Specs on Optimus leather?

I can't find any details on the Optimus leather as to its thickness and origin. Does anyone know?

How about the Limited Series? I think this is 5oz.

Thank you.

Last edited:

charlied

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know much about leather but I have a new Optimus and the leather is tough, it is taking awhile to break it in. Glove is amazing, well worth the $280 but I don't have much high end glove experience.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
Hmm... maybe I need into looking at getting a custom optimus instead of a 13in Glovesmith usa. I really wish they had different colors then what they do. I like the Tobacco but would love to see chocolate, camel, or a classic tan. Id like to have a BR44 pattern in the optimus leather but measure 13.5.

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
^ TJ with a mesh back would be the move. The Tobacco really is gorgeous and develops a great patina. The Opti leather is heavy, only reason I'm recommending mesh on larger gloves...

charlied

Addicted to Softballfans
I usually don't care much about color but I don't like the all black so much.

You can get other colours on it. I have a black one with blue rope ( sorry I forget what they call the strings they put it together with, haha. Going thru brain stuff right now. Haha) and the Vinci label is blue too. Someone you order one from should be able to do it for you.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I have a walnut 13.25" open back Optimis, no mesh but I have gamed it over my traps so that should tell you how good it is. I think there is a BR46 in black Optimus on the Vinci web site but they are very big

mikgars

Manager
The Walnut is a nice color. This one measured out at 12.75 and was 1.4oz lighter than the true to size, meshed back, limited leather BR46 I had. It is a thick and stiff leather, if I had to guess I would have said its a steerhide and not a kip leather.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
^ TJ with a mesh back would be the move. The Tobacco really is gorgeous and develops a great patina. The Opti leather is heavy, only reason I'm recommending mesh on larger gloves...

Because of the weight of the Optimus leather when mesh is used Vinci must add additional material to support the mesh. The additional material negates any weight advantage the mesh glove may have had. It actually puts them close to the same weight.