Senior Bat Question

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
I joined the big 5-0 club in November and looking to play some Senior ball this summer.
I’m looking to add a senior bat to my arsenal.
I’ve been a Miken/Worth guy since the days of the OG Freak and my current Utrip gamers are:
  • 26oz OG Freak ASP
  • 26oz DC41 (white barrel/red knob)
  • 27oz OG Worth Headbanger
I’ve been hearing good things about the Dudley Lightning and Adidas Melee or should I look at the Miken JB and stick with what I know?
Any input is greatly appreciated.

THANKS!!

Mont 25

Addicted to Softballfans
The sticks you mentioned are great. It would be best for you to swing a couple of your friends bats or see if you can demo some bats to see which bat best fits your swing. You might also check out Senior Softball Bat Reviews on YouTube as well. Dave does a great job of featuring many of the senior bats out there.

Last edited:

BASH 21

Will go box on friends!
I would look into getting the Ultra Fusion Kendrick or Big Cat models since they all have the long barrels like your used to. The Ultra Fusion JB is superhot but its a 12" barrel. The Kendrick is a half ounce endload like your freak and headbanger while the Big Cat is a full load like the DC.

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
I would look into getting the Ultra Fusion Kendrick or Big Cat models since they all have the long barrels like your used to. The Ultra Fusion JB is superhot but its a 12" barrel. The Kendrick is a half ounce endload like your freak and headbanger while the Big Cat is a full load like the DC.
Thanks Bash. My Freak ASP is a 12” barrel and I love it which is why I was looking at the JB. I’m having a hard time finding any in stock anywhere. I’ll look at those other 2 models as well.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Bash. My Freak ASP is a 12” barrel and I love it which is why I was looking at the JB. I’m having a hard time finding any in stock anywhere. I’ll look at those other 2 models as well.
The JB is pretty durable if your a big swinger.

17holdmyown17

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly boss you can’t go wrong with most senior bats... with that said those adidas bats are straight fire...

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
The Johnny Bailey is pretty much impossible to find right now, I went with a 26oz Big Cat which should be the most similar to my DC41. It gets here Friday. Bombs away this weekend. LOL

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
Took some cuts on Friday with the Big Cat. It was crazy!
10 hits in and it was out performing my well broken in Utrip sticks.
Only 50 hits on it so far. BP again tomorrow.
I can’t wait to see what it’s like when it opens up.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
all Adidas sticks are pretty damn good - new suncoast bats are sick - the best mike IMO is the Miken JB 12" - but tough to find.
do yourself a favor and go to senior bat reviews and see what Dave has up - he gives an honest review of all sr bats - he's a good dude as I talk to him every year at SSUSA worlds in Las Vegas - the guy eats and sleeps sr ball and really knows his ****.

Pops34

Part Time Player
The Johnny Bailey is pretty much impossible to find right now, I went with a 26oz Big Cat which should be the most similar to my DC41. It gets here Friday. Bombs away this weekend. LOL
JBs are all over the bay right now.