Slipped under the radar?

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsPjzBcDkAw[/ame]

No clue how these didn't get more love than they did last year. Sure you heard people talk about them here and there, but holy geez this thing is amazing. Definitely a sleeper of 2015 pick for me. I know I'm behind the times with posting this but these are ridiculous cheap right now and I can't figure out why. But by no means am I mad about it :D We were hitting pretty much everything but the kitchen sink with this, not going to sugar coat that. But even the junky M's were flying off this thing. It pretty much destroys anything in it's path. Bought it as a BP bat to keep swings off my DC and may end up gaming this over it the rate it's going lol.

single wally

Professional Amateur
They slipped under the radar b/c they're one piece and few gave them the time they need to really open up. 28.5s are beasts, swing like 30s. I usually like 27el/28bal and my 26.5oz feels great.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I absolutely abused mine from swing one and so it didn't take long to warm up lol. I think it was like 20 degrees and we were hitting 44/575's for giggles. Giggles we had lol. You get that big ole girl moving in the right direction and she'll do the work for you. Love this thing!

single wally

Professional Amateur
Just wait, you should do an updated review once you get over 1000 swings on it. And don't be afraid to BP it with stadium rocks, the Sonic + loves those :thumb:

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Trust me I'm not shy about what I hit with it lol. My BP balls are a mix of everything unless I split them up so I hit the regular stuff with other bats then the golf balls with this :D

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
I was looking at these because of how cheap they are. Just wasn't sure how good it would be.. Maybe ill scoop one. How would you compare it to the new line legits?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Maybe ill scoop one. How would you compare it to the new line legits?

Peformance is up there once you get it broken in, but the feel would be polar opposite from the Legits. Super stiff, both handle and barrel. Like oldschool Easton stiff.

dbantz

Manager
I get more distance with a sonic than any other bat I own including the miken line. The end load keeps me from gaming it all the time. Supposedly the new line super Z has the same barrel as the sonic but with a lighter end load. Can't wait to try it.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I was looking at these because of how cheap they are. Just wasn't sure how good it would be.. Maybe ill scoop one. How would you compare it to the new line legits?
Night and day difference in feel and weighting. Performance wise the Sonic is not behind by much if at all. Once broken in of course.
I get more distance with a sonic than any other bat I own including the miken line. The end load keeps me from gaming it all the time. Supposedly the new line super Z has the same barrel as the sonic but with a lighter end load. Can't wait to try it.

Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for one!

THESHOE

Starting Player
This bat was no sleeper round these parts... Very popular.

Possibly one of THE best options on the super super hot days when the 52 gets real soft and rules call for utrip bats with thumbprint.

zr27

Addicted to Softballfans
100% agree.. Definitely sleeper bat
I'm around 15,000+ swings on my first one.
The Shoe knows firsthand, murders any ball, game/bp/team bat...it is a tank.

Great video!

Ballisttic

Star Player
These bats got some good endload for sure. My 27.5 has about 2.5oz its about an ounce more than my RI dc 41.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I wanted an ASA one, now I want a Hyper Z with the ASA sticker...........
Asking a bit much there! Lol
This bat was no sleeper round these parts... Very popular.
You guys knew something we didn't then lol
I prefer the term slipped in the back door
Call it what you will. LS snuck one in there on us :D
Got mine on the way. Excited to give it a try since I've hated LS since the OG Z2
Glad I talked you into that lol. You'll like it!
Great swings my man :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Thanks man. Dat sonic doing all the work!
100% agree.. Definitely sleeper bat
I'm around 15,000+ swings on my first one.
The Shoe knows firsthand, murders any ball, game/bp/team bat...it is a tank.

Great video!
Thanks man. I am definitely digging this thing! I'm debating another before the prices go up or they become extinct.
These bats got some good endload for sure. My 27.5 has about 2.5oz its about an ounce more than my RI dc 41.

Yeah they're pretty sledgy. I don't mind at all though. Dan called it in the video, I like them heavy and a ton of endload lol

TheFreakshow

Manager
Anybody by chance have a Mizuno Blackout they've swung that they can compare this to? I've basically gamed one of those exclusively for the past three years. Just ordered one of these and am curious.

