SSAA has started putting screens up and it is an out if you hit it...

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
Thanks to all you stupid fricken glass swinging cheaters out there, the biggest hole on the field has now been closed off due to a damn screen. If it hits any part of the screen it is an out. WTF!!! Let's just start playing fricken whiffle ball. I bet there won't be a 5 man down there now in any game. Would be stupid to have one seeing as how the middle is already closed with the screen.

/rant.

jtodd

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been playing in savannah for years with a screen up and its not that wide so you can still shoot middle. That's where I hit 90% of my base hits.

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
I have been playing in savannah for years with a screen up and its not that wide so you can still shoot middle. That's where I hit 90% of my base hits.

BUT STILL!!! Now that easy one hopper to the pitcher that is a DP is now a dead ball out. WTF.

rexdp10

Manager
last year you could use a screen if both teams wanted too, but if one team didn't then you wouldn't use the screen. Has this now changed...???

guess we will see on saturday...

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
last year you could use a screen if both teams wanted too, but if one team didn't then you wouldn't use the screen. Has this now changed...???

He said that the complex has enough screens to cover all the fields now.

Eballhero

<font color="#0000EE">SBF Fund Donor</font>
I remember the same

last year, we played in the e and never played one game with the screen, so i am not real sure what the deal is.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
44/525 i think...and the best part is 0 HR, IEO

Damn thats alot of ball with no hrs, they should switch to the 52/275s and not use a screen. Atleast you could still play the game the way its supposed to be played.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
When they are using those balls and those HR rules, the screen is like keeping a dog from biting by removing all of its teeth. It accomplishes the goal, but it's overkill and dumb as hell.

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
Lots of ghey in here. Can't they just mandate the pitcher to wear a helmet. Just my opinion.

Exactly. I have my Faceoff and a pair of shinguards just to feel comfortable. I mean, I can field it just fine, but there is always one or two that you just absolutely don't see. Fricken retarded.

rjp217

Beer Me
Exactly. I have my Faceoff and a pair of shinguards just to feel comfortable. I mean, I can field it just fine, but there is always one or two that you just absolutely don't see. Fricken retarded.

Sounds like you would be a better director than the one making the rules.

ckelley7

Addicted to Softballfans
Jamie since u wont be needing that new Vinci of urs bc they have the screen up, go ahead and send it to good ole Mt Airy to ur boy Kelley!

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
SSAA is going downhill now. This is no good

I don't think it is like this in NC. I mean, he sat there and told me that it was because he had two pitchers almost die last year. I am sorry, but that is on HIM. He should change the fricken ball to a .52/275, or even a good .44/375 and get that damn screen out of the way. OR, use the .47/525, and go to metal. Not a hard concept.

rexdp10

Manager
agreed....just to note it's "up to" 47/525...but i think that is what they end up selling at the tourny...plus all you need to do is be over 50 to swing a senior stick

AJ22

Super Moderator
Thanks to all you stupid fricken glass swinging cheaters out there, the biggest hole on the field has now been closed off due to a damn screen. If it hits any part of the screen it is an out. WTF!!! Let's just start playing fricken whiffle ball. I bet there won't be a 5 man down there now in any game. Would be stupid to have one seeing as how the middle is already closed with the screen.

/rant.

Yeah .. go ahead and blame it on 'the glass'.

You do realize that the manufacturers made bats that when fully broken in exceed said limits that are set by each association ? Swinging 'the glass' has changed the game no doubt about it. But, so has composite.

BTW ... hitting the screen if its not there is like hitting at the pitcher. He has a glove and increases your chances of getting out.

My advice .. don't hit the screen. Hit above the screen ..

IJS ...

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
agreed....just to note it's "up to" 47/525...but i think that is what they end up selling at the tourny...plus all you need to do is be over 50 to swing a senior stick

Wow, what's next in the world of cheating? Grey hair dye and fake id's to be able to swing a legal shaved bat?

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD

Wow this is a tourny and they're using screens?

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
Yeah .. go ahead and blame it on 'the glass'.

You do realize that the manufacturers made bats that when fully broken in exceed said limits that are set by each association ? Swinging 'the glass' has changed the game no doubt about it. But, so has composite.

BTW ... hitting the screen if its not there is like hitting at the pitcher. He has a glove and increases your chances of getting out.
My advice .. don't hit the screen. Hit above the screen ..

IJS ...

Yes he does have a glove, but there is room for human error. Not an automatic out. Also, I am a pitcher and it takes away the fact that I can turn a dp and get out of an inning instead of it being a DBO and them having another shot at starting a rally. We have played with .44/525's here locally in SSO (a local weekly organization) for the last 5 years, and guess how many pitchers have been seriously injured..... NONE. These are guys that hit it hard with no bat control, so it's not like your run of the mill normal E player.

Trung1130

FREE AGENT FOR LIFE
47/525's with these bats :eek:. Come on now.....you're using rocks...learn some bat control and hit somewhere else.