Scn 17bh or scn 18

Signguy

Rodriguez Glove Rep.
I am looking for a new bat. I love the feel of the psycho but want to try a new Easton. Both of theses get good reviews. I know the helmer is a smaller barrel. Any input from guys who have hit either or both?

snacks

idk about the scn18 but I have the 17bh and 18bh. I would say the 17bh is better, the sweetspot feels bigger than the 18 possible because of the 2 piece design taking the vibration away.

rg02

Addicted to Softballfans
if you like the psycho, depending on if you are swinging the balanced or maxload------

if maxload-----smaller sweetspot though but either the scn18bh or scn17bh depending if you like 1 or two piece bats. I would throw the scn20BW in the mix as well as a 1 piece bat. 20BW seems less endloaded though.

if balanced----scn17 or scn18. bigger sweetspot and balanced. just depends if you like 1 or 2 piece........

Signguy

Rodriguez Glove Rep.
how do they swing..I swing a 27oz supermax psycho should I get a 27 0r 28oz scn 17bh??

SigAlphAblott

Addicted to Softballfans
for the limited time that I had my scn18 before I sold it I think it could've turned out to be a great bat. Was too light for me, but I got a good feel for it. If you missed the SS it would vibrate like heck and not feel good!! in this case scn17bh. feels nice and crisp

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
SCN17BH USSSA
OMG, I’m in love. My USSSA experience is limited, but this is my favorite bat so far. The 2 piece, smaller barrel is just what I always wanted. These bats are more end loaded. The heavier ounce bat you buy, the more noticeable the end load will be. A 30oz swings like a sledge hammer for an Easton IMO. These bats take about 300 hits before it will start to surprise you. After 800 you will be in lust, and after 1,200 you will be in love! Mine is 2,500 and going, I'll add I haven't been nice to my USSSA bats either. The barrel is a little softer than traditional CNT barrels I'm used to, and the design of the bat takes all negative feedback out of the bat, meaning miss-hits still feel like you just missed it lol.

SCN18 USSSA
This is the ultimate BP bat IMO. It is stiff as a steel rod, 1 piece big barrel. The bat literally feels like a log for the first several hundred, but it will deliver good results. After you lose track of how many hundreds of hit you have on it, the bat will start to deliver the noise. I don’t figure most people have the patience to truly break in this bat. But if you needed a BP bat to become a gamer in a year or two, this is a great choice right here. Balanced swing weight.

SCN18BH USSSA
This is my favorite 1 piece USSSA stick so far. Again, lots of BP needed, but after just a few hundred cuts it will be bringing some heat. With the smaller barrel, this bat can be hard to square up one after another. If you can get into a groove and consistently hit the spot, this bat is insane. Mine developed a rattle at about 700 or so hits, it died around 3,000 hits this year in Cinci. She dropped bombs until the day she died. This is an EL stick. It is more noticeable the higher up in weight you go.

SCN19 USSSA
This bat pleasantly surprised me. Maybe it was the bigger barrel that saved me, or the fact I seem to prefer a balanced bat? Either way, this 2 piece keeps up with anything else I have. The sweet spot is huge and the bat breaks in quickly. Within 300 hits it’s already dropping panties for you. I don’t know why it never really took off on the boards, but I can assure you that people have been missing out on a great bat. I have over 1,500 swings on mine with little webbing and no rattle. This is my gamer USSSA bat until I hit the 2013 models!

SCN20BW USSSA
This is a 1 piece short barrel bat. Very similar to the SCN18BH, but a different type of composite all together. Many people have had issues with paint flaking, but durability outside of that has been solid. The new composite has a much softer feel for an Easton. Not as soft as a Combat or Demarini, but soft when compared to a SCN18BH. The end load increases as the weight of the bat increases on this model as well. (all EL Easton’s actually) I would have to give the edge to the 18BH for overall distance or pop, but the BW is definitely more forgiving IMO.

snacks

SCN17BH USSSA
OMG, I’m in love. My USSSA experience is limited, but this is my favorite bat so far. The 2 piece, smaller barrel is just what I always wanted. These bats are more end loaded. The heavier ounce bat you buy, the more noticeable the end load will be. A 30oz swings like a sledge hammer for an Easton IMO. These bats take about 300 hits before it will start to surprise you. After 800 you will be in lust, and after 1,200 you will be in love! Mine is 2,500 and going, I'll add I haven't been nice to my USSSA bats either. The barrel is a little softer than traditional CNT barrels I'm used to, and the design of the bat takes all negative feedback out of the bat, meaning miss-hits still feel like you just missed it lol.

SCN18BH USSSA
This is my favorite 1 piece USSSA stick so far. Again, lots of BP needed, but after just a few hundred cuts it will be bringing some heat. With the smaller barrel, this bat can be hard to square up one after another. If you can get into a groove and consistently hit the spot, this bat is insane. Mine developed a rattle at about 700 or so hits, it died around 3,000 hits this year in Cinci. She dropped bombs until the day she died. This is an EL stick. It is more noticeable the higher up in weight you go.

perfect review of both. I too am in love with the 17bh, actually put down my 18bh for it.

Tiny39

Addicted to Softballfans
Lucky is there any durability issues for the scn17bh with the new stamp ? or same as the ones with thr old stamps

rbarker26

Star Player
i have a 17bh, absolutely love it. I only have about 300 hits on it, but I can't wait till I can get more hits on it. I have a new, never been used scn18 if you're interested

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
just a heads up, eastons feel completely different than mikens....just so you know. you may or not like it.

Jared717

<font color="Red">Addicted to Softballfans</font>
I have a SCN20BW 28oz returnable with receipt and has new stamp if interested. PM me.