STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

I wasn't serious about Vapor sandbagging. Only joking because someone was complaining on the moboards... They're a good team, and made a good comeback against us. We just stopped hitting too soom.

I know, it was a very good game. Even Scotty was like "that's a tough first game" and I told him "Yeah, for them." Can't stand it when teams beat themselves mentally before the game even begins. 4 runs in 5 innings wasn't going to do it, you're right we just stopped after getting up big. Like Doug Armstrong said, you have to put a knife through the eye, into the brain, and kill them! Metaphorically of course....

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
Who's the expert at making a bracket. I need a 3 game guarantee, 10 team bracket on 2 fields. Ive drafted a couple up to start at 8am with the ship at 7pm. But one of the teams in the losers bracket would be playing from 2-7 with no breaks. I cant seem to get around it. I know there will be some complaining, but i guess dont get in the losers bradket if u dont wanna play nonstop back to back, lol

mattroush22

Addicted to Softballfans
You were like like a myth Saturday. Heard you but never saw you. Lol

I heard about you, then was told you were not playing. Then I saw you hit a dinger. Then congratulated you. Then was told it was an HRO. I was all like, "Still a dinger".

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
Printyourbrackets.com top left gives you the choice of what type you want

I used that to print a bracket out. I have it filled out but i was looking for some kind of auto generator to fill it in and assign fields and times and what not, spreading stuff out evenly.

galgadot

It's an early start, but I'm ready to move on...

http://youtu.be/U7fjDS0jKiE

One of the biggest tournaments in the state. Look them up on FB and post you're looking to play
o.png
:ban:

DirtBags35

My tea is doing a fundraiser if anyone is interested we are doing March madness squares just like super bowl. 10$ a square we will draw numbers on Wednesday before tourney and you keep those numbers through out the tourney and we are paying out 10$ a GAME for all games of the tourney except the play-in games, so you can win multiple times

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Us too. O'fallon early bird qualifier.

I'm sure there will be a lot of teams in that tournament as per usual. As of right now there's only 4 teams registered for the "Wearing of the Green" tournament at BMAC that day. Kinda sucks that we're not playing NSA this season. :(

Tip8

Hits BOMBS in League
My sons 9u baseball team is doing a March Madness bracket through cbspsorts.com

$3 for 1 bracket entry

$5 for 2 bracket entries

Send me your email address and I will send you the login info

Thanks

Prizes:

1st place: 2-Tickets to choice of 3 St. Louis Cardinal games (6 tickets total)

Choice of:

May 26 vs. Diamondbacks

June 2 vs. Brewers

June 30 vs. White Sox

July 27 vs. Reds

2nd Place: 2 tickets to one St. Louis Cardinals game.

2nd place receives the game the first place winner does not choose

I'm sure there will be a lot of teams in that tournament as per usual. As of right now there's only 4 teams registered for the "Wearing of the Green" tournament at BMAC that day. Kinda sucks that we're not playing NSA this season. :(

Grab another team and come play at SV on the 21st instead. :)

southpaw15

Addicted to Softballfans
Have you guys tried the Mako or the Torq? These new barrels are the real deal, they only took about 150 swings or so and I'd be more than comfortable using them in a game. I prefer the 12" barrel, but they are both nice. I've got the SBE ASP ready to go now too, with a LBE on its way soon to get broken in. I love knowing I can keep swinging them in BP and not worry about breaking them or failing compression. Hopefully it dries out sometime in the near future to be able to get some swings outside and see how the ball travels off them.

Last edited:
Have you guys tried the Mako or the Torq? These new barrels are the real deal, they only took about 150 swings or so and I'd be more than comfortable using them in a game. I prefer the 12" barrel, but they are both nice. I've got the SBE ASP ready to go now too, with a LBE on its way soon to get broken in. I love knowing I can keep swinging them in BP and not worry about breaking them or failing compression. Hopefully it dries out sometime in the near future to be able to get some swings outside and see how the ball travels off them.

I've swung the utrip Realtree, 26 oz. Felt good, only had 15 or so swings when I used it but the exit speed was decent. Will be curious to see the distance you can get. I've seen someone else use a Torq, but not I.

CA0

Starting Player

My new asp helmer came in today and will have last years asp tomorrow can't wait to break them in next week. Now I got to get the Torq from my sponsor and I will be set lol.