Sholder Pain

anthony5910

Addicted to SBF
I have had problems that last couple day with my shoulder hurting. I was wondering if there were any stretches or way to loosen it up more that just throwing before the game.

Last edited:

Low_Balls

Get Arnica gel and pills and take them. Also, stretch the best way you know how. Look up Arnica online. It is safe, natural, and amazing.

Altitude

Addicted to Softballfans
No pills or gels are going to do anything other than good 'ol ibuprofen. Rest the shoulder, ice it and hit the ibuprofen for a few days, that should alleviate the pain. Anyone trying to promote healing via a gel that is rubbed into your skin should immediately be disregarded.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
Yeah, because pills are the best thing to prescribe a guy who might have a tear or a strain.

****ing morons.

DSNuts48

Badass
Best answer is to go get it checked out before you do any long term damage - if there isn't any yet- and let them refer you a solution.

JPritch

Addicted to Softballfans
If the pain persists, def get it checked out.

You might also want to look into mobility exercises. Eric Cressey is big on shoulder health and performance, so you might want to check out some of his stuff for prevention. Since doing his mobility exercises, the range of motion in my shoulders has improved dramatically, and though I never had any chronic shoulder pain, I did experience bouts here and there, but have had none since beginning the drills.

strokers51

The Veteran
What DSNuts48 said. You have to get it looked at professionally. No one on this board can tell you how to fix your shoulder by the symptoms you described. "Shoulder hurting" is as vague as it gets. Only you know how it feels. If it hurts because it's sore rest it, it may be fatigued. If it feels like it's internal go get it checked out. People can recommend exercises and stretches until they are blue in the face but no one can see your range of motion and no one has x-ray vision to see inside your shoulder.

Do stretches and exercises at your own risk but it could do more harm than good until you know what is wrong. Good luck.

wcoastsoftball

Check out Eric Cresseys blogs for things you can do for your shoulder. He is a great baseball guy and comes up with awesome stuff. Been following him for awhile now and got hooked up with Show and Go. Added some other things to my baseball players programs that have helped tremendously.

JPritch

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm doing Show and Go once I finish Maximum Strength. Just nailed a new PB bench press this past Sunday, and the funny thing is there was no heavy benching done so far, just alot of lightweight benching for speed, and a bunch of supporting exercises. Can't wait to see how much my squat and deadlift have gone up which I test at the end of the program. The foam rolling and mobility drills are doing wonders as well.

jallen27

Addicted to Softballfans
doc visit

if the pain is coming from an actual acute injury then there probably is a need to see the doc as soon as you can. the programs mentioned earlier are good and will help with the shoulder. the biggest misconception in my opinion is people think that "throwing" before a game is enough. the arm (which is intended for continuous overhead motion) needs to be prepared for the demands of throwing. it needs to be "warmed up" in order to throw and then through a throwing progression.
oh, and there are gels out there that do work. Voltaren gel is a prime example as is the new Tylenol topical gel/ointment. they are nsaid/pain relievers that target the exact area as opposed to having to go through your blood stream. they are good stuff.