Some Regular Dudes Hitting The INSAN3

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Huff, just because you play D doesn't mean you are D. :D

You know how you can tell they aren't Rec players? Dudes are hitting without a screen and you aren't flinching. LOL

Bat control separates Rec to Tourney players IMO.

But I got to swing the bat when Jimmyz had it (during Thanksgiving weekend), and I really liked it. I forgot is it going to be all-stamp?

Now if you videotaped a 5'9" Chinese guy swinging a bat with no bat control, that would've been more "average"
This is basically what i was saying, not knocking the vid or jwh.. props for putting up vids but just saying these guy although they are said to be rec/coed/e players it is pretty obvious they hit well and seem to have decent bat control.. rec/e and most coed players around me just don't hit/look like these guys haha.. js

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
Kewl video ... What a great backdrop when the lefties were swinging ...

thanks for watching!!! ya the fields are really nice. cool little 'porch' out there in right field for the lefties…think i might have to work on my lefty swing so i can pop a few out there someday lol

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Swung this stick today. The paint crack in it has grown. Was around 2-3 inches when we started to now 4-5. Hitting inside a cage against old BP mush balls. Felt great. Nice response on contact. Decent EL. Reminds me a lot of my first DeMarini, the Flyswatter. Only difference was the handle seemed stiffer and the barrel had more pop. Again, hitting indoors, but overall, I think this is a winner.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I love Demarini but they need to figure out the paint crack fiasco, it's giving them a bad rep. The bats are hot and overall durable, they're not snapping like Z's or Combats. Just getting tossed for a thin little layer of composite and tape doesn't fly in one of my leagues.

Aside from that little rant, this sounds like a great bat for the stiff composite handle and end load!

kreationz

Addicted to Softballfans
The bat has gone through 6-7 different reps hosting multiple demo days. Before I sent them out I hosted 2-3 demo days So by the time it go to the 1st rep... there was a good 700-900 hacks on it already. 52/300s, 44/375, classic Ms, a few 47/525s. I haven't really kept track of how many hacks since it left my hands, but im pretty happy with its durability and performance.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I love Demarini but they need to figure out the paint crack fiasco, it's giving them a bad rep. The bats are hot and overall durable, they're not snapping like Z's or Combats. Just getting tossed for a thin little layer of composite and tape doesn't fly in one of my leagues.

Aside from that little rant, this sounds like a great bat for the stiff composite handle and end load!

Stiff and EL'd has me intrigued. Fortunately I don't need another bat but if I was I would give it an extended look.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Ok but the only thing is guys saying the bat is hot/insane/ridiculous swinging at 1000+ swings really isn't a good barometer. How many composite bats aren't hot at that point nowadays?

I have no idea how many swings was on the bat when I swung it but it didn't have a crack in it that I remember.

kreationz

Addicted to Softballfans
That's because you swung a diff bat than the one in Utah. You swung the 26.5 the one that cracked is a 27.5.

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
i think what we can really take away from this is that the insane is incredibly durable. nowadays you don't hear about a lot of ASA only bats lasting 1000+ swings, let alone 2000. For this bat to make it through as many different people swinging it for that many cuts and all it got was a little paint crack, i'd say that's pretty impressive. most of you have probably seen the videos. we've had little guys and big guys swinging it and this bat has kicked ass along the way. i'm very proud of Demarini as usual, but this one is good fellas. :)

Chubby_43

Video looks great.. I would love to hit there. How far is that road behind the fence? Any cars get hit?

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
wish bld would allow asa only, would change my buying thoughts. winds of change could be blowing though

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Hearing BLD here has started using ASA 52cor balls, always thought they followed NSA rules though. Have you heard anything about ball/bat changes that might be coming?

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
i think what we can really take away from this is that the insane is incredibly durable. nowadays you don't hear about a lot of ASA only bats lasting 1000+ swings, let alone 2000. For this bat to make it through as many different people swinging it for that many cuts and all it got was a little paint crack, i'd say that's pretty impressive. most of you have probably seen the videos. we've had little guys and big guys swinging it and this bat has kicked ass along the way. i'm very proud of Demarini as usual, but this one is good fellas. :)

thats what i like to hear. i just have to clear some real estate first though

Chubby_43

street was about 330/350ish i believe. ya we were almost hitting cars left and right.corey almost tagged a Sheriff's car lol

Too funny... we used to have a road right along the fence.. We tagged a few cars... They would get out and yell.. We would just laugh... Nothing we can do about it... After a while guys would speed through there so they didn't get hit...

TRaj2327

And the baggy ****ies shorts, flat hat bill, and turf shoes are also common with league players?

I'd like to know who you are talking about and what you consider a good swing.

If you didn't read the whole thread, which I doubt you did, I already said the big righty (Corey) and the kid with the neon orange shoes are solid swingers. Anyone else couldn't get on any D team I have been on.

Last edited:

CHOOLY_#14

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I can tell you one thing that anyone over 40 will agree with. That E is the new C/D. But thats not new. It's been spiraling out of control for over 15 years. But thats a whole separate "sandbagging" conversation for another thread. Playing up used to be desired and honorable. Now its all about playing down, getting a T-shirt, and feeling good because you beat the **** out of some other teams who have no lower division to play in... because the lowest division is still full of talent.

But the INSAN3 looks good :rockon: