September RGGCs coming in

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
So this is the same tan as the one on the builder? It's not c55 or horween right?
Don't get caught up on "C55" or "Horween" from Rawlings (it'll only disappoint you chasing the name). I like the new Horween fine but, personally, I would opt for the rich tan PP with split grey welting to keep me busy until a true incarnation happens (which may be never).

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
You check out the camel 207 with grey split and blue patches/embroidery/stitching?
yeah. i'm over camel though. looks great on a shelf but gets dirty no matter what. and for some reason, the dirt looks worse to me on camel than any other color (outside of white, though even white looks like a toasted marshmallow which ain't so bad)

Reactions: NYC

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah. i'm over camel though. looks great on a shelf but gets dirty no matter what. and for some reason, the dirt looks worse to me on camel than any other color (outside of white, though even white looks like a toasted marshmallow which ain't so bad)
Save it for games on turf.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran

I definitely see your point on camel and thought exactly the same way you do. But I swear I'm liking the look on Anna's camel Pro206 now that it has a little "character" stuck to it.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Figured I'd put up some pics of my 303 next to the 1000 SBF
2Wd3TKU.jpg

bbA9PlF.jpg

NkI8LeN.jpg

SveN86k.jpg

M1fekp4.jpg[img]

NYC

Swag on 100.

Yea, one of the reasons why I passed on the Bryant. I mean it's a beautiful glove, but looks bad in my opinion when dirty. It's weird because some of the classic blonde/camel gloves look good when dirty, I think it's because these are horween...the bottom 2 are from the SLCS
Rawlings-XPG-3-HOH-Heart-of-the-Hide-_1.jpg

n4kIjKt.jpg

images

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Yea, one of the reasons why I passed on the Bryant. I mean it's a beautiful glove, but looks bad in my opinion when dirty. It's weird because some of the classic blonde/camel gloves look good when dirty, I think it's because these are horween...the bottom 2 are from the SLCS
Rawlings-XPG-3-HOH-Heart-of-the-Hide-_1.jpg

n4kIjKt.jpg

images
top one is tan...

the dms PP 6hf was all i needed to see to know I wasnt going to be a huge camel fan. Those look SUPER new. The one i currently own is in pretty decent used shape BUT it look\s way more used than it really is.

The camel SLCS single post that sold on ebay a few mo back looked pretty rough at purchase and i cant remember if any of the refurb pics made it up here or were just on IG but that looked great and like a whole different glove once cleaned!

Sorry - carry on lol

Last edited:

DatDuke

top one is tan...

the dms PP 6hf was all i needed to see to know I wasnt going to be a huge camel fan. Those look SUPER new. The one i currently own is in pretty decent used shape BUT it look\s way more used than it really is.

The camel SLCS single post that sold on ebay a few mo back looked pretty rough at purchase and i cant remember if any of the refurd pics made it up here or were just on IG but that looked great and like a whole different glove once cleaned!

Sorry - carry on lol

Yes 20160712_005148.jpg you can comment on my Camel SLCS as well. Nick named The "UGLY BLONDIE".

NYC

Swag on 100.
top one is tan...

The camel SLCS single post that sold on ebay a few mo back looked pretty rough at purchase and i cant remember if any of the refurb pics made it up here or were just on IG but that looked great and like a whole different glove once cleaned!

Sorry - carry on lol
Yes View attachment 39957 you can comment on my Camel SLCS as well. Nick named The "UGLY BLONDIE".

Rawlings-XPG-3-HOH-Heart-of-the-Hide.jpg

7f0f8840c1244a41673208394ad129d1--baseball-gloves.jpg

How about these mac ?

And duke your glove looks way better than some of the dirty Bryant's I've seen. I'm positive they have blonde horween many years back that aged way better than some of these Bryant's, could be the kip.

DatDuke

The Horween on the Ugly Blondie SLCS is so dry, its almost Jerky like. But its very thick.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Rawlings-XPG-3-HOH-Heart-of-the-Hide.jpg

7f0f8840c1244a41673208394ad129d1--baseball-gloves.jpg

How about these mac ?

And duke your glove looks way better than some of the dirty Bryant's I've seen. I'm positive they have blonde horween many years back that aged way better than some of these Bryant's, could be the kip.
still tan imo, and im not sure ive heard of a 'blonde horween'
There are just different hues of tan. Take a look at my 93 6hf compared to my 98 6hf compared to my slcs spt compared to my RV. 4 TOTALLY different shades of horween tan

NYC

Swag on 100.
still tan imo, and im not sure ive heard of a 'blonde horween'
There are just different hues of tan. Take a look at my 93 6hf compared to my 98 6hf compared to my slcs spt compared to my RV. 4 TOTALLY different shades of horween tan

Your collection puts mine to shame. One day I hope to get a pro dept. rv23. For now, my DM will have to do.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Your collection puts mine to shame. One day I hope to get a pro dept. rv23. For now, my DM will have to do.
Thanks, but I'm not someone who can afford some crazy big collection. Although its what I like (why its built how it is) its nothing special and so many of the collections guys have here puts it to shame.
I just had fun trying out different things until I found what I liked and then collected it.
Sadly, I hit a wall at somepoint BUT i just actually made a trade to spice things up a bit lol.
SPTB went out bc I wanted to try the XPG3.
I'm not a fan of I webs, but this one plays different than current ones and IMO looks cooler.
The XPG6 was not something that I could get into and didnt seem like it could ever be anything more than a pitching glove.
The XPG3 however is actually pretty cool. The WT, Flex o' matic palm and old school stamping make it pretty unique
If you can get past the DMS shape, this was a great reminder to me how fantastic this line was. I'm happy they made two of my favorite patterns in this leather/make with the RV and 6HF.
As far as Pro Dept RVs, for the 3 I've owned they are a total mixed bag. Big/Small, large handstall, tight... makes it tough.
If you REALLY want something unique, I'd take a tan and black RV.
Web swap them, and then lace the black with tan and tan with black and you have a unique color way.
Its also a benefit because you know what you are getting. Pro Depts seem to be all over the place.