Slacker Rant

Breedawg69

Extra Hitter
It seems like every year we have a guy that is just lazy as ****! Last year it was our right fielder. He had a decent arm, but anything that was hit passed him was a slow jog to go get, resulting in extra bases. I celebrated when he said he wouldn't be back!
We picked up a couple of new guys for this year, and now it's the third baseman. I play left center, and I'm back in the dugout WAY before he is after every inning. If the ball is hit more than 2 feet to either side of him it's through because apparently it's too much effort to f'ing bend over! These guys are always the first to say "let's just call it" when it's raining too.
No real point to the post. I get that this is just softball but move your ass a little!

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
These are usually the same guys that like to bat cleanup (or close to it), and ***** when they only get a couple of AB's a game - they're really only there to hit. My suggestion to them would be to find some batting cages with a slowpitch machine, and stay there.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
That or they are in a position they really don't want to play, and that's their way of "rebelling" for not getting to play where they want.....

Breedawg69

Extra Hitter
I'd cut him but it's not up to me. It's just annoying! I don't get why guys take the time and pay the money when it doesn't seem like they even want to be there.

SenordrummeR2

Part Time Player
At least he showed up. My coed team had to take an automatic out last night because one of our players on the roster didn't show up. I could've removed him and just played short, but he didn't tell me until after I had submitted the roster and the ump called for us to send out our first batter. His excuse for not showing: he had just started a game of DOTA (some online video game), and if he quit he would get banned for a week. Looks like he's getting banned from the team! Sad thing is he's my brother. Lazy sack of...

Breedawg69

Extra Hitter
At least he showed up. My coed team had to take an automatic out last night because one of our players on the roster didn't show up. I could've removed him and just played short, but he didn't tell me until after I had submitted the roster and the ump called for us to send out our first batter. His excuse for not showing: he had just started a game of DOTA (some online video game), and if he quit he would get banned for a week. Looks like he's getting banned from the team! Sad thing is he's my brother. Lazy sack of...

True enough! Both piss me off!!

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
It seems like every year we have a guy that is just lazy as ****! Last year it was our right fielder. He had a decent arm, but anything that was hit passed him was a slow jog to go get, resulting in extra bases. I celebrated when he said he wouldn't be back!
We picked up a couple of new guys for this year, and now it's the third baseman. I play left center, and I'm back in the dugout WAY before he is after every inning. If the ball is hit more than 2 feet to either side of him it's through because apparently it's too much effort to f'ing bend over! These guys are always the first to say "let's just call it" when it's raining too.
No real point to the post. I get that this is just softball but move your ass a little!

If it's just rec ball.. bring it down a notch.

Breedawg69

Extra Hitter
If it's just rec ball.. bring it down a notch.

That's a bull**** answer man. I don't care what level you are playing at it is disrespectful to both teams to halfass every play and slowly walk out to the field between innings or walk to go get a foul ball so both teams have to wait on you all the time.

J12

Coach
You gotta get those guys off the team early in the season and replace them

I didn't even know people still played DOTA. holy ****.. brothers :(

PHX5054

Addicted to Softballfans
That's a bull**** answer man. I don't care what level you are playing at it is disrespectful to both teams to halfass every play and slowly walk out to the field between innings or walk to go get a foul ball so both teams have to wait on you all the time.

Are you a chick?

lineshot

Banned User
These type of guys bounce around from team to team cause no one wants them for that same reason. If you don't want to tell him he's cut just find another guy to play his position and start batting him last until he quits.

J12

Coach
These type of guys bounce around from team to team cause no one wants them for that same reason. If you don't want to tell him he's cut just find another guy to play his position and start batting him last until he quits.

this is how one of the managers I play for handles the situation. it is not a good idea. it's highly probable he will become even more obnoxious and start whining on top of everything else.

if he paid money to get on the team, give him his money back and remember not to play with him again. well worth it.

tchaos7

Addicted to Softballfans

You take softball way too serious. Guessing you got cut from your high school team?

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
No, these guys definitely suck to play with. It's like, is your wife forcing you to be here so she can **** your neighbor?

You either cut them if it's your team, or embarrass them for the fools that they are if it's not. Being the butt of everyone's jokes ain't a good time. Make it uncomfortable for them to be there and they'll stop being there.

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans

Hahaha I'm that guy that slowly walks from my position. I put money on it I'm still faster than you but honestly I'd rather play the laziest I possibly can. its nice being talented but lazy. Yeah I could go all out, you won't catch me running to go get a ball outta play or running on and off the field. It's just league for Christ sake I go to swing outta my ass and snap everything off in the OF.

1st Baseman

Addicted to Softballfans
Slacker

These are usually the same guys that like to bat cleanup (or close to it), and ***** when they only get a couple of AB's a game - they're really only there to hit. My suggestion to them would be to find some batting cages with a slowpitch machine, and stay there.

This man speaks the truth ^^^^^

RLH4L

Extra Hitter
I can now understand why some guys don't play all out in league. Those guys are still playing while I'm sitting injured. Lesson learned. But not showing up because of a video game is just disrespectful.

Breedawg69

Extra Hitter
Hahaha I'm that guy that slowly walks from my position. I put money on it I'm still faster than you but honestly I'd rather play the laziest I possibly can. its nice being talented but lazy. Yeah I could go all out, you won't catch me running to go get a ball outta play or running on and off the field. It's just league for Christ sake I go to swing outta my ass and snap everything off in the OF.

So you're the guy that the majority of the people that have posted here said they hate to play with? Good for you!

-Six-

Weiner
I am that guy that sprints everywhere. Fists bumps for everything. and has a game of grab-ass after every guy scores.

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
So you're the guy that the majority of the people that have posted here said they hate to play with? Good for you!

Yeah but for some reason I don't have a hard time getting picked up on teams. If you teach me how to play, I can dominate league nights like a retard.