For Sale SBF Exclusive Wilson SP125 Round Two!!

softball ryno 8

Addicted to Softballfans
If Chad's OT, ST, and Blonde had a wild night and made a baby together, my guess is it would look something like this.
upload_2017-6-19_22-57-38.png

OR...add a black web into the mix
upload_2017-6-19_22-58-0.png

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Possible to do black stitching on the black option above? I think with the yellow stitching it is just too much black and yellow. Its like the retail 1781's vs the PI's. To me the PI's look so much cleaner.

We change stitch easily

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Change the ot to st with those options I'm in, I just don't like the yellow logos unless it's on black

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately I tried the 4 version route with Wilson and was declined. The IG crowd loves the OT along with me so I am leaning heavily there. I think forum needs to concentrate on black vs ST and come to a consensus on the specs. Seems like the blonde is the least favored.

jethrodub

Coach
Have you tried posting the Black, ST and Blonde versions in IG as well? I know everyone loved the OT on there, but that is because they were actually able to see a real mock-up of the glove. Everyone loves something new. I'm sure if you were able to post a ST, Black or Blonde version much like the OT one, you would also have very favorable feedback. People just love new gloves on IG.

From the posts here, it seems like OT was not in the majority of the votes. Although it is very nice, many expressed wanting something a little different than the original.

If there is a ST or a Black I am in 100%, so I am happy either way, but I don't think it is fair to automatically go OT because of the reaction to an IG post. The most fair comparison would be to post 4 models (the OT mock-up you already have, ST with split ST welt and classic logos/patches, black with split black and classic logos/patches, then the blonde with maybe grey split and some blue accents (Bryant like)) then gauge the reaction. You could pair that with the reactions here and then make the decision.

Those are just my thoughts. In the end it is obviously your call and you have always done an awesome job hooking the people the this forum up with amazing gloves. Just the fact that this could be happening again is a big win for all.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
I posted multiple options in IG.

OT with white welt
ST with Split grey welt
Blonde with Split grey welt

Very near the gloves on here and the overwhelming majority was OT so yes I have done the homework.

To me the main thing is the main glove color. Right now OT and ST seem to have majority votes. With the addition of the 3 customs we can build by end of the month for retail prices in a 1799 I think that is where we head with the black or blonde.

Joker

I'm not convinced I'm going to buy again in round 2, but if the modifications to the black (black welt, classic embroidery) end up happening, it may be enough to get me to fold. The blonde looks very sharp as well. but would probably prefer the 'A2000' embroidery to be black.

I'd be in for the classic black. I bought the first one and liked the pattern and feel but i couldn't get past the OT.

OT - No (I just bought one :))
ST - Yes
Black - Yes
Blonde - No

Blonde I'd definitely buy
Black I would maybe buy

as long as they have split welting.

OT - Already have the old version so I'd be out.
ST - I would buy and split welting for sure if you can make that happen.
Black - I would definitely consider and would probably order one along with the ST.
Camel - No

1 & 2: not for me

black: black it out completely, black labels and stitching

blonde: go with blonde welting too, everything else the same. maybe black A2000

I'm totally down for a black one the way it is. Possibly a ST if I have the extra cash. Already have the OT and would never own a blonde glove.

Id purchase either swinging bunt's blonde or blackout

First post, because I love my sp125 and want a black one!
Black, black split welt, classic stitching and embroidery (bunt's first two mockups work for me too)

black seems popular

MaverickAH

Honestly, I would love it if you were able to go totally retro:
  • OT
  • Single gray or white split welting
  • Wilson gold stitching
I know that the single welting is probably a no-go as I don't think that they do in anymore but I'd love to see it.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
How about black with black split welting and tan laces like the Kyle Seager NP6.
Or, classic saddle tan, tan laces, gold stitching, gray split welting. Not too picky about logos.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Currently split welt is not an option I have them checking with the factory if they can get it.

Yes Joker we do have 4 yes and a couple maybe's which is why I think it would be a great option for a 1799.

chavist93

Currently split welt is not an option I have them checking with the factory if they can get it.

Yes Joker we do have 4 yes and a couple maybe's which is why I think it would be a great option for a 1799.

Just my opinion here, but there are already so many black 1799's out there and easily available. OT or ST would be a great option for a 1799. I love my OT sp125, but wouldn't buy another that's almost identical, and I think many people would feel the same way. If there were a black sp125 and OT or ST 1799 you'd have my money for both.

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
Rawlings just does tan a lot better IMO. I'm in the minority with Camel and black being my top two choices, but I know SBF needs to sell the most gloves possible so I'll most likely sit this one out. My 504 design got on the Rawlings build so I'm happy.

jethrodub

Coach
Honestly the pattern is so perfect for alot of people that I think they will sell no matter what the choices end up being.

If its ST and Black with split and classic logos i am buying both!

Excited to see what ends up being selected.

CapnBooBox

Addicted to Softballfans
If they allowed us to put the classic indented labels on a straight ST, Black, or last year's OT, I'd buy 10 of each.

On this go around, I'd buy the black and ST models in your first post if they had split welting. But I'm out for the other variants. I'm just a classic glove guy, I suppose.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
If they allowed us to put the classic indented labels on a straight ST, Black, or last year's OT, I'd buy 10 of each.

On this go around, I'd buy the black and ST models in your first post if they had split welting. But I'm out for the other variants. I'm just a classic glove guy, I suppose.

This ^^^

fuzzai

Starting Player
Black over ST....no blond vote for me.

On this second round of SP125's, will the web be wider by chance?