So I'm going to the cages today

klu

on the mound
With my NIW ASA Wanted. Haven't swung a COMbat in 3 years and been swinging the z1000 EL for the last year.

What should I expect today from the first 50 swings. Should I keep it to only 52/300s or can i mix in 40-44/375s to break it in? I'm excited to try this, reviews have been good.

alteredzx

Bazinga
The ASA wanted you can hit whatever ball you want. I did not like mine, it just didnt fit my swing. Now I have something like 700 swings on mine and now I am liking it. Im finally coming around. It still has no webbing. A little rattle. I didnt like out of the wrapper like most others. But I am now liking it. But it took a long while. So at first if you think you dont like it, dont give up on it.

tasheleman

Addicted to Softballfans
The asa wanted is a sweet bat! .44 or .52 doesnt matter swing away! It will be a little stiff for 100-200 swings or so but give it time and this bat will be your gamer for sure!

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
<---- is thinking to himself "hope og poster likes the wanted so he stops trying to buy all the 12' z1k's" lol

Johnny T

ADD & OCD on SBF
Asa only wanted? If so I hit 44/375's & some evil Bp balls. Probably got about 200 hits on it. A teammate who is a masher & myself who is a contact hitter with occasional hr used it indoor cage tunnel Bp. It's webbed up pretty good & on fire. Probably gamer only now. But my teammate called me the next day asking how much I could get him one for. Lol. It doesn't swing like a 2-piece IMO and rocks the ball. Pitchers beware of these new bats cause u aren't gonna have but a split second to defend yourselves. I got a pic of webbing on it in here somewhere. I likey.:D.
C95EBF78-A673-420E-BF02-ECC8A1B2E7F8-2897-00000194C64D2AC6_zps77b9de50.jpg

Last edited:

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I would say more like the z2k (prewobble) and not the z1k.

Johnny get a magic eraser clean that bad boy up and then look it at. You will be more impressed

Johnny T

ADD & OCD on SBF
^^ I can't wait to swing it outside & my db asa. Then put it back in my bag when my teammates ask to use it. Lol. I'll let em use em.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Looking forward to seeing you review klu.

Blew out the endcap on mine yesterday (not going to reglue...endcap cracked thanks to me reaching for a pitch and endcapping it, and when the cap came out a chunk stayed in). Got 2 more people looking to buy them now though...

Fishstick5

Addicted to Softballfans
The only think you might like is the feel out the wrapper. You won't be impressed with much else.

I am in the same boat as alter. I just liked the feel out the wrapper, but wasn't really wowed. Hitting 525s, 375, 275 and that thing still doesn't have the webbing shown above. It does split time at the cages with a few bats so I don't have a ton of hits on it, but I really like it now.

The utrip wanted however is good out the wrapper and gets better and better.

Fishstick5

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking forward to seeing you review klu.

Blew out the endcap on mine yesterday (not going to reglue...endcap cracked thanks to me reaching for a pitch and endcapping it, and when the cap came out a chunk stayed in). Got 2 more people looking to buy them now though...
Had to push mine back in a couple times, not cracked, just slipping out

I wonder if they are going to correct this so we don't get any crap in game situations.

Batta3674

Addicted to Softballfans
I swung Hackers DB and Wanted yesterday. As Heebs mentioned the end cap was broken on the Wanted (I only got one swing out of it) but it was a decent linedrive. As for the DB I wasn't all that impressed (FOR ME that is, I watched other swing it and crushed the ball) but for me there was a little too much flex in the handle. With that said I'll be ordering a Wanted

klu

on the mound
25 swings in, one good size paint flake and webbed up the barrel. 40/375s and evil Bp lites. This is gonna be a tough decision what ill be swinging this year. This thing is hot!

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the DB and the Wanted are for two very different people. My wanted is breaking in more and is now performing better for me, but I've had other people pick it up and crush with it. That's basically what I and others have done with the DB.

Rega17

'MERICA
I think the DB and the Wanted are for two very different people. My wanted is breaking in more and is now performing better for me, but I've had other people pick it up and crush with it. That's basically what I and others have done with the DB.

Yep I been stroking the ball with the wanted since it came out of the wrapper. Db is taking some time.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm in the middle. The DB275 was great out of the wrapper. The Wanted is taking a little bit to open up. The DB utrip is turning out to be the same way. It wasn't hitting anywhere near as hard as the Wanted or the 275. i did like the feel of the Wanted utrip better than the Derby Boy utrip.