jk22

Humpty Dumpty was Pushed.....
1 piece Ronin.
Any info on this?
Never swung a Flex model yet...
17 model had IMX instead...2018-03-23 15.54.01.jpg

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Same as last year's (12" barrel, balanced) but TCT composite with Flex technology.

Chain store up here in Canada has an exclusive 1-piece with 12" barrel, but it's endloaded.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Similar performance to the dual stamp Reckoning. Obviously a stiffer feel as it’s a one piece. I believe that one is a 12” endload version. If so, in the one I tried, the endload was almost non existent. Supposedly there is a two piece version as well which I heard is basically the same bat as the dual stamp Reckoning but balanced, but I have not seen it yet.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm getting a wegman for my return. I assumed I'd be getting this, but I'm not upset about it.

4xtra

Player/Coach
My 2016 Flex U is hot at the 500ish mark. It keeps up with my 2000ish hit 15 Kirby. I wonder if this is the same composite as the 16
That sounds about right....
For what ever reason, the 16FlexU gets hot way faster than the 16Blk/Gold Helmer.
The 16Flex is the real deal after 500+.
I have 2 blk and gold's and one has 2200+ and it is VERY nice........ Kills any ball.
fyi
the 16kirby has the standard IMX in which I really like as well.
Very underrated but you absolutely have to be patient because they take 2000+ to get ready.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
That sounds about right....
For what ever reason, the 16FlexU gets hot way faster than the 16Blk/Gold Helmer.
The 16Flex is the real deal after 500+.
I have 2 blk and gold's and one has 2200+ and it is VERY nice........ Kills any ball.
fyi
the 16kirby has the standard IMX in which I really like as well.
Very underrated but you absolutely have to be patient because they take 2000+ to get ready.

SIS team edition is another TCT model that takes a while to get hot. When it does good things happen though.

Quinn18

Part Time Player
SIS team edition is another TCT model that takes a while to get hot. When it does good things happen though.
Thank you for that input! I literally just put one up for sale cuz it wasn’t opening up! I’ll hack away at it some more I guess!

ShortYellowBus

Thank you for that input! I literally just put one up for sale cuz it wasn’t opening up! I’ll hack away at it some more I guess!
Hit the harder balls to get it opened up sooner.

I know everyone is raving how good the Helmer Flex from 2017 is, but this SIS Team Edition is right there. A lot of people missed out on this bat.

jk22

Same as last year's (12" barrel, balanced) but TCT composite with Flex technology.

Chain store up here in Canada has an exclusive 1-piece with 12" barrel, but it's endloaded.

How does it compare vs IMX? . Not sure what the major differences are between the 2 technologies.?

D-ROCK13

TCT is a softer barrel that opens up much much faster than IMX. Obviously it isn't as durable as IMX because of this. I haven't swung a TCT bat I didn't like yet

jk22

TCT is a softer barrel that opens up much much faster than IMX. Obviously it isn't as durable as IMX because of this. I haven't swung a TCT bat I didn't like yet
Where does the "Flex" part play it role? Is it a 2 piece feel in a one piece?
To me, It basically looks an feels like a "17" repaint, with Flex stamped on it...

ShortYellowBus

TCT starts out stiff, like the IMX bats. Flex has a more softer barrel, a substantial difference.

The break in is accelerated with TCT. 400-500 hits makes them great, but the more hits the better. I highly recommend picking up a used TCT bat for bp.

People are just foolishly selling them cheap. I’m guilty of that.

400-500 hits on a bat with TCT Flex tech makes the bat fail compression testing. Everything hit well goes far.

D-ROCK13

I stand corrected. lol And to change my previous statement, I haven't swung a TCT Flex bat I didn't like, yet. never swung a torq, real tree, or sis team edition

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Where does the "Flex" part play it role? Is it a 2 piece feel in a one piece?
To me, It basically looks an feels like a "17" repaint, with Flex stamped on it...

The "Flex" bats are just marketed as having lower compression out of the wrapper. They seem to break in faster but there is no real "flexy" feel. Just a softer barrel than your typical Easton, but still not as soft as other manufacturers.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm in a 2-4 week wait for the Wegman which I no longer assume they're actually waiting for. I've called a few times to try and get a different model, but have hung up after waiting on hold. I need to call earlier.

D-ROCK13

I found online chat or email to be a lot simpler, and I haven't had any trouble getting the return I want, as long as they aren't backordered. I cannot stand waiting on hold though

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm in a 2-4 week wait for the Wegman which I no longer assume they're actually waiting for. I've called a few times to try and get a different model, but have hung up after waiting on hold. I need to call earlier.
Try emailing Jamie Hooper or ask to speak with her if calling, if she still with Easton cs she was very helpful and prompt the last time I had an issue

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did the live chat and the substitution options I got were all asa only except for the alloy Ronin. I'll wait on a Wegman before I take a single wall.

I'll try that if they ever answer. I don't mind throwing on speaker phone and doing something else, but I haven't had enough down time to do it.

D-ROCK13

I don't blame you on the single wall. They gave me an option of any mainline bat they had in stock through email but that was a few months ago and for a combat return

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll see if I can get Jamie's email. I emailed the person that sent me my ra# and she's never replied. I got an out of office reply once.

jk22

I did the live chat and the substitution options I got were all asa only except for the alloy Ronin. I'll wait on a Wegman before I take a single wall.

I'll try that if they ever answer. I don't mind throwing on speaker phone and doing something else, but I haven't had enough down time to do it.
Which ASA options did they offer ya? Just Curious...