South Carolina

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
I am still fired up.

our win against Party Time (who beat us Sat) was from a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs when we were down 1. I yelled so much I gave myself a head ache.

still fired up Country

Country35

Banned User
I am still fired up.

our win against Party Time (who beat us Sat) was from a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 7th with 2 outs when we were down 1. I yelled so much I gave myself a head ache.

still fired up Country

I miss times like that. I miss teammates. I went to church sunday morning instead of being sore or driving home from myrtle, I would miss that if I got back into ball full time. I'm gonna attend a team meeting this week, no promises made tho.

Everyone should come to Chance Crawford!

i'm trying to talk my team into the Chance Crawford, but i think they want to do the Dudley again instead

what's the deal with the Hall of Fame Classic in march? a buddy invited me to go and i wasn't sure if it was worth it

Stretch19

Grow up
That was a great game cliff. Yall played extremely well! I do believe I set the record for walks in a game at the winter world considering yall walked me 5 times!! Haha. Overall the level of play was extremely high. The 2 games we lost, yall and American security, we didn't play really bad defense in my opinion, the yall just killed the ball. That seemed to be the case in a lot of games though. I was glad to see yall finished 4th, that's awesome. Congrats

im guessing you play for Mo Crunch...my buddies played yall second game, The Mob, and said yall hit it all over the place and were one of the more impressive teams he had seen

not sure where he played, probably 3b/MI might have even pitched some...has long dreads

Country35

Banned User
i'm trying to talk my team into the Chance Crawford, but i think they want to do the Dudley again instead

what's the deal with the Hall of Fame Classic in march? a buddy invited me to go and i wasn't sure if it was worth it

For how far away yall are, there isnt a better a tourney........the dudley gives paid berths to all of the big 3?

Are you talking about the HOF dual event for the conference in FL?

i don't know what the dudley gives but they had fun last year and want to go again, i'm trying to get them on board with the chance crawford idea

no, it's at Peter's Creek i believe, March 7/8...i don't even know what association or anything

Stretch19

Grow up
peters creek is SSAA which to me is the most bootleg **** around...not to mention there is absolutely nothing in Peters Creek

Country35

Banned User
oooooh yeah if your boys wanna go to peters creek but not chance crawford they are simply uninformed about softball

nah, this is a different team...a buddy asked me to go to Peter's Creek, it's that BWU team that i play with down south occasionally

my team hasn't done the schedule for this year yet, i'm still pushing for the Chance Crawford

Country35

Banned User
nah, this is a different team...a buddy asked me to go to Peter's Creek, it's that BWU team that i play with down south occasionally

my team hasn't done the schedule for this year yet, i'm still pushing for the Chance Crawford

its like 3 hours away, 5 divisions, paid berths to the big 3 and lots of outa state competition

Kcooper7

Star Player
im guessing you play for Mo Crunch...my buddies played yall second game, The Mob, and said yall hit it all over the place and were one of the more impressive teams he had seen

not sure where he played, probably 3b/MI might have even pitched some...has long dreads

Yeah I play for Mo Crunch. I remember the guy you're talking about. I know he played ss when they came out of the 5 man and played straight up. He got mad at one of our players for sliding into second but it was as clean of a slide as there is. The turf may have had something to do with it.

I know a lot of people thought we would do well and some even picked us to win it. There were several teams down there though that we played against and that I watched play that I thought were just as good if not better than us. There was some great competition down there this weekend

Stretch19

Grow up
im sure it was just a heat of the moment type of things, hes a pretty emotional guy when hes on the field...when i talked to him yesterday, he had nothing but complimentary things to say about yall and how well you hit it as a team

Kcooper7

Star Player
im sure it was just a heat of the moment type of things, hes a pretty emotional guy when hes on the field...when i talked to him yesterday, he had nothing but complimentary things to say about yall and how well you hit it as a team

We were a little worried about them. They put up 33 in their first game, but we just had our best game of the tourney. I think we scored 11 in the first inning. They hit it well, there were sever ao balls they hit that we didn't want anything to do with

