STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
I saw a raffle on one of the fb sites yesterday. It was 11 numbers, $100 a number. 1st place got a z4k, 2nd place got a dc-41 i think and 3rd got a backpack. Does that seem crazy or what? And it filled up in a matter of minutes. Think i found team fundraising ideas!

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok, its a z3k plus. Whatever that is. Apparently worth $700 or something? Thats what 1st place got.

southpaw15

Addicted to Softballfans
Durability really only depends on how long you want to swing a bat. If you're a guy that likes the newest bat, or wants to try something different, what good is durability to you? If you only play a few league nights, a few tournaments, durability isn't high on your priority list either. If you do however play a lot of tournaments, take a lot of BP, and let other people swing your bats, suddenly durability is important to you. Personally, durability doesn't matter to me. I prefer 2-piece bats, and something that flexes so I can feel the ball off my bat. I have over 4500 swings on my OG 100H I got in 2012. I've hit mostly stadium ZN's, Launch 650, Evil Long Haul tour balls, Blue Dots, and Classic M ZN's with it, and it still passes compression at 225-230, depending on the tournament and who calibrated the tester. For me, this is the best bat for my swing and preference. I now also have an ASP from last year and the new SBE from this year as my back up's. Once you find something that fits your swing, fits your budget, and meets your needs, you have it figured out.

The bats today are made to certain specs, some companies borderline those specs based on customer feedback. If you're not going to take much BP, Worth/Miken/Combat/Louisville Slugger is the way to go as they have pushed the limit out of the wrapper and sacraficed some durability. If you enjoy taking BP, and want more durability, Easton/Demarini/Mizuno/Boombah/Baden would be your better choices.

Bat demos are invaluable for bat companies I'd think. I just am leery of spending $ on a bat I haven't gotten to swing myself to see how it feels. Every single bat I've ever owned I've swung previous to buying.

t0mmyb0y

Addicted to Softballfans
The Boombah's were surprisingly nice. The ball really jumped off. the asp one was stiffer and the end load was less noticeable than the asa only and utrip/NSA version.

cjs_82

Addicted to Softballfans
Any of u lads gonna play some GSL at fenton this season? Thinking about trying a couple events and state. I assume thats another sanction fee on top of USSSA if u want to do it? Just not sure if we should play E or D. Utrip we will be E, with the new HR rule changes and how D will now be stacked with elite players.

bojangles

Addicted to Softballfans
Any of u lads gonna play some GSL at fenton this season? Thinking about trying a couple events and state. I assume thats another sanction fee on top of USSSA if u want to do it? Just not sure if we should play E or D. Utrip we will be E, with the new HR rule changes and how D will now be stacked with elite players.

You can dual sanction and save some money

CA0

Starting Player
Did they do the bp this past weekend?

Got together with Tommy Saturday during the snow storm to swing a bat I had to put swings on for testing reasons. If you want to hit a Boombah just let me know where you are hitting BP next and I will get a Boombah to swing. They are great durable bats. This years model is softer than last years and has more end load. Last years was more of a mid load. I have a Asp version that will release in April that is slightly different from the other ones. Like I said just let me know and will get ya demo bat.

rommel51

VP of Jock Strap cleaning
Hey guys. I'm looking for any type of donations for a fundraiser tourney We will be hosting a tourney very very soon. Nailing down a date. I will get info out when available. A fellow softball players son was just diagnosed with cancer. The kid is 7 years old. Some of us have played ball with his dad and I'm very close with the step dad. More info later.

I ask each one of you to think or pray for a kid name Bryce please.

Tip8

Hits BOMBS in League
Hey guys. I'm looking for any type of donations for a fundraiser tourney We will be hosting a tourney very very soon. Nailing down a date. I will get info out when available. A fellow softball players son was just diagnosed with cancer. The kid is 7 years old. Some of us have played ball with his dad and I'm very close with the step dad. More info later.

Do I know him( I think I do)...send me text please :thumb:

doublebagel

Manager

Kyle, I'll check with my parents about getting a radio flyer item for this. I'll let you know tomorrow

Got together with Tommy Saturday during the snow storm to swing a bat I had to put swings on for testing reasons. If you want to hit a Boombah just let me know where you are hitting BP next and I will get a Boombah to swing. They are great durable bats. This years model is softer than last years and has more end load. Last years was more of a mid load. I have a Asp version that will release in April that is slightly different from the other ones. Like I said just let me know and will get ya demo bat.

A few of us are hitting on Tuesdays in Fenton from 8 to 9. We get one cage but I add another if we get enough interest like we did last night.

doublebagel

Manager
They make me want to learn to play the guitar.................and they likely put Gio to shame

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz9VyggeSbA[/ame]