ShannonStrong Benefit Tournament at HSP

Jordan9215

Star Player
Guys, we're doing a fundraiser tournament for Shannon Austin on May 17th at Houston Sportsplex. As many of you know Shannon was playing Sat the 5th, while standing on 3rd base he was hit in the temple by a line drive. He was taken to Memorial Herman hospital and was put in a medically induced coma. We are trying to raise money to help him and his family out. If your team isnt playing on May 17th please come join us in support of our brother. If you have any questions please ask, the flyer is below. USSSA points will be awarded. Lonestar will be updated with all the info soon.

Jordan

Last edited:

Jordan9215

Star Player
Bump for more looks.

Guys, get your teams signed up. This tournament is for a great cause, and it has better prizes than any lonestar tournament!

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
May try to pick up for this one if I am not working...Good stuff here guys. Hope you have a great turn out!!!

Jordan9215

Star Player
:confused:

How is Shannon doing?

Shannon is awake. He can move his arms and legs, he is coherent. He's going to have to press on with therapy for speech as well as mobility. He still has a long way to go to recovery, but he has come very very far.

Last Thursday several people from Too Live and Lights Out went to the hospital to give Shannon and his wife a check from the HSP tournament. We gave him $10,000 from entry fees alone. Words can't express how happy he was. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. We had 50 teams come out and support Shannon. I cannot tell you guys how much that meant to all of us (let alone him and his family). The amount of support was amazing. I/ we can't thank everyone enough for all that they have done.

Hendo9

Softball Junkie
Shannon is awake. He can move his arms and legs, he is coherent. He's going to have to press on with therapy for speech as well as mobility. He still has a long way to go to recovery, but he has come very very far.

Last Thursday several people from Too Live and Lights Out went to the hospital to give Shannon and his wife a check from the HSP tournament. We gave him $10,000 from entry fees alone. Words can't express how happy he was. There wasn't a dry eye in the room. We had 50 teams come out and support Shannon. I cannot tell you guys how much that meant to all of us (let alone him and his family). The amount of support was amazing. I/ we can't thank everyone enough for all that they have done.

^^^^^^^ Thats some damn good stuff right there ladies and gentlesticks! :bigok: for you for makin this happen!