Shaved bats in your rec league

Gatorbait08

Addicted to Softballfans
This is our first season in D/C league and it seems as though everyone uses illegal bats. If you're a good hitter than why use them? I bet most in our league uses them and its just ridiculous. I can't wait till next year for the new bat rule to get rid of all this cheating.

Gatorbait08

Addicted to Softballfans
No, not living in no bubble. Just find it kinda gay that these douche bags think they are all badass cause they hit a home run over a 300 ft fence with a shaved bat. ***

Last edited by a moderator:

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
I can't wait till next year for the new bat rule to get rid of all this cheating.

I asked the magic 8 ball if cheaters were still going to cheat in 2013 and beyond

images-1.jpg
...magic 8 ball never lies

Nacirema85

Addicted to Softballfans
I asked the magic 8 ball if cheaters were still going to cheat in 2013 and beyond

images-1.jpg
...magic 8 ball never lies

Agreed... why would the 8 ball lie? It has no motive to do so.

Also, how do you know they were shaved? You walk up and find some specs of composite slipping out? He bust out a dremel tool on the field?

I follow the logic though. I'm just a line drive hitter, could never clear a fence, but anyone who does is definitely cheating.

Gatorbait08

Addicted to Softballfans
Naw, I'm not mad. Just think its kind of ridiculous that people need to shave these already hot bats but whatever. I guess most people here don't play legal. Probably should get my whole team to shave their bats to even the playing field.

12th Man

OG COMbatant
I don't know who's more ridiculous? Bat shavers or people who make threads about them on the internet.

I remember my first softball game.

Gatorbait08

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know who's more ridiculous? Bat shavers or people who make threads about them on the internet.

I remember my first softball game.

Well since this is a softball forum, don't think its to ridiculous compared to all the, what color batting gloves should I get threads.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Have you considered that they may just be better than you?

Using a cut stick as your league gamer just seems expensive to me....

gbombs

Currently on the DL
You know what Im starting to think... People who make these threads are people jealous of other people who did a better job shaving their bats... :D

Seems every time I click in this section, theres a thread about shaving bats and someone getting mad.. ijs imho so gtfo and ead.

Gatorbait08

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry, didn't mean to offend the shavers on this site. So just answer this and I will shut up, why? Why use shaved bats in rec league? Why use shaved bats in Co ed?

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
Bottom line is, a lot of people in here share your frustration with douchnozzles that swing glass but this is the 9000000000th thread about it. You are better off spending your time posting and searching in an attempt to learn all the ways to expose the cheaters and their shaved bats, guys around here will likely help you with that rather than flame you. Posting threads whining about how the douches in your rec league swing glass gets absolutely nothing done. 2 options,,, do something about it or stop whining about it.

I caught a team swinging glass in my league last year and instead of bitching about it, I came on here, asked how to expose a specific bat, lots of guys helped me out and the next week the team was fined and stripped of all of their wins, points and league tournament winnings.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Eh, it's a slowpitch board, complaints about shaved bats are bound to happen. We've all been irritated by 'em at one point or another if we've played long enough.

I do get the impression, though, that OP may just be mistaking players being better for having cut bats.

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry, didn't mean to offend the shavers on this site. So just answer this and I will shut up, why? Why use shaved bats in rec league? Why use shaved bats in Co ed?

Why would you apologize for offending guys that swing glass? Dont apologize for that, call them for what they are, losers cheating at a recreational sport.

And why do guys cheat at rec league? Because its easier to buy a shaved bat than it is to get in shape or learn how to swing properly.

Fishstick5

Addicted to Softballfans
I am still curious how you know their bats were shaved?

Were they all swinging one bat when there were plenty of options?

thaynes

*****, you mad.
This

Have you considered that they may just be better than you?

Using a cut stick as your league gamer just seems expensive to me....
Most definately this
To get an advantage, what else :confused:
Do I even have to say it? No and neither should he
Eh, it's a slowpitch board, complaints about shaved bats are bound to happen. We've all been irritated by 'em at one point or another if we've played long enough.

I do get the impression, though, that OP may just be mistaking players being better for having cut bats.
Part 1: let us flame bru :mad: part 2: Troof
if you're good, you swing glass.

flawless logic. and something i'd back up in court.
This as well, he seems to have a lot of good points
I am still curious how you know their bats were shaved?

Were they all swinging one bat when there were plenty of options?
Because they hit harder than him