South Carolina

JRod21

Star Player
So why is everybody griping about Mikes getting to play in the NSA winter world? They are offering an Elite class, and I figured thats what they were gonna be playing in, since they won an Eastern World last year. Personally I dont care if they play Gold or whatever.

Who all is expected to be playing in the Winter World? We plan on coming down and playing!

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
So why is everybody griping about Mikes getting to play in the NSA winter world? They are offering an Elite class, and I figured thats what they were gonna be playing in, since they won an Eastern World last year. Personally I dont care if they play Gold or whatever.

Who all is expected to be playing in the Winter World? We plan on coming down and playing!

Mike's is most likely going to get to play Gold.... Im with you, I don't give a **** where they put Mike's at.

We are playing as well down there.

Country35

Banned User
I get that you're an evil rep...... But x rocks are just as good

I would hope so, being its almost the identical ball.......same cores, same manuf facility as well. I think evils are more durable than the rock, and I like our grippier cover as a pitcher, but you can't go wrong with either. Dudley also makes a very good softball. Tattoos are cheaply made trash, the quality has gone downhill the last 2 years a lot. I saw their classic ms get thrown out of games a lot recently because the cheap paint used for the stamp :eek:. Apex made a great ball for a while if you didnt mind the cover ripping ever 10 pitches, but that ball was not made to spec and they got caught. hence why they went bye bye as fast as they got here. Thats my unbiased softball review. Biased = evil is by far the best and buy all of them from the sbf store. Boom.

mihklo

I would hope so, being its almost the identical ball.......same cores, same manuf facility as well. I think evils are more durable than the rock, and I like our grippier cover as a pitcher, but you can't go wrong with either. Dudley also makes a very good softball. Tattoos are cheaply made trash, the quality has gone downhill the last 2 years a lot. I saw their classic ms get thrown out of games a lot recently because the cheap paint used for the stamp :eek:. Apex made a great ball for a while if you didnt mind the cover ripping ever 10 pitches, but that ball was not made to spec and they got caught. hence why they went bye bye as fast as they got here. Thats my unbiased softball review. Biased = evil is by far the best and buy all of them from the sbf store. Boom.

I like both of them but prefer the rocks myself only because it seems like the cover is more durable than the evils.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
who is playing in December? and where?

i know Freedom has a tournament in Myrtle on Dec 13-14.

JRod21

Star Player
I believe we are done for the year, and I think we are gonna start back up at the Ironman in Anderson. We got the same team with the addition of a couple guys from Lee's Welding. We wont be SE Builders anymore, were going to be L&L's or L&L's Softball.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Cliff have they decided where we are playing our first one at yet?

The next thing that i know of will be in Feb. ether the Freedom Winter World or the NSA Winter World.

i want to play sooner than that. i used to pick up with Dynasty when Crossfire was not playing. So i need a team to pick up with now.

Last edited:

ECUPirate

Starting Player
Where are the tournaments in Lexington being played? I believe I heard of a Toys for Tots charity tournament coming up soon (either this weekend or next weekend) also.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Where are the tournaments in Lexington being played? I believe I heard of a Toys for Tots charity tournament coming up soon (either this weekend or next weekend) also.

there are two parks that are used. Pine Grove and Oak Grove.

i don't know about the toys for tots tourney. do you know what sanction was putting it on?

Last edited:

JBT2020

The Veteran
Yea cliff I looked at that, but as you can see they haven't updated anything since Nov 16th, so I was trying to see if anyone on here had any ideas

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
lol, yea i have struggled in the past to get approved to those message boards. i don't know what is the issue with those things.

this is just my personal opinion but NSA has been king in SC for a few years now. Freedom has taken the Myrtle Beach Florence area. USSSA, ISA, ASA and some other associations are around but the tournaments have been smaller. All of that can and will change, but that has been my observation over the last few years.

JBT2020

The Veteran
Yea I agree, and i know we will play a lot of nsa and freedom, but im starting a military team with a goal of playing usssa military worlds in Columbus ga in august, so we would benefit from playing some usssa tournaments to gain points, that's why im asking

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
first, let me say thank you for your service.

the only place i know to look for USSSA info is on the message board. i don't even know how to keep up with them on Facebook. Dakota Deerwood will know more about how to keep up with them. He knows everything