Softball in Kuwait

(Q'.')-o

Addicted to Softballfans
Headed to Kuwait City for work.
Does anyone know if there is softball played there?
Maybe on the bases?

(Q'.')-o

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been asking around and apparently there is none in town. Hopefully there will be a lot on base.

(Q'.')-o

Addicted to Softballfans
No, I am a contractor but I will be working on the naval base supporting the military.

DRock88

What's the problem here?
You should probably focus on the support that you're providing to the military and not on softball.

Pdpwally

Coach
You should probably focus on the support that you're providing to the military and not on softball.

As someone who has been in a forward air zone... down time is just as important as the mission at hand. I don't see the problem with playing some ball when its his own personal time.

loaded weapon

Laying Wood
I spent 4 years in Iraq as a soldier and as a civilian and played softball all over that place. Yes, down time is definitely needed and softball is a good outlet for it. There is softball there you will just have to get with the MWR to find out when and where for that base. Kuwait has softball as well. there should also be flag football and basketball if you play either of those.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
The BKK tourney just had a Kuwait(i?) team entered that played......maybe you can look it up under BISL

calntheplay

The Veteran
My brother inlaw when he was in Iraq, grabbed a bobcat one day and started making a softball field. The next thing you know the entire base was helping build full dugouts, bases, with fences. They had a full diamond, bases, dugouts and fences built within 7 days. It started with just the Airforce, then the Army began joining in and they had several leagues/teams.

The military was in full support of this, as they found it was a huge moral booster for the troops who didn't have much to do on their downtime. My brother sent him some bats, balls and gloves for the guys to use.

He is going back in the next few weeks to a new location and he is hoping he will be in one place long enough to do the same thing. I gotta an OG Salvo I'd love to send to him when he gets that new diamond built.

JBsoftball4

Softball Gigolos
I know when I visitied Camp Arifjan in Kuwait a few years back they had a full TURF football/soccer field and two softball fields. They definitely play over there. Iwas there in October and they were in the middle of their flag football season.

DRock88

What's the problem here?
Over there defending our freedom by using government resources to build softball fields equipped with dugouts and fences

loaded weapon

Laying Wood
Over there defending our freedom by using government resources to build softball fields equipped with dugouts and fences

It helps soldiers combat with the mental toll it takes on you from being away from your family, from not living your normal life, from being shot at on a daily basis, from dealing with family issues from afar.

You need to STFU and take the BS some where else.

Devil Dog

You like soup?
It helps soldiers combat with the mental toll it takes on you from being away from your family, from not living your normal life, from being shot at on a daily basis, from dealing with family issues from afar.

You need to STFU and take the BS some where else.

Don't reply to it, he's trolling and has taken you hook, line and sinker.

loaded weapon

Laying Wood
i would like to see pics of all of this going on over there. just think it would be cool.

5179d23d.jpg

37f6a8c5.jpg

08748a0c.jpg

0511ddcb.jpg

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
damn! this field looks nicer than half we see stateside. way to go! looks like they get taken care of appropriately

loaded weapon

Laying Wood
Thanks to the hard work of the people who work for the MWR and the engineer corp who build them. A lot of time goes into them but they are used almost daily by the soldiers.

(Q'.')-o

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks again for the info..

Even if I can't play, I'm sure I'll find somewhere to take Bp

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner

You should probably focus more on your family, more on your job, more on serving others, more on feeding the homeless, etc....so should I. We all should.

Or we could just say "thanks for supporting our military" to the guy.

Thanks for supporting them OP.