Some bat help fellas...

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
My buddy is heading to Korea (ASA only) and through word of mouth I convinced him to buy the black 454 Mutant. He absolutely does not care for it. He's a Miken man then Worth, but wants a one piece now vs a two piece. What would be the best route to go? He prefers Miken and an endload. Told him since I convinced him to buy something he really didn't want...I'd buy his next bat and then trade him for the Mutant.

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
The guy has such a strong opinion yet wants someone else to pick his bats?

He goes by word of mouth. He had heard good things about the black 454, but says he can't get used to the 2 piece. Since most believe Miken had fallen off...we haven't recommended a Miken. My choice of DeMarinis are no good to him so I asked the great and all knowing SBF for their opinion. Apparently the ASA Ultra is where it's at :p

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
My buddy is heading to Korea (ASA only) and through word of mouth I convinced him to buy the black 454 Mutant. He absolutely does not care for it. He's a Miken man then Worth, but wants a one piece now vs a two piece. What would be the best route to go? He prefers Miken and an endload. Told him since I convinced him to buy something he really didn't want...I'd buy his next bat and then trade him for the Mutant.

Triad is the bat to get, got a teammate here in Kunsan that loves his Triad. The 750X Ultra is another bat that a few guys have. What base they headed to?

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Triad is the bat to get, got a teammate here in Kunsan that loves his Triad. The 750X Ultra is another bat that a few guys have. What base they headed to?

He's headed to the Kun is Sep. If the Triad wasn't a two piece (he's stuck on not swinging two piece bats) I'm sure he'd get it. The ASA Ultra seems to be the popular pick which is what he usually does.

His bats (since I've known him) go: Freak --> Freak+/Freak98/NRG(U) --> Super Freak --> OG Psycho --> Psycho SuperMax --> ???

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
He's headed to the Kun is Sep. If the Triad wasn't a two piece (he's stuck on not swinging two piece bats) I'm sure he'd get it. The ASA Ultra seems to be the popular pick which is what he usually does.

His bats (since I've known him) go: Freak --> Freak+/Freak98/NRG(U) --> Super Freak --> OG Psycho --> Psycho SuperMax --> ???

The Triad is better than the ultra. Plus its endloaded like he wants. If he would hit one he might change his mind. The bat is really that good.

shifletd

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll second the Ultra 750X. One piece, and it's actually more of an end-load than the Triad (sounded like he's into the Supermax). My Triad has a very slight end-load, more of a balanced feel for sure...it is hot as **** though!

sjury

The Old Man
He does know that Miken and Worth are basically the same bat, made in the same factory. I swung an original PST Powdershell for years and then switched to the Mayhem. I never thought I would swing a two piece again until this year Mutant. He may not like it because it's balanced. The Triad might be good, because of the end load, but you cannot go wrong with the 750X either.

ELone9

aka: Batsmith
if he is stuck on miken the ultra 750x would be the best option. If not the DB ASA or Easton S2 would be my tops for one piece sticks. The ASA Jeff Hall would be a close third

AmmoDawg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Alright...better clarification...since he plays Utrip and will only have the bat for one year...he's thinking of an old ASA stamped bat with a thumbprint Utrip stamp. Filthy98?

jf2k4

<font color="#3300FF">Outstanding Good Dealer</fon
I'd get the Combat Wanted or Derby Boys 275, the performance will be atleast seven times better then the filthy.