so i know yall punish for Ks what about last out of inning..

jftx

Addicted to Softballfans
So a couple teams in my area do some interesting things for last out of the inning.. including batter wearing women's lingerie until next last out is made, one team had a tutu.. even saw a flowery necklace with a plastic penis whistle.. anyone out there do this.. I think its funny. And honestly solves the question next inning of who got the last out.. let's hear them

murc

I dont know. But if a team I was playing on did that, id defect and ask the opposing team if they needed help because the team Ive had the complete displeasure of commiting to are a bunch **** whistle blowing queers

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
Saw one team that did this - they all thought it was hysterically normal - none of the other teams seemed to think too much of it - bush & degrading - It's bad enough to know you've failed & the last out of the game is a cardinal sin - real players wear it hard enough without being himiliated...I think I'd walk from any team like that - they don't take the game serious enough.....

mrl112

Smarter than you're
We make guys wear a pink shirt on a strikeout. First week of the season, we forgot it, so a guy that struck out had to go shirtless until he got a hit.

Chilli_Dipper

Las3rSh0w
Saw one team that did this - they all thought it was hysterically normal - none of the other teams seemed to think too much of it - bush & degrading - It's bad enough to know you've failed & the last out of the game is a cardinal sin - real players wear it hard enough without being himiliated...I think I'd walk from any team like that - they don't take the game serious enough.....[/QUOTE]

Really? Not serious enough? My team does not do any of this but this game is about having fun, and I'm assuming this is league. Therefore, it's league!! Come on its about winning but if you aren't having fun doing it you're not doing it right

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone make someone wear a frilly garter or wrist corsage for this type of thing? It'd fit more people, and I saw a guy wearing one and hope that's why he had it on.

I would add Double Plays into this too.

c.mathews23

Addicted to Softballfans
I can honestly say I struck out this weekend and laughed it off just like everyone in my dugout and everyone else on the other team was.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
We have these!!!

Stoneyard_LastOut.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Chimpy

Star Player
A couple of the teams in one league I play in just make people buy beer. If you strike out looking I think it's a 12 pack of good beer. If it's swinging, it's a 24 pack.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can tell we're talking about softball when people get punished for making the last out of the game, but not for lollygagging on a ground ball or something significant. I think these are all in good fun, but the things you'd really like to shame people into stopping are the things selfish people do and this type of stuff wouldn't work.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
Saw one team that did this - they all thought it was hysterically normal - none of the other teams seemed to think too much of it - bush & degrading - It's bad enough to know you've failed & the last out of the game is a cardinal sin - real players wear it hard enough without being himiliated...I think I'd walk from any team like that - they don't take the game serious enough.....[/QUOTE]

Really? Not serious enough? My team does not do any of this but this game is about having fun, and I'm assuming this is league. Therefore, it's league!! Come on its about winning but if you aren't having fun doing it you're not doing it right

Sorry - not use to thinking "league" wise - however there is also a wide disparity in league play and the attitudes/latitudes of leagues - the leagues I've participated in were virtually the same team as my tourney teams so the attitude didn't change. The teams we played were all tourney players too - - - - league is definitly looser and more fun - but it's all fun.....

Last edited:

Capnsavem

Starting Player
we do " case if you make 2 outs in an inning", but the last out?... just a big joke- somebody yells out "WHO'S UP AFTER (INSERT NAME)?"... everyone responds "THE OTHER TEAM!!!!!"

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I had to wear a tutu for hitting a homerun for an auto out on sat. Ive seen other teams wear clowns wigs, pink jerseys, tiara's. It makes it a little more amusing I suppose.

musiclife_7

Star Player
We have a pair of XXL PINK Sofee shorts...if you make the last batted out of the inning...you wear the shorts for the next half...then someone else takes over...it's a lot of fun. Every single player has worn them at some point. Some of our guys aren't well off so buying beer and stuff isn't doable for them. These shorts though...rock.

blakcherry329

I played on a team where all offenses were punishable with beer.
K=30 pack
Last out of the game=30 pack
Pop up to the pitcher or catcher=12 pack
Double play=12 pack
no penalty for inning ending outs, however.

Team motto..."Win or lose, We Booze" We were a good team, too. You can have fun and be serious about winning. The 2 aren't always mutually exclusive.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
You can tell we're talking about softball when people get punished for making the last out of the game, but not for lollygagging on a ground ball or something significant. I think these are all in good fun, but the things you'd really like to shame people into stopping are the things selfish people do and this type of stuff wouldn't work.
Not even the last out of the game but the last out of the inning. It sounds dumb to me but it isn't my team.

