Slipped under the radar?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know about that. We had one fail relatively quick but it could have been manufacturers defect. I played with some guys from Reds in a hit your own 44/400 and any utrip bat old or new. The sonic we had was hitting better than an og Denny Crine. After one round of bp before the tournament the Denny Crine went back in the bag.

Better than a DC Psycho? Really? That's a bold statement.

TheFreakshow

Manager
Sonic has around 500 cuts on it now and wow is it loud!! Not as much "ping" sound to it any more. Balls are really jumping off the barrel now.

Worm

<font color="#FF3030">I'm CrEePy & I'm CrAwLy</fon
I had to buy one to see. I picked up a 28.5 oz since I normally swing 30 oz. First b.p. I was impressed. It had good pop and good distance. Not quite the pop of my 30 oz 2015 Resmondo Worth Legit or Miken Freak Black, but the distance was right up there, especially with the .52's. It reminded me of my reissue endload z2k but with more junk in the trunk. When I got home, I ordered another one. It could become my gamer because of the extra endload it has- much more than my Mikens or Worth. Love the feel more than my Triads, Freak Black, Demarini CL22, or Worth Res Legit. Cant wait to get more hits on it and see. May use it tomorrow in my first league game.

TheFreakshow

Manager
Around 700 swings after tonight and when I dropped the bat once it had a very distinct buzz/rattle as if something was loose inside. Anybody else experience this? I can't feel anything when I shake it in my hands, only when bounced off the ground.

[ame]https://youtu.be/qGsI86IQSMU[/ame]

Last edited:

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll have to try that with mine in the morning and see. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The Legits (I know they're completely different bats) sound like that when they get enough swings on them.

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
I own both a z4 backman and a sonic +, both 26.5 and were NIW as of last weekend. I am looking forward to putting many, many more swings on them. Backman felt much softer than the stiffer Sonic + which does have a very distinct sound on contact. I gotta say tho, out of the wrapper the backman was hitting better. Perhaps that will change going forward...

J2009

Boom !!!!!
I have alittle over 200 swings with mine and already webbing some but needs some work still but still has good distance, I can see this bat with 1k swings being a monster.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Just wait, around 1K is when you'll start to see the beast unleashed, and it only gets nastier from there. Mine was good early on and got better and better, but around 2500 swings is when it became a howitzer.

Josh L.

Extra Hitter
^ This, you won't be able to swing it in small parks, all it wants to do is rocket balls over the fence. Line drives will start going over the fence, even when you are trying to get a base hit.

WillW3

Starting Player
I dropped my bat on the ground yesterday and noticed it had the buzz sound too. It probably has 200ish cuts on it.

RaiderKit

Addicted to Softballfans
Bryce oliviera was swinging one of these on Friday night and holy crap it was deadly. Someone please make him swing a wood bat please. Lol

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Around 700 swings after tonight and when I dropped the bat once it had a very distinct buzz/rattle as if something was loose inside. Anybody else experience this? I can't feel anything when I shake it in my hands, only when bounced off the ground.

I dropped my bat on the ground yesterday and noticed it had the buzz sound too. It probably has 200ish cuts on it.

I guess it's just the handle rod. First league night and I had the catcher on the other team questioning my bat though.

Some people have been having issues with the endload coming loose.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
Some people have been having issues with the endload coming loose.

I had this happen to one of mine. I think it was due to a teammate hitting a ball off the endcap. It was a weird sound to say the least. Sounded like the inner sleeve came loose as you had to shake it to hear it. It also happened when you swung it. LS returned it no questions asked.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
He does, but he's always switching back and forth. Never seen someone (at that level) switch bats as much as he does.

Josh L.

Extra Hitter
From what I've heard the changes made to the Solo Z make it slightly less desirable than the sonic was, maybe that's why Ryan is bouncing around to find something he likes. I'd imagine per his contract with LS he has to swing a current bat, or he'd likely still be swinging the sonic lol