September RGGCs coming in

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Beautiful glove Mac, great pics! What's the possibility of a pic with a ball in the pocket??
Thanks! i dont think i actually own a softball so that cant happen unless i find one - but ill take a look later tonight.
fwiw, heres a baseball...

in searching for reviews from back when it was released, I think it got a bad rap here bc of it having a shallow pocket.
Its difficult to put into words, but imo it seems like itll have a deep pocket BUT at the TOP of the web rather than the middle and lower.
The deep part is just about the XX lacing....it almost feels like a half pocket in that regard.
After beating on it all day yesterday (VERY frustrating day as a Bills fan) and taking my anger out on the glove i hardly made a dent.
When the glove is actually broken in it could be totally different. Just at this point, thats how it plays

Reactions: NYC

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
When I originally traded for it, the whole idea was to do it to swap a Rawlings single post web on it.
The one thing i wish was different with this line is the 6hf was the only single post... but thats fast back.
I'd love this make, with a wing tip open back and a single post.
6xtc is the mod trap.. so wwaayy too many holes.
I cant think of another that would even come close.
Sadly for me, The web is too high in the pocket i think. This would prob throw the holes off and i dont love the modified single posts with a low cross. I cant imagine punching a hole would work very well either

NYC

Swag on 100.
Thanks! i dont think i actually own a softball so that cant happen unless i find one - but ill take a look later tonight.
fwiw, heres a baseball...

in searching for reviews from back when it was released, I think it got a bad rap here bc of it having a shallow pocket.
Its difficult to put into words, but imo it seems like itll have a deep pocket BUT at the TOP of the web rather than the middle and lower.
The deep part is just about the XX lacing....it almost feels like a half pocket in that regard.
After beating on it all day yesterday (VERY frustrating day as a Bills fan) and taking my anger out on the glove i hardly made a dent.
When the glove is actually broken in it could be totally different. Just at this point, thats how it plays

People said the tt2 has a shallow pocket, with enough pounding I got it nice and deep. I actually prefer a shallow pocket to start with because I can pound it to my liking. Great Mantle glove.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
People said the tt2 has a shallow pocket, with enough pounding I got it nice and deep. I actually prefer a shallow pocket to start with because I can pound it to my liking. Great Mantle glove.
I always looked at the XPG6 as a mantle
51s7KQvmlIL__59018.1431535881.1280.1280.jpg

Oddly, this shows as being IN STOCK and $299.99
Maybe they found some old stock? pretty neat!

***edit****

i called- its odd bc there are 2 different versions on the site for sale.
The 'good stuff' one is 299.99, while the 'new' version is 279.99.

odd. IMO well worth the extra $20

Last edited:

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
I'd never noticed this before either.
Pretty cool colorway.
If it really comes with no stamping, thats pretty neat!!
PRO204-20T-1__55548.1507564525.1280.1280.jpg

*** Edit*** stamping is actually there... just the gold doesn't show up.

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
I always looked at the XPG6 as a mantle
51s7KQvmlIL__59018.1431535881.1280.1280.jpg

Oddly, this shows as being IN STOCK and $299.99
Maybe they found some old stock? pretty neat!

***edit****

i called- its odd bc there are 2 different versions on the site for sale.
The 'good stuff' one is 299.99, while the 'new' version is 279.99.

odd. IMO well worth the extra $20

I wouldn't be surprised that he had some gems lying in the stock room somewhere.

MaverickAH

I wouldn't be surprised that he had some gems lying in the stock room somewhere.

