Shrek Catty

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Is still the BEST LS sp softball bat ever produced. It was made in USA, and ultra durable, hits all balls well in all weather and temps, and beats the HELL out of the garbage china made LS of today. I really hate that LS sold out to cheap china ways. That is all. Carry on......

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
fact.....just wish I would have hung onto a 27oz as well as my 28

I am down to a mere 27, (had 3 others at one point) but then I decided one is all a person really needs. I would never go through 4 Cattys in my lifetime.
I wont ever get rid of this 27 though! :cool:

dgambill85

Banned User
Are the new ones on SBF the same as the old ones because I need a 26oz. My buddy pulls this out when he's in a slump and hits pissiles and bombs with it. He says that he's got roughly 10,000 swings on it and it was the team bat for 7 years and I believe him. The thing is stupid hot. I will say the 2012 Z1000 is doing me well but nothing beats made in the USA

jessie

Real solution #11
I am down to a mere 27, (had 3 others at one point) but then I decided one is all a person really needs. I would never go through 4 Cattys in my lifetime.
I wont ever get rid of this 27 though! :cool:

I hear you bro, my 28oz will never depart in one piece

kidcatty

"Life's a garden..Dig it"
U know I love these threads because its the same dudes that understand and "get" the og cattys, they're def a top bat overall.

rawlinsj

Hesse #9
i've got a 26oz shrek that's well broken in but it never comes out of the bag now that i have a 2012 balanced z-1000. the catty is definitely a top bat but i prefer the z-1000's. i will say nothing but possibly a synergy2 comes close to lasting like a catty does. i'm really starting to become a louisville fan, love the reaction the z gets when people hear it for the first time. lol

Sixes

K C C O
i recently aquired an ASA cat again, never should have sold my 1st one.

loves me some catty's

second2noone

I wish I could have the time to break mine in to see what they can really do. How does a real broken in shrek catty compare to the top ASA bats?

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
so, you catty afficianados, how does the EL red catty hit?

Im curious about these also, but they are new Cattys, which unfortunately means made in china. I stick with the older yellow utrip, Jap, or ASA green Cattys that are USA made and much better quality.

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
OMG. A truly broken in Catty is the hottest damn thing you could imagine! Insane.

Yes...I got about another 500 hits for my Jap Catty to be really on fire...its nice now but that extra 500 will mature it perfectly...I should get that in about 2 weeks :)

I bought two of em off Kid Catty and love them dearly, can't wait for them to finally break in.

Your patience will be rewarded

cmo27

Local Celebrity

Hits well like a broken in Utrip Catty, until it breaks that is.. Have seen 2 go down in flames in the last few weeks.. Before breaking, they were nice though.. Durability on the RI Catty's is lacking :mad:

AzWildcat45

Addicted to Softballfans
Love my cattys. My 26 has a about 4 zipper lines and that thing is hot. My 28 has a ways to go. I just need a 27 oz lol.

Last edited:

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
Hits well like a broken in Utrip Catty, until it breaks that is.. Have seen 2 go down in flames in the last few weeks.. Before breaking, they were nice though.. Durability on the RI Catty's is lacking :mad:

Yeah because they are china made crap. It is so sad to see good companies sell out to cheap china......

nextlevel

Im curious about these also, but they are new Cattys, which unfortunately means made in china. I stick with the older yellow utrip, Jap, or ASA green Cattys that are USA made and much better quality.

Will let you know as soon as I get a chance to hit mine. I only carry 2 bats a utrip and an ASA catty but I got a good deal on a red one so I thought I would give it a try.

jessie

Real solution #11

this makes me sad, really wanted to try the EL catty

Zipperking

WTP all day
even though Demarini runs through my blood, I absolutely love my catty. It's just starting to open up and it hits screaming line drives to the fence. I can't believe i waited so long to finally try one. The only thing is, now i struggle to buy bats because i know the catty will always be around and probably outlast my playing days.

izy1027

Star Player
I bought a shrek catty off of a board member here and I love it. It looks like it has around 1000 hits on it. There is however one problem, the end cap is separating. When I got it after every few hits the end cap would come out about a quarter inch, but just on one side. I have tried epoxy and a bunch of different glues but none keep it in place. I even tried to remove it all the way to place a better amount of glue in, currently all I can do is stick in a small amount with a tooth pick on the separated side. What should I do? I would like to remove it completely and use the marine adhesive but half of it just won't come out.

tripp

Support SBF
love my 27oz shrek. my three asa bats are 27oz shrek, 27oz nrg500, and 26oz rush98.

I am thinking of unloading one but have no clue what to let go of. It seems like all three will last forever.

I don't know the number of hits but it appears to have a few on it. And yes - I play on fields without rocks on them.

catty1.JPG

catty2.JPG

catty3.JPG

Last edited:

second2noone

love my 27oz shrek. my three asa bats are 27oz shrek, 27oz nrg500, and 26oz rush98.

I am thinking of unloading one but have no clue what to let go of. It seems like all three will last forever.

I don't know the number of hits but it appears to have a few on it. And yes - I play on fields without rocks on them.

catty1.JPG

catty2.JPG

catty3.JPG

I get all excited seeing a catty this hot. Would you say a broken in catty hits as far as a broken in voltage?

nickshawn

Addicted to Softballfans
Picked mine up in batting practice before the season and haven't put it down since. Bought it to make it a team bat but it's now the only one I swing....