Slipped under the radar?

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans
i let my buddies put thousands of indoor bp swings on my sonic+ this winter.. cant wait to try it out.. the sound has changed just bouncing balls on it

Jbird-21

Manager
That's a bold but intriguing statement there.

yep i wouldn't say it if i haven't test them side by side for last year....iv put my og away and been swinging sonic + now i swing the new line.. just give a broke in one a shot ul see...there amazing bats and LS is back once guys give them them a chance... they won't break like the new line of miken and worth do and hold that HOT compression way longer than the competition... if u have swung a broke in sonic then thats what they feel like and better...

WillW3

Starting Player
yep i wouldn't say it if i haven't test them side by side for last year....iv put my og away and been swinging sonic + now i swing the new line.. just give a broke in one a shot ul see...there amazing bats and LS is back once guys give them them a chance... they won't break like the new line of miken and worth do and hold that HOT compression way longer than the competition... if u have swung a broke in sonic then thats what they feel like and better...

I'm working on breaking my Sonic in now. I like it already

Jbird-21

Manager
to break in a sonic + use rocks... to break in the new soloz and sz which is same barrel but breaks in faster... use classic m mixed with some rocks..

sonic + are absolutely nasty.. i got one with countless hits on it still tests at 260 and it hotter than any miken or worth... plus i know it won't break.. crazy thing is it doesn't even have webbing...

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the feedback. I had actually wanted to go up from 27.5 in my blackout last year but never bought a bat. I went 28.5 in the Sonic and it feels like a sledgehammer in my hands!! Patiently awaiting temps to get out of the thirties so I can get this thing opened up before leagues start up here.
Peel that wrapper off now. I was hitting stadiums and 44/575's with mine when the weather was in the teens.
I ordered a KK Super Z EL
LMK how you like that one. Very curious to try it.
I also want to thank LSX because if not for him doing this video I would have not purchased one and missed out. I normally swing 26oz EL and picked up a Sonic+ in 26.5oz. The endload is definitely there but not overwhelming as I thought it would be. Only took about 15-20 swings to get adjusted to it and now I love it. I actually picked up the Sonic+ and last year's Super Z EL for BP bats and I can easily see both becoming more then that. In about a week or so I'll have a bag full of LS and not much of anything else. Based on feel alone and the fact I can BP with harder balls and not have to worry about compression as much is a big selling factor for me.
Lol no need to thank me. I just am glad that I wasn't the only one that felt this way about this bat
Yeah if it wasn't for lsxfreak I wouldn't have bought the sonic+
You and apparently 10 others in this thread :p
What balls are most people hitting with these?
Whatever you can get your hands on.
sonic + are absolutely nasty.. i got one with countless hits on it still tests at 260 and it hotter than any miken or worth... plus i know it won't break.. crazy thing is it doesn't even have webbing...
That's interesting. Mine has around 6-700 and the whole barrel is covered in webbing.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I want to go on record as saying I'm not going to discredit any other bats to make this one look good. I don't think this bat necessarily performs any better than others, but I honestly think the endload is where the difference is made that seems to put these on the next level for some guys.

Daurbanlegend

BP Legend
I want to go on record as saying I'm not going to discredit any other bats to make this one look good. I don't think this bat necessarily performs any better than others, but I honestly think the endload is where the difference is made that seems to put these on the next level for some guys.

I'd have to agree with this statement also. I just think the endload and feel fit my swing better then what I was swinging previously.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
What balls are most people hitting with these?

I was hitting stadiums and 44/575's with mine when the weather was in the teens.

I was hitting 500+ compression balls and losing the white ones in the snow. ;)

Bat is invincible.

.. crazy thing is it doesn't even have webbing...

That's interesting. Mine has around 6-700 and the whole barrel is covered in webbing.

Jbird, take it outside in the sun and look at it at an angle. I bet the orange parts are covered, you just have to catch it in the right light.

