So is Eli > Peyton?

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Peyton > Eli...but Peyton will never be anywhere near the player he was two years ago.

Chingon#21

Extra Hitter
Eli Vs Peyton

My opinion is that Eli manning is not Peyton not even close ...Eli manning has awesome receivers who make up for his messed up throws and Peyton makes a receiver look good and is allot smarter but he needs better receivers and o-line to protect and run good routes ....

But as much as I lost ($) in the superbowl against Eli manning ! He is a decent quarterback !!

And congrats to our hometown hero bear pascoe ( giants tight end rookie) for recieving a superbowl ring ...

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
marvin harrison, reggie wayne, and dallas clark =/= good receivers.........

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Peyton gonna be a chief....and he's gonna kill it in KC....especially when they draft the Martin kid and Manning convinces saturday to go one more year

Spider12

Banned User
If Arizona eats garbage kolbs contract, and signs Peyton, the tandem of him and Fitz will be legendary for 2-3 years

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
Better football QB is Peyton. Better team is the Giants. Yes Peyton will be back, but he will have a new home. Either that, or Andrew Luck will have to deal with what Aaron Rodgers went through with Favre. I'd have to say it worked out for him though.

Treb

Retired
the giants were maybe a 4-5 win team without Eli and he won the SB. i doubt the colts win the SB with peyton playing this year.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
^^^ Not sure if serious?^^^

Peyton is twice the QB. Eli is good. Peyton is on another level. As far as receiver talent goes, Peyton makes players Dallas Clark relevant. Eli hasn't done this IMO. If they can run a decent route and catch more balls then they drop, Peyton makes them Pro Bowl ers. He also dissects the defense pre snap like no other QB in history.

I'm sure he'll play again and probably make another run at a Super Bowl.

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans
My opinion is that Eli manning is not Peyton not even close ...Eli manning has awesome receivers who make up for his messed up throws and Peyton makes a receiver look good and is allot smarter but he needs better receivers and o-line to protect and run good routes ....

But as much as I lost ($) in the superbowl against Eli manning ! He is a decent quarterback !!

And congrats to our hometown hero bear pascoe ( giants tight end rookie) for recieving a superbowl ring ...

Yes, Harrison, Wayne and Clark are 3rd string scrubs.

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ Not sure if serious?^^^

Peyton is twice the QB. Eli is good. Peyton is on another level. As far as receiver talent goes, Peyton makes players Dallas Clark relevant. Eli hasn't done this IMO. If they can run a decent route and catch more balls then they drop, Peyton makes them Pro Bowl ers. He also dissects the defense pre snap like no other QB in history.

I'm sure he'll play again and probably make another run at a Super Bowl.

From a pure passer standpoint, yes Peyton is a better QB. Now, who would you rather have in crunch time, in the playoffs, on the road, down by 4 with 2:30 left to play. We've seen Peyton squander it away in crunch time on numerous occasions. Eli on the other hand, has proven time and time again he can go on the road and make the plays it takes to win.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
I'd take several QB's over Eli. Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers. Eli is clutch yes. These other top tier QB's do it all game long. Eli is still 2nd tier IMO until he shows more consistency.

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
Eli had a great year this year 10 to td int ratio in the playoffs is the goods. As a Peyton fan since he came to Indy I'll say this in the big game under preasure I think Eli might be better .

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A friend told me about a week before the SB that the giants would win because of eli.
He said eli was better than peyton and he has won a lot of money down through the years betting against peyton going all the way back to his tn days. He said peyton cannot win the big games. (Well he did that one time but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.) I told him peyton was way better...in the regular season, and he agreed.

But yeah the pats have known for years that peyton is not so clutch in big games. He is like a system qb with the system being the regular season.

eHall

Base burglar
Peyton is a great manager of the game. his defenses have been average and he still won lots of ball games.

People want to jump on the latest greatest bandwagon. Eli has two rings to peytons one. Both have been to super bowl twice. The saints played a perfect game to beat the colts a couple of years ago. Eli played a near perfect game sunday and throughout the playoffs this year.

Peyton is a guaranteed first ballot HOFer if he retires today. Eli is getting there but has some work left to do.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
One dimensional teams rarely win superbowls.....Peyton (outside of the year he won) has alwasy been a one dimensional teams.....throw in the turf factor and it's a siginficant problem. brees too.....

it's also one fo the reasons the SEC wins all the national titles...yes, they have better players too but when you're from Nebraska, you go out and find big ass huge run blocking linemen and a stout run defense because you play int eh snow 75% of the year.....then, all of a sudden, you have to travel to warm weather and play teams built around speed and good footing and you have to play them in their element.......

yes, LSU and Bama were easily the two best teams in the ncaa so dont get your panties in a bunch but if htey had to travel to michigan and play in the snow against a team built for that, it would probably be a differnet story

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
One dimensional teams rarely win superbowls.....Peyton (outside of the year he won) has alwasy been a one dimensional teams.....throw in the turf factor and it's a siginficant problem. brees too.....

it's also one fo the reasons the SEC wins all the national titles...yes, they have better players too but when you're from Nebraska, you go out and find big ass huge run blocking linemen and a stout run defense because you play int eh snow 75% of the year.....then, all of a sudden, you have to travel to warm weather and play teams built around speed and good footing and you have to play them in their element.......

yes, LSU and Bama were easily the two best teams in the ncaa so dont get your panties in a bunch but if htey had to travel to michigan and play in the snow against a team built for that, it would probably be a differnet story

The games would be closer, but I doubt the outcome would be much different. You might have an upset or 2 at most. Speed is still speed. The northern guys are gonna slow down just as much as the SEC guys. Yes, the northen guys are more suited for it, but they are gonna get slowed by the elements just as much as the SEC guys.

I think it makes more of a difference when a northern team comes to the SEC and plays outdoors in early Sept when it is still 100* and humid as ****. Kinda like when PSU travelled to Tuscaloosa in 2010.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
The games would be closer, but I doubt the outcome would be much different. You might have an upset or 2 at most. Speed is still speed. The northern guys are gonna slow down just as much as the SEC guys. Yes, the northen guys are more suited for it, but they are gonna get slowed by the elements just as much as the SEC guys.

I think it makes more of a difference when a northern team comes to the SEC and plays outdoors in early Sept when it is still 100* and humid as ****. Kinda like when PSU travelled to Tuscaloosa in 2010.

it would make the same amount of difference whether oen team was traveling north or traveling south....

yes, the northern, cold weather teams get killed on a fast track in 100 degree weather......