ASA scoring of runs

Wayne 33

Banned User

Score should always revert back to the last complete inning, thus the score should be 5-2. A seven inning game is generally considered complete after 5 full innings. Sometimes 4 depending on league rules.

DeputyUICHousto

Addicted to Softballfans
If you read the rule posted by NCASA you'll find the answer...but, the part pertaining to this question is at the end of the rule.

RNRPLZ

I think it was simply resolved with both rulings. Unless there is a local rules committee that pre sets league rules due to circumstances such as this. If it isn’t stated.....revert back to the rules.

DeputyUICHousto

Addicted to Softballfans
I think it was simply resolved with both rulings. Unless there is a local rules committee that pre sets league rules due to circumstances such as this. If it isn’t stated.....revert back to the rules.

I agree with you, however, this is a forum dedicated to Championship Rules. We can't possibly know all of the league rules around the country. This type of question (those dealing with local rules) can't really be answered here and those people who ask these questions should be referred back to their local league for a ruling.