Sports55: Caveat emptor

modernitysucks

Addicted to Softballfans
Historicity: Am sponsor of Rabid Bats outta Indpls. Have used Sports55 for last 3 yrs. 1st yr as co-sponsor of R3 and last 2 for us. Had a few complaints, but all were equitably resolved. Not so this yr. Ordered unis n paid for in full Jan 2011. Wore their logo as we finished 3rd in North State/2nd in South State/Worlds/Super Worlds and finished 3rd in national points for all IN D tms. Never received our 2nd pr of pants and one of our jerseys was greenish when should've been basic black. (Never wore it 'cause it sucked). Contact/emails back and forth resulted in co-owner John Eberl agreeing in Jul 2011 to a refund of $926.80. Subsequent contacts reaffirmed the refund and said would be sent shortly...blahblahblah. Today is 15 Oct 2011 and still no refund. Stop me when I'm lying.

DO NOT USE SPORTS55: THEY ARE A DUPLICITIOUS, LYING, CUSTOMER CAN EAD, EXCUSE MAKING, FLY BY NIGHT BUNCH OF THIEVES!!!!!

Just so there is no misunderstanding Mr. John Eberl, I'm talking 'bout you. And please don't have an underling get on here and try to misrepresent. I have copies of all our correspondence. John - you brought this on yourself, and I will bash you and Sports55 on every SB msg brd I know in order to prevent others from having their hard earned money and trust being stolen and dishonored. All you had to do was refund our $$$ in a timely manner. But NOOOO...........

DO NOT USE SPORTS55 - BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Mike Schuck
Sponsor - Rabid Bats

jneff24

Addicted to Softballfans
Company is trash, this is nothing new.

My team paid in full for uniforms we never got until the season was already over.

Don't know why anyone would deal with them.

KC16

MOP
its pretty crazy, here in MD many teams are very happy with their service, others, not so much.

PracticeSquad7

Addicted to Softballfans
Your vocabulary far exceeds the average user's. This would lead me to believe you have educated yourself more than the average user. How then, does the average user know how to research GTG companies, and you do not? :rolleyes: Try searching Sports55 and see how many people have positive experiences - you won't find many. Try CA Gear or Wicked next year.

modernitysucks

Addicted to Softballfans
Uh... thanks I guess Practice Squad. It's about loyalty 'til facts prove different.
Facts are now in and loyalty is not in Sports55 lexicon. I'll accept being abused, folded, spindled and mutilated, but being used is unacceptable.

WhitePhins

MYSTERY MAN
My team also ordered uniforms from them and was willing to pick the uniforms up from them to save shipping cost. All we have from March 2011 is our jerseys to this day we have never received our pants or nothing like that. We are a local team they are screwing and everybody local knows what they are about.

-TheHook-

Addicted to Softballfans
You hate to resort to litigation since everything in this world goes that way anymore, but these idiots need their ass sued off. Afterwards they need their ass kicked. Ridiculous.

-TheHook-

Addicted to Softballfans
They always have treated my teams just fine.

That's just it. They pick and choose who they'll do good work for. I've seen teams in our own area that have had fine experiences with them, but then the next week I'll see 5 teams that have been screwed. More and more all the stories I'm hearing are bad. Sad really. How they've stayed in business this long is a mystery. :confused:

modernitysucks

Addicted to Softballfans
You hate to resort to litigation since everything in this world goes that way anymore, but these idiots need their ass sued off. Afterwards they need their ass kicked. Ridiculous.

Problem is: I can sue either here in Indpls or there in Severna Park, MD. Either way they will no show/or I will no show. No show means default win. File here and I win by default, big deal - now I have to collect the $$$ from them and w/o knowing where they bank - that's darn near an impossibility. AND THEY KNOW THAT! Thinking 'bout filing here, winning by default and then sending the judgement to every bank in MD. One of 'em has to be their bank.

webbie44

Star Player
Historicity: Am sponsor of Rabid Bats outta Indpls. Have used Sports55 for last 3 yrs. 1st yr as co-sponsor of R3 and last 2 for us. Had a few complaints, but all were equitably resolved. Not so this yr. Ordered unis n paid for in full Jan 2011. Wore their logo as we finished 3rd in North State/2nd in South State/Worlds/Super Worlds and finished 3rd in national points for all IN D tms. Never received our 2nd pr of pants and one of our jerseys was greenish when should've been basic black. (Never wore it 'cause it sucked). Contact/emails back and forth resulted in co-owner John Eberl agreeing in Jul 2011 to a refund of $926.80. Subsequent contacts reaffirmed the refund and said would be sent shortly...blahblahblah. Today is 15 Oct 2011 and still no refund. Stop me when I'm lying.

DO NOT USE SPORTS55: THEY ARE A DUPLICITIOUS, LYING, CUSTOMER CAN EAD, EXCUSE MAKING, FLY BY NIGHT BUNCH OF THIEVES!!!!!

Just so there is no misunderstanding Mr. John Eberl, I'm talking 'bout you. And please don't have an underling get on here and try to misrepresent. I have copies of all our correspondence. John - you brought this on yourself, and I will bash you and Sports55 on every SB msg brd I know in order to prevent others from having their hard earned money and trust being stolen and dishonored. All you had to do was refund our $$$ in a timely manner. But NOOOO...........

DO NOT USE SPORTS55 - BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Mike Schuck
Sponsor - Rabid Bats

Has John threatened to sue you for "slander" yet? Here is the path to my posts regarding Sports 55: SoftballFans.com > Softball Discussions > Uniforms, Logos and More > Other Uniform Companies
Avoid sports 55! You may find it interesting reading. I kept all email correspondence and shipping notices from S55. I posted many of his recent emails to me on the forum...I would be interested in reading his emails to you....Oh yea, it apparently makes him mad when I ask others to post their email correspondence from him....I should be getting some more threats soon after this

modernitysucks

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey webbie44. Thanks for the input. Slander? Fr John Eberl? LMAO! As I stated, "Stop me when I'm lying." Slander would involve false statements, ergo, I HOPE he does sue, but he and I know that isn't going to happen. Sorry, but am going to keep email and all correspondence 'twixt John Eberl and myself private for the moment. Now if Mr. Eberl would care to share...we'd all be enlightened. I'll check out your posts.

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
I wonder if all the teams that have been screwed by Sports 55 could do a class act suit against them????? There are many teams that could testify. Some of the guys that have done credit card charge backs might know who they bank with???

spos21ram

The Legend
Bored at work today and have been reading all these NGTG Sports55 threads and although I've never order from them I am so pissed off for the guys that have been screwd over that I want to personally knock all John's teeth out then piss on him.

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
i wonder how many SBFers even know what caveat emptor means. i'm going to guess less than 5%

Schiffy

Problem is: I can sue either here in Indpls or there in Severna Park, MD. Either way they will no show/or I will no show. No show means default win. File here and I win by default, big deal - now I have to collect the $$$ from them and w/o knowing where they bank - that's darn near an impossibility. AND THEY KNOW THAT! Thinking 'bout filing here, winning by default and then sending the judgement to every bank in MD. One of 'em has to be their bank.

talk about hitting them where it hurts... LOL