STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
Well, still finalizing the roster, and it'll be interesting, with a lot of new faces. Hopefully those that reached out interested in playing, still want to come out.

CA0

Starting Player
So who has a piece of turf I can use when it warms up in a few days to hit BP off of. The ground is going to be a mess for awhile after all this snow and the thaw. Hate this time of year because of this.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
So who has a piece of turf I can use when it warms up in a few days to hit BP off of. The ground is going to be a mess for awhile after all this snow and the thaw. Hate this time of year because of this.

Go buy a piece of horse stall matting. It's basically the same thing as gym flooring only cheaper. It's like 1/2'' think so it doesn't move.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
They make me want to learn to play the guitar.................and they likely put Gio to shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz9VyggeSbA

I use to play this song (The Trooper) in a previous band. It's cool to see girls that can really play. I would however ask them to play other genre's of music and smile as they scratch their heads in wonder or ask them to explain what they're playing theoretically to see the extent of their music theory knowledge.

My guess is they're like the other 85% of guitar players out there that copy and play and don't really know the value of the notes they play.

Last edited:

doublebagel

Manager
I use to play this song (The Trooper) in a previous band. It's cool to see girls that can really play. I would however ask them to play other genre's of music and smile as they scratch their heads in wonder or ask them to explain what they're playing theoretically to see the extent of their music theory knowledge.

My guess is they're like the other 85% of guitar players out there that copy and play and don't really know the value of the notes they play.

They're in a Iron Maiden cover band called the Iron Maidens.......I'm willing to bet they have a pretty high musical IQ. Way to downplay the female music collective lol

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
They're in a Iron Maiden cover band called the Iron Maidens.......I'm willing to bet they have a pretty high musical IQ. Way to downplay the female music collective lol

I didn't downplay.. I'm just stating a fact. I talk with a lot of musicians and guitarists and TBH quite a few of them know the basics but don't dive deep into really knowing what they're playing. In fact.. A lot of them play by ear.

Iron Maiden stuff is pretty cool and actually pretty easy to play.. Real Talk. A lot of what they play is Power Chords or in other words 5th's while mixing between minor and major progressions. For example.. Let's take the song at hand: "The Trooper" which is played in a minor key/Em.. moving from Em to D major to C major to Em with an added G (flat 3rd in the scale) So the progression is prime for using an Em Pentatonic (5th scale) or 3rd Position Aeolian, or a modified Phrygian. C being the b6th degree, D being the b7th degree.

Last edited:

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
So bascially what I'm saying is that if you know how to play a G maj scale, you can play an Em because Em is the relative minor (resolve) of G maj. If you extend a C maj scale to it's 3rd it's Em (relative minor) If you extended the D7 (mixolydian) to the next note.. Again.. The relative minor is Em. So I've just explained off of the top of my head theoretically how to just play or relate musically "The Trooper" to other guitar players without playing one note for them.

doublebagel

Manager
I could teach you..

For a small fee. :thumb:

How+About+No.jpg

joker47

Addicted to Softballfans
anyone have any bats for sale....looking for something in a 26oz

I might sell my ST100... Having trouble unloading my Canadian catty and I want a UTrip AM... I can just keep the catty for BP then... Still not sure though! I don't all these bats as this year is the last playing full time.. My son is starting T-ball this year. And next year I hope to help with whatever team he plays..

I'm also returning my broken ST this week, so whatever's coming as a return will likely be for sale also

T Ripp

<font color="gray">GDC SILVER STATUS MEMBER</font>
I might sell my ST100... Having trouble unloading my Canadian catty and I want a UTrip AM... I can just keep the catty for BP then... Still not sure though! I don't all these bats as this year is the last playing full time.. My son is starting T-ball this year. And next year I hope to help with whatever team he plays..

I'm also returning my broken ST this week, so whatever's coming as a return will likely be for sale also

I'll be there Saturday with my UFlip...