Sonic + first tournament

KraigP26

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a utrip Greinert and it is head and shoulders above my 500 swing Sonic+. But I expect it to be in pieces before the Sonic even gets fully broken in.

Take your pick: hot out of the wrapper or durable. Never both.

I just got my Greinert for $99 w/free shipping...may pick up a couple more:bigok:

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I just got my Greinert for $99 w/free shipping...may pick up a couple more:bigok:

If you're hitting .52's, I don't think there's a better bat. I could feel the barrel flex on mine from swing one with crappy Hot Dots. I'm just concerned about durability. Mine started webbing instantly, I've used bats for full seasons before without getting webbing.

Mikesadd

Addicted to Softballfans
I know mine isn't fully broken in (300-400ish hits) and we hit 52/275's at this last tournament over the weekend. I thought it hit them just fine.

good deal the league i play in is going 52's and i havent had a chance to hit any of those

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
I've swung both the sonic 26.5 and I bought a z4000 balanced utrip. The sonic and z4000 have a similar sweet spot in my opinion. The sonic has a heavy end loaded feeling to it. I also prefer balanced bats. But overall I believe the sweet spot is around the same. I love the fact that these Louisvilles smash anything and the sweet spots are big and if you mi**** you can tell, but it rarely happens since the sweet spots are big.

Last edited:

Mikesadd

Addicted to Softballfans
I've swung both the sonic 26.5 and I bought a z4000 balanced utrip. The sonic and z4000 have a similar sweet spot in my opinion. The sonic has a heavy end loaded feeling to it. I also prefer balanced bats. But overall I believe the sweet spot is around the same. I love the fact that these Louisvilles smash anything and the sweet spots are big and if you mi**** you can tell, but it rarely happens since the sweet spots are big.

I want to swing a Z4 and compare no doubt and see what they can do.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
I want to swing a Z4 and compare no doubt and see what they can do.

I've swung the Backman Z4. I'm sure the Sonic (when fully broke in) will perform as good (or better) than the Backman.

The Backman is pretty good from swing 1. Not as much end load as the Sonic. Way more flex in the handle of the Z4k. I'm not going to speak for everyone, but what I like about the Sonic, the Z4 is the opposite. I wasn't overly crazy about the Backman.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Loved the read in here. My LS Warrior is coming up on 5K hits. Its lights out right now and I cant put it down but I dont think she will last much longer. So im starting to look for her replacement. I was really hoping to stay in my budget ~70ish but I might have to splurge for a sonic+.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
Loved the read in here. My LS Warrior is coming up on 5K hits. Its lights out right now and I cant put it down but I dont think she will last much longer. So im starting to look for her replacement. I was really hoping to stay in my budget ~70ish but I might have to splurge for a sonic+.

If you get a Sonic a few things:

1. It is stiff. Like OG Easton Synergy stiff. It has decent distance even being a pretty stiff bat.
2. The end load is DEFINITELY NOTICEABLE. The 27.5oz bat that I have feels like a 30oz bat.
3. You must have time to break this bat in. I'm probably at 300-400 hits and its pretty good. You'll have to get it to 500, 750, or 1000 to see real results (depending on how hard you swing)

Mikesadd

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit mine more yesterday. I hit one shot yesterday that had a girl say D*** dude. I was like what. She had nothing to say just in Ahhh.
since i have hit the sonic i have noticed once i connect with the sweet spot the ball just flys. Since having this sonic very impressed with the performance with Slugger. If i could be a rep i would.

JRod21

Star Player
I hit mine more yesterday. I hit one shot yesterday that had a girl say D*** dude. I was like what. She had nothing to say just in Ahhh.
since i have hit the sonic i have noticed once i connect with the sweet spot the ball just flys. Since having this sonic very impressed with the performance with Slugger. If i could be a rep i would.

You keep this up your getting laid son.

Mikesadd

Addicted to Softballfans
i was reading someones signature it was something like play coed ball hit bombs girls awww or something like that i was like true story.

JRod21

Star Player
I need to let you borrow my 14 Z2K. Her panties would be dropping when the ball goes by her...lol. I doubt you would make it out of the parking lot before you tag it and bag it.

Snowman21

Addicted to Softballfans
have a 26.5 sonic + 30 swings returnable no receipt looking to sell or trade if anyone interested

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
First tournament this past weekend so I finally got a chance to hit my Sonic+ outside. Very impressed. Bat probably has 500+ hits on it and I would say it's broken in...if not then I would hate to see when it is. After using it for an at bat or two a couple of the guys starting hitting it and loved it. A guy on another team had one but hadn't used it all day until he played us...next thing you know a couple of their guys were using his.

All I can say is take the time to break it in and it gets nasty.

dbantz

Manager
I had my 28.5 and 26.5 compression tested at our first tourney this past weekend. The 28.5 with probably around 500 swings was 235-240 and my 26.5 with maybe 75 was well above that. They both hit great though. Definitely my gamers this season.