WillW3

Starting Player
Swung mine in league tonight. Bat has roughly 100 hits with stadiums, 575's, bp rockets, and classic M's. We play league with 575's. Bat felt pretty good. Sweetspot is still a little small, but the performance is definitely gonna get up there. Just a couple visible lines of webbing.

TheFreakshow

Manager
@LSX Freak. I'm the only one in my group of players that would actually go out and bp in freezing temps haha. Supposed to be in the sixties towards the end of the week though! Gonna try to get 1000+ cuts on it before May 1st.

The sonic swing like a sledgehammer. If you can get an hold on the swing weight, the mass will rewards you with more distance.

jessie

Real solution #11
Pulled the wrapper off my 26.5oz last night at practice and proceeded to have a blast. 45-50deg hitting a mix of 44cor and the sonic+ killed it. 5 out of the 7 of us loved the feel and proceeded to put about 50 cuts each on it. Great feel and good performance early, pleasantly surprised.

single wally

Professional Amateur
FOR U GUYS THAT LOVE THAT SONIC +... THE WHOLE 2016 LINE OF LS BATS are the sonic + barrel with a faster break in time.... imo if not as hot as OG BATS maybe better....

Are you saying that this year's line is not as hot, or hotter, than last year's?

Sounds like you're saying faster break-in, and hotter, but the "imo if not as hot" comment threw me off.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
Just wait, you should do an updated review once you get over 1000 swings on it. And don't be afraid to BP it with stadium rocks, the Sonic + loves those :thumb:
I don't know about that. We had one fail relatively quick but it could have been manufacturers defect. I played with some guys from Reds in a hit your own 44/400 and any utrip bat old or new. The sonic we had was hitting better than an og Denny Crine. After one round of bp before the tournament the Denny Crine went back in the bag.

TheFreakshow

Manager
Well my Sonic is MIA. Going through a breakup with the girlfriend and she hid it in me...didn't touch any of my old bats. Just the new one. Damn she knows how to get me going lol.

Jbird-21

Manager
Are you saying that this year's line is not as hot, or hotter, than last year's?

Sounds like you're saying faster break-in, and hotter, but the "imo if not as hot" comment threw me off.

yes sorry faster break in and so far hitting my kk soloz and sz bal as far as my OGZ2 Gamers..

TheFreakshow

Manager
Well I got the bat back and finally got some swings on it. This thing swings itself just like everyone said. Distinct sound and really good exit speed now with about 200 cuts on it. Maybe I'll take a video next time.

sun5150

Just ordered on cheap. Will test it with rock balls.

Will this be a sleeper bat like the Voltage????

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Just ordered on cheap. Will test it with rock balls.

Will this be a sleeper bat like the Voltage????

I don't think it is as hot as the SB73V...however if you take the time to break in the Sonic+ and let the endload work for you....you won't be disappointed.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Nice. Update on my sonic +. It has about 3000 on it, mainly with rocks through the winter, and is crazy. It now has a few suspicious looking paint cracks on it after another BP session with stadiums, so gamer now only. I should have put it down in BP a long time ago but it's been like a drug haha. I'd say this bat will probably last through the season, but mine must be from a different batch b/c no way could I see it lasting 5000, let alone the 15,000 swings that zr27 talked about. That said, by new stamp standards it's definitely a tank. Looking forward to more reviews on the Solo Z since that will probably be next on my list.

Z1k05

Star Player
I have 3 sonic + all with various paint cracks I think and all have the same exact types of patterns as each other of cracks

zr27

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice. Update on my sonic +. It has about 3000 on it, mainly with rocks through the winter, and is crazy. It now has a few suspicious looking paint cracks on it after another BP session with stadiums, so gamer now only. I should have put it down in BP a long time ago but it's been like a drug haha. I'd say this bat will probably last through the season, but mine must be from a different batch b/c no way could I see it lasting 5000, let alone the 15,000 swings that zr27 talked about.

keep on hitting it bud!!

ive had mine since the summer of 2014.. and has been hit not only at games, but at every BP or demo event ive been to... just doesn't wanna die... lol