Leftie22

Star Player
yeah they avg 26 runs a game and managed to go 1-2, thats a rough weekend

lost 34-33 at like 2 am sunday morning ha

Yea they had a guy that hit two SCUDS by our pitcher that he didnt see. ( well atleast i know i didnt see if from left field till it hit the grass lol). However Kenneth is right that was the one game we felt in total control of at every aspect. Our defense was not up to our expectations for the overall tourney and I left my bat in Spartanburg, Still havnt found it.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah they avg 26 runs a game and managed to go 1-2, thats a rough weekend

lost 34-33 at like 2 am sunday morning ha

We got to the fields for our 4:10 game Saturday and was told that the 12:30 game was in the 2nd inning. I was trying to figure out how at 3:30 a field had only completed 4 games that day. Especially when they started at 8am. All of the high scoring games really messed up the schedule.

Stretch19

Grow up
yeah they sure did...the game they played was supposed to be like 9 i think, not sure when they started but they finshed at 2 am ha

Stretch19

Grow up
Yea they had a guy that hit two SCUDS by our pitcher that he didnt see. ( well atleast i know i didnt see if from left field till it hit the grass lol). However Kenneth is right that was the one game we felt in total control of at every aspect. Our defense was not up to our expectations for the overall tourney and I left my bat in Spartanburg, Still havnt found it.

probably miko, big thick black guy?

Stretch19

Grow up
it was either Miko, who is thick as fugg and black...or Josh aka Cadillac who is thick as fugg and lighter skinned

theyve both been known to this some seeds

Stretch19

Grow up
Yeah I play for Mo Crunch. I remember the guy you're talking about. I know he played ss when they came out of the 5 man and played straight up. He got mad at one of our players for sliding into second but it was as clean of a slide as there is. The turf may have had something to do with it.

he said the slide was clean, but dude had been talking **** the whole game so when dude took out the 2b, he flipped

just another weekend on the softball field it sounds like

Leftie22

Star Player
he said the slide was clean, but dude had been talking **** the whole game so when dude took out the 2b, he flipped

just another weekend on the softball field it sounds like

The guy he was talking about does talk ALOT. However what nobody pays attention to is who he actually is talking to. It is very rare he talks to the other team. He is always messing and joking with his own teammates and the umpires. We all know that and just laugh and joke with him. Thats the first time anyone has gotten mad at him for it. We honestly thought they were mad bc they were getting toe drug

Stretch19

Grow up
im sure the fact yall were hitting it all over the field wherever you wanted to played into the frustration haha

dude said yall could have beaten anyone that game as well as you were hitting

Juicemn99

The Veteran
It was a very interesting weekend as far as the run totals go. Different from the last couple years, the ball really seemed to be travelling well. Everyone, but us that is, was able to make the most out of the bumps and it led to some high scoring games. In years past, when the wind was blowing in, you could leave a couple homeruns in the tank hitting from second base. I can honestly say every team we played was a solid team. We ran into an absolute buzzsaw Sunday morning in American Security. It may have just been that game, but it was one of the most impressive full swing offensive displays I've ever seen. They were barrelling up every ball 1-12. Normally, I'm against hitting 12, but when they are all swinging it, it can be easy to roll and they definitely made the most out of it. One of those games you just tip your cap. The MOB was a very good offensive team as well, I think they may have been built more for offense, but they were certainly a very good team. We (Mo' Crunch) have a very good team and we can beat you a lot of different ways. When we work out some defensive kinks and a couple guys find their swing (me included), we will be tough to beat. Unfortunately, we lost to two teams who just played a better game. It was fun to get out there and start working some of the kinks out. Going to be a fun year.

Country35

Banned User
Completely agree. The weather was good and teams really took advantage of it.

I think you're starting to see ball in the winter become more important now too. I used to go down there and be happy just to play. Now I wouldn't dream of going down without taking swings, and being semi ready to play.The event is becoming one of those ones you keep on the calendar and as freedom grows, this event does as well. Also, at least for C and below ball, you wouldn't think teams would travel and play in early feb unless they had a good squad.

Juicemn99

The Veteran
Absolutely! I have posted on here before, and I didn't see anything this year to change my mind, that this is the best event of the year. It would be nice if it was a little warmer, but this thing only gets better and the same can be said for the teams. The field is usually stronger than what you see in the Super World, which makes absolutely no sense at the end of January.