I strongly suspect that it's the last one in stock & that it has a flaw or flaws. Maybe a finger crotch tear or two. The reason I suspect this is because it'll be in stock, then go out of stock for a week or two, only to go back in stock. It sounds like it's being bought & returned. I think that the on-line photo is just a stock photo & not of the actual glove.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
I strongly suspect that it's the last one in stock & that it has a flaw or flaws. Maybe a finger crotch tear or two. The reason I suspect this is because it'll be in stock, then go out of stock for a week or two, only to go back in stock. It sounds like it's being bought & returned. I think that the on-line photo is just a stock photo & not of the actual glove.
as i mentioned i called to inquire bc i was curious. Confirmed 2 diff versions and said he had multiple. I asked about the crotch as well and said it was clean. I should have inquired your theory bc it was the 1st thing i thought as well but didnt want to waste his time w/a glove i had no intention of buying. I also feel like its totally possible there wasnt a clear understanding of the 2 diff versions....
I remember a yr and a half or 2 yrs ago calling bc someone mentioned sometimes they had old releases not on the site or ebay and he mentioned he had a box of the xpg6 that had been returned but he couldnt see what the issue was and they didnt have any splitting. the next week they listed them and then sold out. Confusing.
Ive had conversations with people asking if we ever have any 'warehouse finds'. The company I work for is prob bigger than dms and I cant see how it happens. Sure, once in a while ya lose a box of this or that, but it always pops up at inventory 6 months later. Is it possible to stumble upon old product? sure. But its have to be like SUPER hidden, or even something someone went out of their way to hide.Its fun to day dream about, but (at least w/us) now days it pretty unlikely.
I always think its funny when a small mom and pop shop has a warehouse find. esp when its a super small shop! like where did it go???
Back when i was in school I worked at toys r us part time. It was funny to find old stuff pop up that people hid by pulling out the bottom of the shelves. Or tossing Mcfarlanes up on top on asiles where we didnt stock stuff and they must not have had the means to get them back down.
Anyway////
I see the 6XBC are still in stock. Are they the last of this line that are reg instock now the 6xtc are gone?

Last edited:

johnnySoftball3

Yea, one of the reasons why I passed on the Bryant. I mean it's a beautiful glove, but looks bad in my opinion when dirty. It's weird because some of the classic blonde/camel gloves look good when dirty, I think it's because these are horween...the bottom 2 are from the SLCS
Rawlings-XPG-3-HOH-Heart-of-the-Hide-_1.jpg

n4kIjKt.jpg

images
That second glove is my pro 1000 h slcs and i just got it cleaned it looks good little dirty. But if you don't take care of your blonde gloves they will look crappy!

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
So you confirm it's a blonde glove?

soda=pop
same idea here
Johns SLCS is beautiful no doubt, colorwise, from the slcs thread on GW it looks like this was one of the leather choices
If he ordered it himself he can prob even say what exactly he ordered!

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Timberglaze 303 ctb?
Sandlot. Timber is nice and all but I always choose sandlot between them.
This is one good looking glove. Even more, the color way is great!!!
Good stuff!
Thanks. A sandlot trapeze was always on my radar. It's about 1/4"-1/2" longer than what I prefer but it'll do (I'll see how short I can get it as I curl and form the index and middle fingers). I only wish these didn't have the mid-finger lacing (but that's not a deal breaker either).

bigmac25

Extra Hitter

Thanks. A sandlot trapeze was always on my radar. It's about 1/4"-1/2" longer than what I prefer but it'll do (I'll see how short I can get it as I curl and form the index and middle fingers). I only wish these didn't have the mid-finger lacing (but that's not a deal breaker either).

Very nice. Once Jay (@picklethebeast417) shows off his summit glove I think you will dig it. You guys seem to have similar taste.
Did you like the USA 12tc?
I wondered if that was someone's favorite pattern USA wise, how much of an adjustment the new shape was/is. That seems like total opposites, bowl trapeze to longish funnel shape.

NYC

Swag on 100.

Nice, I just got a custom pro3028 and its 12.5 and has no middle finger lacing just how I like it. Took me a while to decide on a pattern but this one had everything I wanted.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice, I just got a custom pro3028 and its 12.5 and has no middle finger lacing just how I like it. Took me a while to decide on a pattern but this one had everything I wanted.
Did you post pics somewhere? Love my 302's. :)

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I see on the 303 now you have 2 different choices of trim! Either the standard wrist and thumb/pinky or wrist thumb and ring finger. Did up some pretty cool combinations. Too bad you couldn't just do the finger strip, but that seems to be a Wilson/44pro thing lol.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't have a couple weeks if I want it as a Christmas present!.

Please be an NP7 or Tan Horween!
I was told they had a delay in the factory and tomorrow is the holiday deadline. So go order whatever it was you were going to order!