Shipping items BLOW these days...

lovejones5243

Mr. Judy
Just to let off some steam...this is crazy...so I sold a putter to a member on here....great guy and acourse not his fault just the crazy prices these days. So I sent the item UPS and the total was 21.00 bucks!

shipping 13 bucks...ok not too bad
fuel surcharge 1.47....ok whatever
living surcharge 5.95....what the he**???

no wonder why people want a lot for a bat, heck to ship it will be 20 bucks

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
I just shipped a pair of turfs via usps. Priority was 19 or some crazy ****. I sent it the step below priority and that was still $15 bucks.

crdizzle6288

Addicted to Softballfans
usps blows ****... there are so many people on here who lose bats all the time or other packages. Just ship UPS or Fed Ex and have it insured. If I can give any advice, try to find someone who has a UPS or Fed Ex account through work and use them I ship everything from work and a normal shipment is $20 or more but we get a business discount. a bat costs me $12-$15 tops insured with tracking/ i have never had a problem with a lost item or damage ever.

Trung1130

FREE AGENT FOR LIFE
usps blows ****... there are so many people on here who lose bats all the time or other packages. Just ship UPS or Fed Ex and have it insured. If I can give any advice, try to find someone who has a UPS or Fed Ex account through work and use them I ship everything from work and a normal shipment is $20 or more but we get a business discount. a bat costs me $12-$15 tops insured with tracking/ i have never had a problem with a lost item or damage ever.

Theyre all the same when it comes to shipping. You'll $1-3 shipping USPS Priority but when ship heavier items they all are within 1 of each other.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal

Everyone's mileage will vary.

I've done probably over 150 deals on here, and every time I've had to ship something I"ve used USPS. I've never had a single problem.

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
never had a problem using usps. only time i use fed ex is if i'v promised shipping and i can't make it to the post office. yes, regardless of how important shipping a bat is **** happens. so i use fedex and always end up paying significantly more.

ATL Rookie

Manager
Just got a Wanted from the store. Damaged in transit by UPS. I always ship USPS Priority and it costs about $13-16 depending on insurance.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I print at home online for USPS and it's not significantly cheaper than UPS or Fed Ex. Are you guys having them package and box it? Not paying attention to where you're shipping it to? That effects price a great deal. USPS is my choice down here because they're open until 6:30, but Fed Ex was my shipper of choice before.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got a Wanted from the store. Damaged in transit by UPS. I always ship USPS Priority and it costs about $13-16 depending on insurance.

From a business standpoint, UPS and Fed Ex are way better than USPS. If you have a shipping problem like this you can usually just call and get it handled. USPS you will probably have to send someone down to wait in line at the PO.

frigginnuttz

Rally Killer
To ship a $70 insured bat from Cleveland to Vegas today cost me $17.70 USPS in a priority box.... It is getting expensive & it sucks cause USPS is still the best

cruzn_51

Why so Serious?
It cost me 10.74 with DC priority to Worth in MN from New Mexico using USPS I dont think that is bad at all

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
I don't ship many items. When I do, I always insure for twice the amount of the item. In the event something is lost/damaged, how complicated is the dispute process? Will I eventually get my money?

Joker

you'll get back what its worth, you have to provide proof of value. they won't just cut you a check for $300 on a $100 bat

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
UPS sucks. So bloody s l o w. I mean USPS priority costs less then ups ground and you get it in two days instead a week or more. I hate ups......

crdizzle6288

Addicted to Softballfans
Pretty soon there wont be any more USPS

But USPS is the best...? There is a reason they won't be around much longer. I guess to each their own. Maybe in my area they just suck or just have bad luck. Their prices will only keep going up. We use them at work for mail and priority and we've had a few price increases in the last 6 months. Gonna keep going up since they r in financial trouble obviously

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
USPS is the best for bats, but Fedex usually beats it for heavier stuff (now, I don't think that was the case in years past). Gas prices have driven prices up on all three. If USPS stops shipping packages, I could see UPS and FedEx go even higher... because why not? I'm convinced USPS keeps them in check.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
It's cause you pay premium to live in a nice, low crime, well run country. Unlike us fools here in USA.....

yeah but, even going canada to canada 20bux is close to the min i've paid to ship a bat. i think i've paid anywhere from about 18 to 27bux to ship within canada

i just figured 20bux was about the average cost of shipping a bat. could be as cheap as 15 if you cut out all the extras, and as much as 30-35 if it's international with extra insurance and a bit of a rush

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
USPS is the best for bats, but Fedex usually beats it for heavier stuff (now, I don't think that was the case in years past). Gas prices have driven prices up on all three. If USPS stops shipping packages, I could see UPS and FedEx go even higher... because why not? I'm convinced USPS keeps them in check.

definitely true internationally! ups still charges brokerage on delivery. it's not often a huge deal when buying a bat, but when i order stuff from online stores it can be a huge factor. i'm not sure on fedex, but DHL is also an issue. it definitely sucks when there's a 40dollar tax and brokerage charge waiting for you on delivery of a 160dollar bat.