Scott Kirby - Thoughts

JPG

Lefty
I am now tempted to get the asa kirby but I am not sure I want to spend 4k hits on one. Prices are looking good and I might just picking one up around the new year.

JPG

Lefty
Scott Kirby stick took another good rounds of bp with rocks and is still holding strong. Brag post: My buddies SIS easton cracks and cant hang with the durability the kirby has. I also cracked a fallen and a freak black. Kirby is by far the most durable bat I have ever swung and have owned. This thing takes a beating and can stick.

WillW3

Starting Player
Scott Kirby stick took another good rounds of bp with rocks and is still holding strong. Brag post: My buddies SIS easton cracks and cant hang with the durability the kirby has. I also cracked a fallen and a freak black. Kirby is by far the most durable bat I have ever swung and have owned. This thing takes a beating and can stick.

Are you referring the sound of the SIS, or he broke one?

JPG

Lefty
Are you referring the sound of the SIS, or he broke one?

He broke it today. We were having bat wars. My kirby vs his SIS, Seeing if he could ever out hit my kirby or catch up to it as far as break in with the new tech. It did get to the kirbys distance and all but It didnt have in durability of course. The last few hundred swings it sounded defective and weird. Some shots nice some came off like miss hits. It was weird and sounded shady.

WillW3

Starting Player
He broke it today. We were having bat wars. My kirby vs his SIS, Seeing if he could ever out hit my kirby or catch up to it as far as break in with the new tech. It did get to the kirbys distance and all but It didnt have in durability of course. The last few hundred swings it sounded defective and weird. Some shots nice some came off like miss hits. It was weird and sounded shady.

Damn, how many hits? I have 300 on mine with only 525's and bp rockets.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess my question is, how does the USSSA Kirby differ from the red L1? I have a Kirby coming, and it'll be interesting to compare them. I'm a big fan of the L1.

Night and day. Kirby has a smoother EL and a way different feel imo.

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
Yea my sis couldn't hang with the abuse like the Kirby.. To be honest I really thought the sis had a lot of potential and it was going to get nasty hot but didn't amaze me the last 30 hits was super hot but then crack...ngtg .. 1543 cuts on my sis should've never hit jpg rocks those balls were filled with cement...lol...

JPG

Lefty
Yea my sis couldn't hang with the abuse like the Kirby.. To be honest I really thought the sis had a lot of potential and it was going to get nasty hot but didn't amaze me the last 30 hits was super hot but then crack...ngtg .. 1543 cuts on my sis should've never hit jpg rocks those balls were filled with cement...lol...

HAHA, I am still amazed that my kirby has 4,000 hits and I am not talking crap ball hits. I am talking nothing but rock hits. This has got to be the most durable bat I have ever purchase and I cant complain about its pop at the moment. It should stay at this level for a long time and possibly get hotter.

For extra points it passes compression as well.

This is a steal of a stick The prices are amazing and the new stuff will not live to be like this so it could be the last insane durable stock. I am going to cry if these sticks sell for over 200 in a few months or year.

WillW3

Starting Player
Night and day. Kirby has a smoother EL and a way different feel imo.

I thought the exact opposite. I think the Kirby in 27 has a huge end load, and the L series wasn't that bad in a 27. I thought the barrel felt a little softer maybe on the L's than the Kirby also.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought the exact opposite. I think the Kirby in 27 has a huge end load, and the L series wasn't that bad in a 27. I thought the barrel felt a little softer maybe on the L's than the Kirby also.
I felt like the 2013 L1 and the Kirby had a way smoother EL than the 2014 L1. Even the L2 felt more sledgy to me.
I always felt like the L1 had a choppy endload. Too severe or something.

13 or 14 or both?

JPG

Lefty
One day I'm gonna grow enough balls, I mean muscles to swing a 30

After a 27oz they all feel the same. Man UP! I swing a 28oz wood bat for asa and now can pick up anything but get scared of striking out when I swing the light 26ers.

Ballisttic

Star Player
After a 27oz they all feel the same. Man UP! I swing a 28oz wood bat for asa and now can pick up anything but get scared of striking out when I swing the light 26ers.

I seem to recall you getting a 25oz freak 12 a while back lol.
You must be hitting the gym hard nowdays. jk :bigok:

But ya ounce or two is nothing, its all mental if you think a bat is to heavy then it is even though your body can swing it no problem at all but your mind will tell you no.

I have seen guys pick up any bat weights, EL, balance and hit bombs it didn't matter to them.

I started with 30s then went down to 27s now im back at 28s I don't think ill ever go 30 again or ever use a 26 just really no need to but who knows.

I think the biggest thing is getting tired quicker with a heavier bat but i don't know that may be mental too, just swing it all the time and you get used to the weight.

Ballisttic

Star Player
I buy eastons based on color scheme since they all need a lot of bp to break in.

I really want a white scn17bh so smexy

Ballisttic

Star Player
Got one for you :bigok:

I checked out your LTS on the scn17 and i was tempted but i can get 2 kirbys for that so i had to think about it. the kirbys go so damn cheap. However i really like the scn17 color so im torn lol.

Im not saying the price was bad on it either just im a cheap skate.

Ballisttic

Star Player
I have noticed on the asa easton versions they dont seem to open up nearly as fast as utrip ones at least thats the case with my torqs.

WillW3

Starting Player
I checked out your LTS on the scn17 and i was tempted but i can get 2 kirbys for that so i had to think about it. the kirbys go so damn cheap. However i really like the scn17 color so im torn lol.

Im not saying the price was bad on it either just im a cheap skate.

Trust me brother, I understand. I'm the same way.