SP14L3....wow

Cuzn

Manager
^^^I'm hoping this is true. I'm not a fan of two piece bats but I wanna try this one out. I just bought one, so my fingers are crossed. BP session on Thursday.

LEROY

Addicted to Softballfans
Most definitely. If you want to hit it, let me know.

I bought one. I figured if I don't like it I can always flip it for something else. From what I am hearing and the dry hacks I took last week I should really enjoy it! Thanks again for the info earlier!

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought one. I figured if I don't like it I can always flip it for something else. From what I am hearing and the dry hacks I took last week I should really enjoy it! Thanks again for the info earlier!

I guess I didn't notice your sig haha not a problem, I'm glad to help

chris21

Addicted to Softballfans
took an L3 out of the wrapper last night...weather was around 55 by the time I put some swings on it. compression tested at 1750 out of the wrapper, so some good room for improvement. took 50 swings, all with used 52/300 balls. noticed a change in the sound after 10 swings. bat is REAL good from swing one. I'm thinking it's going to take a good 3-400 swings to get it to really open up and catch up with my broken in L4s and B3.

Rookie31

Addicted to Softballfans
took an L3 out of the wrapper last night...weather was around 55 by the time I put some swings on it. compression tested at 1750 out of the wrapper, so some good room for improvement. took 50 swings, all with used 52/300 balls. noticed a change in the sound after 10 swings. bat is REAL good from swing one. I'm thinking it's going to take a good 3-400 swings to get it to really open up and catch up with my broken in L4s and B3.

How do you like the B4?

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
Just grabbed an L3 gonna give it a run. I will be getting my 3 juggys, L3, and the new JH Legit on the same day.... Gonna have some swinging to do.

Pretty

Softball is cool
My 26oz L3 is sitting at my door, can't wait to get home. I really hope it lives to the hype, i would love to come back to Easton and move my Demarinis.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
I hit my 27 for the first time last night off a tee into my Bownet big mouth. I was hitting that and my 28oz J3A. The Demarini had maybe 100 cuts from an indoor practice a couple weeks before. The L3 felt like it had the same exit speed as the J3A but who really knows as I was hitting into a net off a tee. lol They both felt similar but I liked the L3 more I assume its because it was a touch lighter. I will be hitting both with live pitching outside this weekend and will report back. This Easton does show a ton of promise even if its only off a tee.

MB:biggthumpup:

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
My 26oz L3 is sitting at my door, can't wait to get home. I really hope it lives to the hype, i would love to come back to Easton and move my Demarinis.

**** Easton for trying to bone us with a 6 month warranty, but im glad they have fixed it and put it back to a year. The only reason I bought a Easton this year was because they back tracked and made things right. With all that said im not someone who is specific to one brand, if the L3 performs better than what I have coming I will sell it all and swing Easton. Its gonna be tough to out do my J3A, but I will go in with an open mind.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
**** Easton for trying to bone us with a 6 month warranty, but im glad they have fixed it and put it back to a year. The only reason I bought a Easton this year was because they back tracked and made things right. With all that said im not someone who is specific to one brand, if the L3 performs better than what I have coming I will sell it all and swing Easton. Its gonna be tough to out do my J3A, but I will go in with an open mind.

I agree on the warranty thing. And I think you will be surprised with the L3.

MB

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree on the warranty thing. And I think you will be surprised with the L3.

MB

I hope so bro, the 2 piece 12" barrel sold me. I bought an L4 last year and broke it in under 100 swings, so i sent it in and sold the WR. The L4 was an okay bat i didnt really get much opportunity to swing it but my J3A thrashed it. Im looking forward to swinging this though, as soon as i seen the specs I knew I would have to give it a shot.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Let guys on my league team swing it last night. All of them liked it and most of the team started to swing it by games' end.

Last edited:

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
How does it feel for weight? Heavy, about right? Trying to decide if I get a 27 or 28. Thanks. My Gamer for ASA has been 28 SCX3 for about 10 years now....