Last edited:

Josh L.

Extra Hitter
Swung one this evening that had 2500 on it. The bat is an absolute monster, I feel for infielders, the ball was screaming through the infield. I'd buy one and just let everyone I know BP it for a few months, as a place hitter this bat gave me a semi.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
At one point last year most of the Bachman players started swinging the Sonic+ over their own signature team bat. I think that says a lot about how good the Sonic+ is once you take some bp and get it broken in. You also have to let the endload work for you and then it's lights out.

Anybody by chance have a Mizuno Blackout they've swung that they can compare this to? I've basically gamed one of those exclusively for the past three years. Just ordered one of these and am curious.

I've had both, Sonic+ has much more endload than a Blackout. Barrel's feel different and I'd try to explain it but I haven't hit a Blackout in a while.

Last edited:

Jbird-21

Manager
FOR U GUYS THAT LOVE THAT SONIC +... THE WHOLE 2016 LINE OF LS BATS are the sonic + barrel with a faster break in time.... imo if not as hot as OG BATS maybe better....

J2009

Boom !!!!!
We put 140 swings on mine today 27.5 damn thing is heavy lol but it started to break in some and we hit a few out with it, but diff need a few rounds to get use to the endload.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

I've had both, Sonic+ has much more endload than a Blackout. Barrel's feel different and I'd try to explain it but I haven't hit a Blackout in a while.

I concur on the endload. My 26.5 Blackout scales at 26.9, my 26.5 Sonic+ scales at 26.0 and it still feels heavier. Blackout starts out stiff and gets slightly softer as it breaks in. Sonic+ feels stiffer at the start and stays that way, even after 1000+ hits. Sweetspot is closer to the endcap on the Sonic+ and it's impressively forgiving for a 12" barrel.

I can go back and forth between the two, but I have an overweight Blackout and an underweight Sonic+. I'd consider going down an ounce from your Blackout.

WillW3

Starting Player
FOR U GUYS THAT LOVE THAT SONIC +... THE WHOLE 2016 LINE OF LS BATS are the sonic + barrel with a faster break in time.... imo if not as hot as OG BATS maybe better....

That's a bold but intriguing statement there.

TheFreakshow

Manager
I concur on the endload. My 26.5 Blackout scales at 26.9, my 26.5 Sonic+ scales at 26.0 and it still feels heavier. Blackout starts out stiff and gets slightly softer as it breaks in. Sonic+ feels stiffer at the start and stays that way, even after 1000+ hits. Sweetspot is closer to the endcap on the Sonic+ and it's impressively forgiving for a 12" barrel.

I can go back and forth between the two, but I have an overweight Blackout and an underweight Sonic+. I'd consider going down an ounce from your Blackout.

Thanks for the feedback. I had actually wanted to go up from 27.5 in my blackout last year but never bought a bat. I went 28.5 in the Sonic and it feels like a sledgehammer in my hands!! Patiently awaiting temps to get out of the thirties so I can get this thing opened up before leagues start up here.

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
That's a bold but intriguing statement there.

I can't agree with the whole statement but I did get a new Z4 Bachman on Thursday and have since put about 200 hits on it and it's lights out. I've been swinging Worth exclusively and I can tell you the Bachman can hold its own with the hot out the wrapper companies. I actually liked it so much I ordered a KK Super Z EL and Solo Z.

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
I also want to thank LSX because if not for him doing this video I would have not purchased one and missed out. I normally swing 26oz EL and picked up a Sonic+ in 26.5oz. The endload is definitely there but not overwhelming as I thought it would be. Only took about 15-20 swings to get adjusted to it and now I love it. I actually picked up the Sonic+ and last year's Super Z EL for BP bats and I can easily see both becoming more then that. In about a week or so I'll have a bag full of LS and not much of anything else. Based on feel alone and the fact I can BP with harder balls and not have to worry about compression as much is a big selling factor for me.