SI joint problems and what handed batter are you?

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
If you have had SI joint problems, can you tell me:

(1) Which SI joint (left or right) has given you problems? If both, which has given you the most problems?

(2) What handed batter are you?

(3) Do you have a job (or whatever) that requires you to sit a substantial amount of your day?

I have a thought brewing but need more data.

Last edited:

The Vapors

Addicted to Softballfans
Without visiting a doctor, how does one know if they have an SI joint problem?

I've been having more low back, butt and hamstring pain lately, but I just thought it might be my sciatic nerve or arthritis. Years ago I had an x-ray and they noticed some bone spurs on my vertebra (lumbar).

Also I'm right hand dominate in sports (lefthanded everything else, writing/eating etc.) My right side is the side with problems.

Hitmeharder

The Veteran
This just happened to me this week. It is slowly getting better with multiple visits to Chiro. I was told it was the syadic nerve. Most of the pain I have is in my left calf. A good amount of pain to the left side hamstring and up to just below my rear end. I bat right handed, have a swing that really torques my upper body. I eat and write with my left hand, but everyrthing else is right handed.

I have had this pain for a few months but recently I had major spasms in my calf that dropped me. Had to be laying down and couldn't put pressure on the left leg without pain.

Dr gave me Traumeel for joint pain and it seems to be helping. Sporting a compression sleeve on the calf and a belt support for the lower back. Very painful experience, if anyone has tips for quick recovery please share. I'm missing this weekends tourney and probably a few more coming up.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Without visiting a doctor, how does one know if they have an SI joint problem?

I've been having more low back, butt and hamstring pain lately, but I just thought it might be my sciatic nerve or arthritis. Years ago I had an x-ray and they noticed some bone spurs on my vertebra (lumbar).

Also I'm right hand dominate in sports (lefthanded everything else, writing/eating etc.) My right side is the side with problems.

I'm not sure you can do it on your own. The least sophisticated way is to lay flat and have someone check the length of your legs to see how equal they are.

Otherwise, I might just try some SI joint self-adjustment stuff and see if it provides any relief. There's one on Youtube that seems to work better for me than anything else. I'll link it when I get home (cant Youtube at work right now).