Thunder_Stick

Addicted to Softballfans
brought it out last night for a double-header (44/375 league) and used it as a team bat, team fell in love with the performance. Not too many of them were a fan of how end loaded it is, but I have 5 that just ordered down an ounce. This bat is becoming my new favorite, it's tough to put down the J3 but after going through 3 in the past year, this is showing some great durability.

Over the past couple of days I have purposely been putting this bat through hell only hitting 44/375s...I wanna see how much abuse this bat can take, I have another still in the wrapper. I stopped BPing with 52/300 at around the 500 mark, it has close to 650 on it now, so the last ~150 have been 44/375. The bat has some more webbing developing, no cracks, no end cap separation, no spiraling, so we'll see how long this will last.

DPHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine arrived today, going to take BP with 44/375's shortly. Word of advice for anyone ordering one, consider going down an oz...it's got a HUGE end load feel to it once you go to 27 and above. If I can, I'll grab a scale weight and post it. Also, noticeable EL between this and then my 26.5 LV1 which, I know, is a .5oz lighter...feels more like 1oz or 1.5oz.

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine arrived today, going to take BP with 44/375's shortly. Word of advice for anyone ordering one, consider going down an oz...it's got a HUGE end load feel to it once you go to 27 and above. If I can, I'll grab a scale weight and post it. Also, noticeable EL between this and then my 26.5 LV1 which, I know, is a .5oz lighter...feels more like 1oz or 1.5oz.

I got one coming, so let us know how it hits.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
brought it out last night for a double-header (44/375 league) and used it as a team bat, team fell in love with the performance. Not too many of them were a fan of how end loaded it is, but I have 5 that just ordered down an ounce. This bat is becoming my new favorite, it's tough to put down the J3 but after going through 3 in the past year, this is showing some great durability.

Over the past couple of days I have purposely been putting this bat through hell only hitting 44/375s...I wanna see how much abuse this bat can take, I have another still in the wrapper. I stopped BPing with 52/300 at around the 500 mark, it has close to 650 on it now, so the last ~150 have been 44/375. The bat has some more webbing developing, no cracks, no end cap separation, no spiraling, so we'll see how long this will last.

Post some pics of the webbing when you get done.

2bs-into-1bs

I hit like a little girl.
I finally hit my 28oz today. Only off of my tee though. I was slightly disappointed. It feels great swinging, but I like to feel and hear a crisp sound when I hit it, not a poof sound. Too soft a barrel for my liking. When I squared it up on the sweet spot it did sound and feel much better, so I probably just need to mess around with it some more. Do any of the other 2014 ASA Eastons (with an EL) have a crisper barrel? Anyone hit the L4 yet?

knight9er

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine has a vertical crack. Not lifting up but it catches my nail

I BP'd mine yesterday and it has a similar line running most of the way up the barrel. The line is almost perfectly vertical/straight however, it doesn't catch my finger nail so I am just going to tell myself its just webbing because its on its way to becoming my new gamer.

SvtRickey

Addicted to Softballfans
I BP'd mine yesterday and it has a similar line running most of the way up the barrel. The line is almost perfectly vertical/straight however, it doesn't catch my finger nail so I am just going to tell myself its just webbing because its on its way to becoming my new gamer.

I believe it's the seam of the bat. Mine did this with maybe 150 hits on it. It runs the length of the barrel, hasn't hurt the performance or durability.

cmo27

Local Celebrity
Just picked up a 28oz from the SBF store. Should be here Monday or Tuesday. Gonna hit it along side my 13' LV1 this week.

Doug

Old and Grumpy
I have a 27 on the way. SRV3 was my bat of choice during 2012 season (league used 44/375) and started last year (52/300 since then) with L4 & L6 but the J3A spoiled me. Looking forward to hitting with the L3, but it's got some pretty tough competition with the J3A, Cluggy and Future already in my bag.