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
Saw one team that did this - they all thought it was hysterically normal - none of the other teams seemed to think too much of it - bush & degrading - It's bad enough to know you've failed & the last out of the game is a cardinal sin - real players wear it hard enough without being himiliated...I think I'd walk from any team like that - they don't take the game serious enough.....

Seriously? It's league. If you're taking league so serious that you can't have a good time and laugh at stuff like this, you're probably in the wrong league.

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
K=30 pack
Double play=12 pack

Team motto..."Win or lose, We Booze" We were a good team, too. You can have fun and be serious about winning. The 2 aren't always mutually exclusive.

^^^^^^This is the goods. Especially for league...

jftx

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea we usually do beer for steikeouts on most of my teams.. but this is just for last out of the inning.. people can cry on here saying you aren't good if you do things like this.. but softball rec league or tourneys is about winning while having fun.. I know some of the best teams in D E in Texas that do this stuff.. and in all reality it works .. people don't wanna be last out.. but next inning you aren't like who is last out you just look for the bra.. penis whistle etc and you're like ohhh that's right its you OK I'm up.. I'm from Texas for the first guys question.

Last edited:

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont know. But if a team I was playing on did that, id defect and ask the opposing team if they needed help because the team Ive had the complete displeasure of commiting to are a bunch **** whistle blowing queers

HAHAHAHAHA

He was talking about the last out of the inning which is a joke. I like to have fun, but I am also very hard on myself if I play like crap. Someone telling me I had to do something like this when I am mad at myself would just make me more pissed.

No difference between league and tournaments. You play to win. What is the point of playing if not to win. This whole it's just league mentality is utter horse ****. Do you do the same thing at tournaments? What makes tournaments any more special than league? Nothing that I have seen.

K=30 pack
Double play=12 pack

If I were on this team it would only take one game for me to get kicked off for refusing to by you alcoholics anything.

Not even the last out of the game but the last out of the inning. It sounds dumb to me but it isn't my team.

BINGO

Seriously? It's league. If you're taking league so serious that you can't have a good time and laugh at stuff like this, you're probably in the wrong league.

Maybe if you are able to goof off that much in a league then maybe you are in the wrong league. But there is a difference between laughing and having a good time, and doing something ridiculous like wearing a penis shaped whistle.

Last edited:

bfn18

Addicted to Softballfans
I played on one team in league that did a "beer frame". The last inning of the game, the guy that got the first out had to buy a 6pk, second out 12 pk, and last out was an 18pk. They would have to bring the beer to the next game.

blakcherry329

HAHAHAHAHA

He was talking about the last out of the inning which is a joke. I like to have fun, but I am also very hard on myself if I play like crap. Someone telling me I had to do something like this when I am mad at myself would just make me more pissed.

No difference between league and tournaments. You play to win. What is the point of playing if not to win. This whole it's just league mentality is utter horse ****. Do you do the same thing at tournaments? What makes tournaments any more special than league? Nothing that I have seen.

If I were on this team it would only take one game for me to get kicked off for refusing to by you alcoholics anything.

BINGO

Maybe if you are able to goof off that much in a league then maybe you are in the wrong league. But there is a difference between laughing and having a good time, and doing something ridiculous like wearing a penis shaped whistle.

LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS
Don't K and you won't have to worry about penalties. Nobody should K in slowpitch, anyway(although I did a couple weeks ago...looking:mad::mad:)

I do, however, completely agree with the statement in bold letters. Why would you play differently? Unless it's a non-competitive Coed league or a pick up game, you play hard and play to win.

Btw, I don't drink beer, but I did buy beer for infractions, np. If I pop up or K, I deserve to buy beer.:mad: And, yeah, there were a lot of Alcoholix on that team. :eek:

jftx

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh its completely serious.. I don't see how you can't be good and have fun also.. sounds like a lot of guys on here wouldn't be playing for a team like mine.. and that's because I wouldn't invite you.. i don't like bad character people.. yes we are competitive.. shoot my buddies team is ranked 8 in utrip D they don't change their style of play and make you wear bra and panties for last out.. if anything it makes you a better player.. 2 outs don't wanna wear the bra simple... don't be last out..