Other stepping off 3rd

Pepe Silvia

Addicted to Softballfans
Then get the guys on the team to stop hitting at them? Don't bat them in front of hard hitters with no control?

If the girls are that bad, they're probably not getting on base much anyway.

And of course this weekend, in coed, I get pitched inside and rip the **** out of the ball down the line right into my pitcher's thigh. Glad it wasn't a girl. Also glad it wasn't any higher. He had almost no time to move.

Got a free single for myself (he was on base in fair territory), but first was empty so he couldn't even score and go sit down.

MichelleG

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd say about half the girls in the league were players. 25 percent were ok and 25percent (including 2 on my team) would be lucky if they made it to first without tripping. Everybody is allowed to play ball even if they are terrible. I joined because my gf wanted to play with me so we jumped on a team.

Pretty close to that around here as well, although I'd say it's more like 10% girls with no skills. (although they do know the basics at least) I'm just busting your chops because I'm tired of all the rants about co-ed. If you think co-ed is lame....don't play.....simple as that. I HAVE to play co-ed if I want to play as much as I do. (5 times a week) Womens leagues are few and far between, and quite frankly, co-ed is more competetive. If you play co-ed, please don't ***** about the women. Yes there are women who are lousy, but most of THOSE girls play to spend time with their boyfriends/husbands. If it makes for family togetherness....I'm all for it. But be warned.....I WILL shoot at your weak gal in right field. ijs. :D

spos21ram

The Legend
Pretty close to that around here as well, although I'd say it's more like 10% girls with no skills. (although they do know the basics at least) I'm just busting your chops because I'm tired of all the rants about co-ed. If you think co-ed is lame....don't play.....simple as that. I HAVE to play co-ed if I want to play as much as I do. (5 times a week) Womens leagues are few and far between, and quite frankly, co-ed is more competetive. If you play co-ed, please don't ***** about the women. Yes there are women who are lousy, but most of THOSE girls play to spend time with their boyfriends/husbands. If it makes for family togetherness....I'm all for it. But be warned.....I WILL shoot at your weak gal in right field. ijs. :D

Co-ed for Women is great. You get to play better competition and against men

Co-ed for men is awful :)

TheLacinStation

Addicted to Softballfans
Co-ed for Women is great. You get to play better competition and against men

Co-ed for men is awful :)

I think the experience in co-ed depends entirely on attitude, especially if the competition is not that great. When I play co-ed, I play different positions in the field and work on placing the ball when hitting. I try to work on the things that will make me a better player when I am playing in a more competitive game/league/tournament. Basically, it's live practice. But, down a run late, I will still hit at the girl watching butterflies in right field.