Solo Z Dual Stamp

chubbs

Team Sporting Goods
Sick!!! One word from the start. I'm one of the DT guys and got mine today finally. Wrapper off at game time. Couple of nice hits and the third guy I gave it to absolutely launched one out. Maybe 15 hits now in the two games I passed it around and the guys loved it. 27 oz but stills feels like an endload to me anyways. Not near the endload of the 27.5 Solo Z for non-ASA. Still noticeable though. Feels like a 28 or so. Feeling this may be another bat that slips by for the price. Not saying we have a Voltage here but man it's not bad at all. Not the glassy sound since there aren't any discs in there either. Worth a look fellas!

howwedo16

Addicted to Softballfans
So, chubbs, are you swinging the Endload model, or the balanced? I know you said it swings a lil heavy. You should definitely post a vid so we can hear how the bat sounds. :)

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
So, chubbs, are you swinging the Endload model, or the balanced? I know you said it swings a lil heavy. You should definitely post a vid so we can hear how the bat sounds. :)

Does the dual stamp come in an end loaded model as well?
Thought it was only balanced.

chubbs

Team Sporting Goods
Solo Z

Hey guys. The bat is considered balanced. I definitely does not have the mega endload of the Non-ASA model. This is a 27 but feels heavier than that. I will be out Sunday again and can get some video of it. I'm also going to see what it compression test at tomorrow. No rings in this model.

chubbs

Team Sporting Goods
Hey guys. The bat is considered balanced. I definitely does not have the mega endload of the Non-ASA model. This is a 27 but feels heavier than that. I will be out Sunday again and can get some video of it. I'm also going to see what it compression test at tomorrow. No rings in this model.

Very shocked that this tested at 350 compression. I wonder after how many hits this thing will open up? It is worth a look.

howwedo16

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^Would love to see it in action! So I spoke with LS customer service. He advised bat will be out mid to late June now. I think was supposed to be May! Bummer. But as long as they get it right, I don't mind the wait.

bonzer187

See Ya Ball
^^^Would love to see it in action! So I spoke with LS customer service. He advised bat will be out mid to late June now. I think was supposed to be May! Bummer. But as long as they get it right, I don't mind the wait.

Bat is out now just ordered one

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
So a balanced 27 oz Dual Solo Z feels like it has some endload? Interested in trying one, very few reviews out on it so far though.

chubbs

Team Sporting Goods
So a balanced 27 oz Dual Solo Z feels like it has some endload? Interested in trying one, very few reviews out on it so far though.
It does feel a little endloaded to me. Definitely can't judge it after a few hits. Put another 50 or so on today and it is good in my opinion. Hits the 52s decent. It's not a Juggy or Super Z but it's good for the price.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
It does feel a little endloaded to me. Definitely can't judge it after a few hits. Put another 50 or so on today and it is good in my opinion. Hits the 52s decent. It's not a Juggy or Super Z but it's good for the price.

Kind of confused now, your first post about the Solo Z you were raving about how good it was, but in this one you said its good for the price? Is it a lower tier bat, compared to the Super considering it is $100 lower? Was wondering about the price difference, seemed strange that one of their new bat lines is $100 less.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Good to know, thanks. Looking for a dual stamp bat, down to a Boombah Dually, and the Dual Solo Z. Both are the same price, just doing research on both. :thumb:

spartyfaith

Addicted to Softballfans
Picked up a 27, felt pretty balanced to me.
Will give more details with more swings.
Price point was nice for me

bubz24

Addicted to Softballfans
That's me in the video above at the 7:25 mark. I literally just took it out of the wrapper before those swings. The first round was painful (bat is really stiff, even when you barrelled it) but I was a bit hungover and it was a hot day so my swing wasn't quite on so to speak. Not making excuses because I stink regardless. LOL Closer to the end of the session the bat was pushing 100 swings and it definitely had opened up and the sound changed a bit. Mike my buddy with the dark hair in the video hit it well and put a bunch out with it. True balanced feel for sure. The bat we were swinging was a 27 so it was a bit heavier than what I usually swing but felt bang on for that.

Lexx came out with his stash and we had a blast, I really like the Z line up this year. Big improvement over last years models. We will do another session when we can get together hopefully early next month and looking forward to swinging it again. I would love this bat for a project so to speak. The USSSA solo Z he has with 1000+ swings smashes so hopefully this bat will be the same with that many swings.

As for the globe as a target, it's a good 425' away on a line so good luck trying to hit it. LOL

C563F3F5-72A6-4643-A2CB-C544933CD6E7_zpss17mnrj9.jpg

zr27

Addicted to Softballfans
As for the globe as a target, it's a good 425' away on a line so good luck trying to hit it. LOL

Thanks again for setting this up bro... beauty day :thumb:

wasnt fun having to pick up all of these after the round... lol :D

All the bats we swung that day... awesome performance... solid durability!

Last edited:

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
That's me in the video above at the 7:25 mark. I literally just took it out of the wrapper before those swings. The first round was painful (bat is really stiff, even when you barrelled it) but I was a bit hungover and it was a hot day so my swing wasn't quite on so to speak. Not making excuses because I stink regardless. LOL Closer to the end of the session the bat was pushing 100 swings and it definitely had opened up and the sound changed a bit. Mike my buddy with the dark hair in the video hit it well and put a bunch out with it. True balanced feel for sure. The bat we were swinging was a 27 so it was a bit heavier than what I usually swing but felt bang on for that.

Lexx came out with his stash and we had a blast, I really like the Z line up this year. Big improvement over last years models. We will do another session when we can get together hopefully early next month and looking forward to swinging it again. I would love this bat for a project so to speak. The USSSA solo Z he has with 1000+ swings smashes so hopefully this bat will be the same with that many swings.

Those HRs were hit with the Solo Z Dual?

bubz24

Addicted to Softballfans

Almost every bat that lexx posted was swung so hard to tell how many were hit with the Dual stamp. I know my buddy put 5-10 out. I hit the fence a couple times. :biggthumpup:

howwedo16

Addicted to Softballfans
The sound of the bat was definitely kinda crap at first. Has sound changed at all with more swings???

bubz24

Addicted to Softballfans

Just looks like mileage markers to me.:confused:
I was wondering about that question. LOL No those weren't the HR's hit with the solo, just dimensions of some of the landmarks of the park.
The sound of the bat was definitely kinda crap at first. Has sound changed at all with more swings???
Sound changed after 50-75 swings. Performance/feel was better as well. This is probably one of those bats that will reward you with more and more swings. That's how the Sonic+ and USSSA solo Z has been.

howwedo16

Addicted to Softballfans
Got mines in yesterday. First impression is that it sounds like an aluminum bat. I was only taking soft toss cuts, but definitely stiff as hell. I will be working on this bat and my Black Widow coming up. Will update when I get some cuts in on this bat.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Will update mine as well, if is ever shipped to me that is. Sucks placing an order on 6/3, and it takes 4 days to actually ship it out. Thats borderline NGTG if it was a board bro shipping that long after payment. :confused: