Some Ankle Questions

JPritch

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a really bad ankle sprain last season. Went to ER and the nurse said I tore a ligament completely in it (had ankle rollover issues since HS), but this was the worst by far. It's still a little bigger than my other ankle. ROM, stability, and strength has been coming back slowly since I started working on it.

I want to get it checked out before the season starts. What type of doctor would be best to go to? Orthopaedic?

Also, as a safety measure, I was thinking about taping my ankles football style if anyone is familiar with that. Anybody here familiar with this and do this for softball/baseball? Does having it taped like that impact any parts of your game, especially the swing?

Thanks!

Silverbullit

The Veteran
I would see a podiatrist, I use to have bad rolling issues with both ankles. Do alot of calf raises and stretches, get some high top cleats for the extra stability.

Diesel181

The Veteran
I have the same problem. I use the Bauerfeind MalleoLoc brace. Kinda expensive, but the will keep you in the game.

cwr117

Fun in fundamental.
I have the same problems and here is what I was told.
1) buy a high top shoe, whatever you wear, turfs or cleats. I wear Mizuno blasts
2) I wear an ankle brace that laces up and has velcro. The lacing allows you to adjust it during the day
3) after the first couple games, ice it.

that worked very well for me last year, no problems. Took maybe one game to get used to the brace under my show, but now I feel weird not wearing it.