
I would hesitate to buy the Chinese knockoffs... I had one pair that did not last 2 months of 2 games a week plus about 3 tournaments. This was just my experience, just putting it out there.