Spray on clear coat

mark3a

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought an Avarice over the weekend. I also saw where the paint is flaking off of some of these. I was wondering if anybody had tried spraying on clear coat to try to stop the flaking.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't heard of anyone trying, and I think it'd just make a mess more than help the problem honestly.

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
Some people use spray adhesive on the barrel. Technically it's illegal, but most all of the pro's do it.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Didn't know if it'd have the same effect as the clear coat to get hard and protect it. I'm curious about this spray adhesive thing. I may give that a whirl.

BEEJ

Below Me
patiently waiting for joker to come in here to tell you you're a cheater.............

mark3a

Addicted to Softballfans
patiently waiting for joker to come in here to tell you you're a cheater.............

That's why I was asking about clear coat and not 77 spray. I thought clear coat would protect the bat, but also would stay dry and not come off on the ball or add unnatural spin to the ball.

I probably won't do anything, I just hate that the bat may look like crap after a couple hundred swings.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
If I were to guess the clear coat would dry really really slick. May put a whole bunch of spin on it, or may cause a lot of knuckling balls from no spin.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
avarice........I dont see it mattering. the bat will be hot and probably in two pieces by the time paint flecking becomes an issue.

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
I had paint flaking off from the 4th swing. Now, I got over 500 on it and it hasn't gotten any worse.

80b45418.jpg

159e74d0.jpg

c734c919.jpg

If you ever want to clean it off, you can use a small amount of goo gone or a mr. clean magic eraser. I haven't clean this bat since about 100 swings.

LSU_MJL

WHO DAT!!!
I haven't heard of anyone trying, and I think it'd just make a mess more than help the problem honestly.

This. I tried it on a OG Scott Brown. Paint flacked much, much worse. Couldn't clean it for crap either. I wouldn't recommend it.