So Shipping error sent me the new 2016 Flipper, help

rdjc1031

Addicted to Softballfans
So I was looking for a new ASA stick as my z2000 is finally wearing down, and I didn't care for the z3's (still in my bat back with 300 swings on it). So I hopped on the SBF reviews section and saw that the OG 2015 Flipper was highly recommended, since SBF didn't have any in stock I looked around and grabbed one off an amazon retailer for $220, but when my package arrived today they accidentally sent me the brand new 2016 version (Blue, white, and Orange).

Anyone know how this bat swings? Is it as good as the 2015 OG aftermath (Red and black). Should I keep it or call back and get the 2015 OG?

Thanks

-Ronny

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Demarini is consistently good. I would keep it. I have 2015 that is amazing and have seen many of the new 16's around and they seem to perform just as good if not better. You can't find a 2016 for 220 either.

Dan411

Star Player
KEEP IT. Very good bat, little more mid load than balanced (like they have been over the last few years). Quick break in period with 52's, but really game ready out of the wrapper. Stick to the 52's and it will last you. I hit the OG flipper (the real OG-green one) and the aftermaths are better IMO.

rdjc1031

Addicted to Softballfans
KEEP IT. Very good bat, little more mid load than balanced (like they have been over the last few years). Quick break in period with 52's, but really game ready out of the wrapper. Stick to the 52's and it will last you. I hit the OG flipper (the real OG-green one) and the aftermaths are better IMO.

Thanks for your input! My teammate had the old green flipper and it was his favorite bat, he is kinda broke so I bought this new one so he could have a bat to use without breaking the bank

If I keep it, what Do I do for receipts? If it happens to break my receipt is for the 2015 OG.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Thanks for your input! My teammate had the old green flipper and it was his favorite bat, he is kinda broke so I bought this new one so he could have a bat to use without breaking the bank

If I keep it, what Do I do for receipts? If it happens to break my receipt is for the 2015 OG.

Ask them to update your rec or your going to be out of luck if it breaks.

rdjc1031

Addicted to Softballfans
sent them an email, hope it goes well. It would cost more for them to have me ship the bat back to them and have them send me a new one. than to just let me keep it lol

rdjc1031

Addicted to Softballfans
The place I ordered from wouldn't respond to emails of phone calls, So I called up DeMarini and let them know about my situation. They were very helpful with everything and set up a warranty file for me just in case something ever happens to my bat. Phone call only took a few minutes, 10/10 would recommend DeMarini customer service.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
The place I ordered from wouldn't respond to emails of phone calls, So I called up DeMarini and let them know about my situation. They were very helpful with everything and set up a warranty file for me just in case something ever happens to my bat. Phone call only took a few minutes, 10/10 would recommend DeMarini customer service.

Cant beat Demarini customer service. My daughters CF5 end cap got broke by a concrete backstop and Demarini replaced it for free. Cant really say that about others.

skew12

That's a damn good bat. Teammate has one and it opens up quick. Convinced me to buy a couple.

Blaxima-2

Addicted to Softballfans

Can you provide some details or oversight on this? I got my flipper dropped off at the diamond on Wednesday. A teammate opened it and discarded the card. I was concerned i was SOL but this sounds like it may be an option for me

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ the card/warranty slip/paper is not as important as having a receipt from an authorized dealer.. As with any manufacturer if you are returning a bat for warranty replacement you must call cs for an ra#..
Op had the wrong bat shipped to him and the retailer was not responding so he called demarini,explained that he purchased a bat but was given a receipt for the wrong years model.. Hope that helps

Blaxima-2

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^ the card/warranty slip/paper is not as important as having a receipt from an authorized dealer.. As with any manufacturer if you are returning a bat for warranty replacement you must call cs for an ra#..
Op had the wrong bat shipped to him and the retailer was not responding so he called demarini,explained that he purchased a bat but was given a receipt for the wrong years model.. Hope that helps

Awesome, I've got the receipt.