SBFs Forum

Pylon #00

Bad Mother****er
images

WillW3

Starting Player
i'm all in favor of a new bat flip thread. we should nominate judges to score each flip this year and keep track of the standings. extra points for being called out for flipping. trophy for the winner at the end of the year

Get Ol Kent to be a judge

Dan411

Star Player
I think these forums are still the best place to get info on the latest bats out there and honest opinions on them. Plus as some others have said, it's the easiest place to buy and sell bats.

One thing that really disappoints me is the lack of updates to the Bat Reviews section on the main page. That section used to be great for getting reviews and now it's like a ghost town. Hardly any of the newer bats have been added.

This has been a little frustrating for me as well. I used to review bats I tried pretty often on that, and read them a lot too.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
This has been a little frustrating for me as well. I used to review bats I tried pretty often on that, and read them a lot too.

Part of the problem with those bat reviews is that there are a few people that don't take it seriously and write reviews as if their extended is the 2nd coming of the OG ultra

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I only recognized about 5% of the bat reviewers, and yeah everything was the bees knees. I haven't looked at in a long time though now.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I don't know if FB has actually caused a decline but I definitely think there will not be much growth on this forum because of FB. I just did my first trade via FB and it was terrifying but worked out safely.

The thing that killed this board was the banning (permaban) of people selling NIW gear that the store sells. I understand the need for it as the store needs to make money to keep the forum going, I just wish people could have followed the rules

I understand the need for the store to sell but I think it could have been handled differently. I have approached SBFs about some of my ideas and NEVER GET A RESPONSE! I have 30 plus gloves that I could post for sales on here and truly not break the rules but, since they cant answer my questions I dont do it. I also dont care to post as much and I am sure I am not alone.
As far as Joker, I laughed and moved on most of time. There was a group of glove snobs that came over from another board and I still dont like the way they act and condemn other products that are not from one of the big manufactures.I still argue with them and dont post like I used to because I dont want to hear there bull **** and no I wont shut up and take it. They all claim to be knowledgeable but turn a blind all to how there Big Corporate Manufactures put out crap and every year use cheaper materials to make there top line retail products.
The picture posting is also a big pain in the ass I dont know how that could be improved but wish they could eliminate the need for Photo posting services.
I guess the other big thing for me would be age, at 57 I am a bit lost with some of the younger mutants but try to be patient as I was one of them although it was a long time ago.

blakcherry329

I understand the need for the store to sell but I think it could have been handled differently. I have approached SBFs about some of my ideas and NEVER GET A RESPONSE! I have 30 plus gloves that I could post for sales on here and truly not break the rules but, since they cant answer my questions I dont do it. I also dont care to post as much and I am sure I am not alone.
As far as Joker, I laughed and moved on most of time. There was a group of glove snobs that came over from another board and I still dont like the way they act and condemn other products that are not from one of the big manufactures.I still argue with them and dont post like I used to because I dont want to hear there bull **** and no I wont shut up and take it. They all claim to be knowledgeable but turn a blind all to how there Big Corporate Manufactures put out crap and every year use cheaper materials to make there top line retail products.
The picture posting is also a big pain in the ass I dont know how that could be improved but wish they could eliminate the need for Photo posting services.
I guess the other big thing for me would be age, at 57 I am a bit lost with some of the younger mutants but try to be patient as I was one of them although it was a long time ago.

The whole selling update thing was handled kinda poorly, imo. It was Soup Nazi-ish. It didn't effect me, personally, cuz I don't sell too much on here anyway. But, just observing, it just seemed a little rude, imho.

People getting overly sensitive about whatever Joker said was funny to me. He was like a right of passage for the weaker newbs that couldn't handle it. lol They were culled from the herd by Joker.

The glove guys can be annoying, that's why I never even go on that page.:rolleyes:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which selling update? The no niw bats, items, or requiring name and date in pics?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he is talking about company reps, could be wrong.

