STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

southpaw15

Addicted to Softballfans
Easton

Easton bats this year seem to be really strong, and much less break in time than in the past. I've put about 250 swings on a Kirby, it's webbed up nice and ball is jumping off the bat. Wegman has about 175 swings, it's got a few lines of webbing, but needs about another 25-50 swings and it will be right there as well. I just got the Mako Torq this past week and after 100 swings you can tell a big difference from the 1st swing. The new Mako barrels seem to be what everyone is really liking. I know a few guys from Laservision are raving about the Realtree Mako, 13.5" barrel and they love it. I'm hoping to get the A_S_P models soon and get some swings on them. I know Ian had a few Eastons out this past week at BP with his guys.

If anyone is looking for a 27oz B1 or 26oz L1 from last year, let me know. I've also got a 28oz ST100 I would sell, maybe 75 swings on it. I've got a 26oz IZ Psycho and 27oz ASA Psycho as well from last year. I'm looking to sell a few bats, needing some cash after all my medical bills are finally paid off. I got cleared of all medical issues (heart, kidney, migraine, knee) in December for the 1st time in 2 years. I'm happy to have insurance, but it's amazing what procedures are "Covered" by insurance and then find out later it's only partially covered. Well, about $12K later I'm debt free, and almost bank account free....LOL!!

I've got a few LHT gloves for sale also if anyone is interested. PM on here on email me at [email protected] if you're interested in anything.

stlsnappers

Albino Electrician
The lobster Mac n Cheese at the 1904 Steakhouse is the ****znit.. The event center is nice think you will enjoy your time at River City ask the bellman or front desk while the wifey isnt paying attention get them to bring chocolate covered strawberries (should be free still) to your room just helping a fellow player out player you'll thank me later ;)

Thanks for the tips brotha!! ;)

Hitnlines

Starting Player
Anybody know of somewhere in the St. Louis/ Illinois area where i could do some indoor bp with real softballs? Ive got a few bats i need to work on breaking in.

Quite a few Balls N Strikes in the area, some other indoor cages I don't remember the names of off hand. Gotta bring your own softballs to hit if you want real ones though.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
heres another tip, don't make another kid. lol

diy-vasectomy-magnet.jpg

Hitnlines

Starting Player
Quite a few Balls N Strikes in the area, some other indoor cages I don't remember the names of off hand. Gotta bring your own softballs to hit if you want real ones though.

Looking for somewhere that would possibly have a pitching machine. Ive been working odd hours and having trouble finding someone to go with me.

Tip8

Hits BOMBS in League
Ok so I have a "real" baseball" question (little league)

So my son(9u) is pretty good at baseball but is having a little issue with his swing. He has a swing exactly like Matt Holliday. He swings almost to level. My son cuts the crap out of the ball. Out of 10 pitches 7 are good but then when he misses the ball its a 6 hopper somewhere. My question is do I not ness with it since its working most of the time or try and correct it to more of a actually baseball swing? Just worried it might cause him to pop up the ball more. He very rarely hits the ball in the air.

mattroush22

Addicted to Softballfans

So my son(9u) is pretty good at baseball but is having a little issue with his swing. He has a swing exactly like Matt Holliday. He swings almost to level. My son cuts the crap out of the ball. Out of 10 pitches 7 are good but then when he misses the ball its a 6 hopper somewhere. My question is do I not ness with it since its working most of the time or try and correct it to more of a actually baseball swing? Just worried it might cause him to pop up the ball more. He very rarely hits the ball in the air.

Hidden brag post...

"Yea, my kid hits like Matt Holliday.... "

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans

Try to Correct it now. It will be easier to correct now than it will be in 4 years. Remember the swing path should be slightly upwards as to follow the path of the ball coming in.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
While we're in the helping mood, anyone playing at Elk's on the 21st and need a guy?

My wife will be out of town and I wouldn't mind being able to play some softball that weekend.

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
don't forget Matt Holliday lead the league in ground ball double plays lol

If you keep the hands where they are but add a bit of a shoulder lean back it will put the bat on the proper path. Do you have video with multiple swings?

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
No.....I need to get some on video next sunday at practice

Do that, preferably from the side. And it will be easier to see. But this will give you an idea of what Im talking about.

YADIER MOLINA Slow Motion Baseball Swing Home Run Hitting Mechanics 1000...: [ame]http://youtu.be/hduKnosGUmQ[/ame]

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
Try to Correct it now. It will be easier to correct now than it will be in 4 years. Remember the swing path should be slightly upwards as to follow the path of the ball coming in.

I have never heard that....ever. the physics of the strike zone and not dropping your hands alone should prevent you from swinging upward. I was always taught to swing down to meet the ball, and I was a line drive hitter. My air to ground ratio was prolly 50% on outs made.