Softball burnout???

KoolAid

Does anyone else get totally burned out on softball at the same time of year every year? If so, what does it take to get that "loving feeling" back for you? Sometimes it comes back in a week or two for me, sometimes a month or two. Bad timing for this with all of the State and World tournaments coming up.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
when the temps here get in the 100's lol and i love it again when its back at 90 or below. so july i hate playing

Pepe Silvia

Addicted to Softballfans
I never really get sick of softball. Probably because I only play on 2 teams for spring/summer and just 1 for fall. And it's just not hard enough on my body. Doesn't break me down like other things I do. I get sick of other sports, but never softball.

KoolAid

Thanks for the input. Yes, temps play a factor for sure and we have our burners here in FL for sure. Get your math hats on.......I recently played in a tournament where our first game was at 9:00am (won), second game was at 3:30pm (lost), and last game was at 10:00pm (lost). Mind you it was 96 degrees plus heat index pushing the temp above 100 and no breeze or shade. This contributed to my burn out (no pun) being out there all day for just 3 games.

niteshadow

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the input. Yes, temps play a factor for sure and we have our burners here in FL for sure. Get your math hats on.......I recently played in a tournament where our first game was at 9:00am (won), second game was at 3:30pm (lost), and last game was at 10:00pm (lost). Mind you it was 96 degrees plus heat index pushing the temp above 100 and no breeze or shade. This contributed to my burn out (no pun) being out there all day for just 3 games.

Nothing worse than waiting hours on end for tourney games.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
yea i use to when i played everynight of the week an some times even twice a night during that along with most weekend but now i dont since i cut back on leauge....ive been hurt the past 3 weeks so now its more like having withdrawls like a crack head

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Time away. Mental fatigue is tough to overcome and the best you can do is take some time away. If you are taking a lot of bp, stop for a week or so. Just gotta get the edge again.

CAVETROLL7

Sick of ****in' losing!!
same thing happens to me, right about now. thankfully we have a tourney this week and then i'm done.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
leave a bat sitting in your living room. after a couple days looking at it and picking it up occasionally you'll wanna swing it again

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
I've been burned out for years. Went from 6/7 days a week to just one since 2008. Still hardly feel like playing once a week

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
as a coach of a rec league team, around the season ending tournament i start to get a little sick of it. guys showing up at 2 minutes til. whining about positions. etc. i play in the fall and don't have to coach and its amazing.

TheFreakshow

Manager
I got burnt out on my church league this year. Too much controversy for any league, let alone a church league. Just didn't look forward to Monday night ball anymore.

jackjohn

Addicted to Softballfans
Managing is burning me out this year. I manage 2 nights a week and about 8 tournaments. I still love playing, but if someone wanted to take the clipboard, I'd give it up in a heartbeat.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
the heat sucks here, a few weeks ago we played in a tourney 6 games and temps were 100+ with humidity

falko1266

Addicted to Softballfans
I never get burned out of actually playing softball. It's usually the ppl I play with that i get burned out on

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
Getting my golf swing back in order lately. Still have something like 50-70 games left between league seasons, playoffs, tourneys and fall ball. But I'm past the point where I really care. I show up to hang with my softball bros, if it weren't for that I'd just shut it down now and begin the healing process. I mean I love playing, but this level of ball has gotten pretty boring.

stepup

Coach
I am just starting out and if I could find the teams and the excuses for the wife I would play 5 nights a week.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yeh, right now im burnt out. mens just ended, into our 3rd week of coed. i think it will all be over in 3 weeks. then bowling begins for 6 months

matte22

Addicted to Softballfans
yes and no.have been playing for 20 years. burned out on tourneys.spending all day sometimes only playing 3 to 5 games.but every year league goes by SO fast.seems like we jis played first game and done!!

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Playing year round is great but it also means its really easy to get burned out and it doesn't give you a lot of time to heal up if you are playing 5-10 games every week.

meatis20b

Manager
I get burned out during summer because I play so much and during the fall I only play 2 nights a week so its not bad. But I hate the last day of fall ball because I know that I cant play until the spring. Play all you can.