Softball on spinning rope

Goldeneagle81

The Rookie
Sorry, but I don't know what else to title this one. I know I have seen the equipment with a softball hanging from a short rope. You hit the ball and it spins in a "Ferris wheel" motion. I have a small backyard, and this would be great for BP. Anyone familiar with this device, the name of it, and/or where I can get it?

Thanks.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am. I have owned a hit a way. It spins around a pole like a tetherball. He's talking about the thing that attaches to a chain link fence parallel to the ground and when you hit the ball it spins around like a ferris wheel.

It's called the Hollywood Striker II Portable Hitting Station. Looks pretty stupid to me. The Hit a way isn't bad if you have a good post or tree to attach it to. It needs to be sunk in the ground though because a good hit puts a lot of torque on it.

Goldeneagle81

The Rookie
I am. I have owned a hit a way. It spins around a pole like a tetherball. He's talking about the thing that attaches to a chain link fence parallel to the ground and when you hit the ball it spins around like a ferris wheel.

It's called the Hollywood Striker II Portable Hitting Station. Looks pretty stupid to me. The Hit a way isn't bad if you have a good post or tree to attach it to. It needs to be sunk in the ground though because a good hit puts a lot of torque on it.

Thanks - just wanted to see if I could find the name to do a little research on it. As for the hit away, that's the exact problem I have. Nothing really good currently to attach it to.

And to the individual who said I'm not "qualified to judge his answer". Go back and read/learn to comprehend. The guy mocked me for not thinking the hit away had the ferris wheel motion as opposed to the tetherball motion mentioned above. Thanks for playing, genius.

andyschwing

Schwing batter batter!
I tried to make my own last year. Worked for about 20 swings then broke. Lucky i didnt break anything in my basement!