I hope not. That's ridiculous if he is. The fact that reps had to be told (and multiple times at that) not to go to their company's customer and undercut them blows my mind in the first place. If people think it's soup-naziish to not want people to use your bandwidth to cut your own throat then i don't know what to say.

blakcherry329

I hope not. That's ridiculous if he is. The fact that reps had to be told (and multiple times at that) not to go to their company's customer and undercut them blows my mind in the first place. If people think it's soup-naziish to not want people to use your bandwidth to cut your own throat then i don't know what to say.

I wasn't talking about reps. That's a given. I'm not really aware of who's a rep and who isn't.

I was away from the site for a while and there was some new rules put in place when i logged back in.

It just seemed like it was a little rude, sometimes, when people would try to sell stuff, even when SBF didn't carry it. like i said, it didn't really bother me, one way or the other, but it did get a little crazy here for a bit as far as posts being deleted and stuff. just my opinion.

wcoastsoftball

I wasn't talking about reps. That's a given. I'm not really aware of who's a rep and who isn't.

I was away from the site for a while and there was some new rules put in place when i logged back in.

It just seemed like it was a little rude, sometimes, when people would try to sell stuff, even when SBF didn't carry it. like i said, it didn't really bother me, one way or the other, but it did get a little crazy here for a bit as far as posts being deleted and stuff. just my opinion.

Unfortunately, the issues with the reps selling a lot of items here was taken out on the everyday member initially.

arther itis

payin' to get paid

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1421332

sometimes when a person is told in a friendly manner that their sale/trade thread should be fixed, they still won't do it (see above)

Rdd/Easton 10

The Veteran
I have been here for about a decade...this is obviously my 2nd handle;) I remember when the open forum would have 80-100 people alone on it. This place has gone to about 1/3 of what it use to be.

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
Atleast sbf doesn't have the name that price tool like facebook. The whole I have 200 in paypal and want so and so new bat with receipt. I seen these within days of new line bats coming out. Ofcourse someone gave them the sale.

wcoastsoftball

Atleast sbf doesn't have the name that price tool like facebook. The whole I have 200 in paypal and want so and so new bat with receipt. I seen these within days of new line bats coming out. Ofcourse someone gave them the sale.

Personally I wish SBF could do raffles...I think that would help a lot. I mean, the facebook reps doing it that I see are legit and GTG, but SBF reach is more expansive.

blakcherry329

Unfortunately, the issues with the reps selling a lot of items here was taken out on the everyday member initially.

Oh ok, makes sense. That's probably what I saw going on.

I know I still rather come here to talk softball or sell stuff than FB. I trust this site a little bit more than the unwashed masses on FB.:biggthumpup:

THESHOE

Starting Player
I think part of the problem with this forums site is a few things;

1) How certain things can't be done or discussed and people get suspended are banned without warnings even due to PMs etc etc

2) When you have the likes of Joker and some others just spamming and trolling ruining all the threads and making personal attacks against some.

I realize you'll have newbs and stupid questions, but I once did too as I crossed over from my last experiences with ball were swinging lumber or 1pc alloy. So yes some will ask newb questions, but that's what a community should be about.

That's my 2 cents. Most of y'all are great to shoot the breeze with, but so many threads have gone sour with nonesense as if there aren't even mods here or too busy cracking down cause someone remotely mentions a Ltd Ed bat from another retailer... :biggthumpup:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think part of the problem with this forums site is a few things;

1) How certain things can't be done or discussed and people get suspended are banned without warnings even due to PMs etc etc

2) When you have the likes of Joker and some others just spamming and trolling ruining all the threads and making personal attacks against some.

I realize you'll have newbs and stupid questions, but I once did too as I crossed over from my last experiences with ball were swinging lumber or 1pc alloy. So yes some will ask newb questions, but that's what a community should be about.

That's my 2 cents. Most of y'all are great to shoot the breeze with, but so many threads have gone sour with nonesense as if there aren't even mods here or too busy cracking down cause someone remotely mentions a Ltd Ed bat from another retailer... :biggthumpup:
1. How much warning is appropriate? Listing the rules at the top of the forum? Having every member check a box saying they read and understood the rules to join? I can tell you some people just break the rules until you ban them, and i couldn't tell you the last time i infracted someone with no previous infractions. I'm not warning someone to not do something when they have a list of infractions.

2. Joker's been banned.